Author Topic: Texas school board votes to fire teacher who asked Trump to deport undocumented students  (Read 751 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Texas school board votes to fire teacher who asked Trump to deport undocumented students
By Rebecca Klar - 06/05/19 08:55 AM EDT

A Texas school board on Tuesday unanimously voted to terminate a teacher who used social media to ask President Trump to deport allegedly undocumented students.

The Fort Worth Star-Telegram reported the Independent School District board voted 8-0 to terminate high school teacher Georgia Clark. The teacher had been put on paid administrative leave last week after being tied to a string of tweets asking Trump to remove the "illegals from Fort Worth."

In one Tweet to Trump, since deleted, Clark said the "district is loaded with illegal students from Mexico" and the high school she works at "has been taken over by them."

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/447028-school-board-votes-to-fire-texas-teacher-who-asked-trump-to-deport
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
So we are firing people for telling the truth these days. SO sad!

If I were this teacher I would sue the hell out of that district!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Given that she was a teacher she should have known that it wouldn't be a career-enhancing move.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Given that she was a teacher she should have known that it wouldn't be a career-enhancing move.

I don't give a damn what her job is! Her job does not revoke her rights!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I don't give a damn what her job is! Her job does not revoke her rights!

Hopefully she will pursue it legally.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

What could be wrong in asking the Executive to do his job, i.e. - enforce the law he swore to protect?

This will go down poorly for the FW school district.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
So we are firing people for telling the truth these days. SO sad!

If I were this teacher I would sue the hell out of that district!

I hope she does-and prevails.
Principles matter. Words matter.