Author Topic: Rep. Andy Biggs: Trump’s hands are tied on illegal immigration by our courts – Just look at the dras  (Read 593 times)

rangerrebew

Rep. Andy Biggs: Trump’s hands are tied on illegal immigration by our courts – Just look at the drastic results

By Rep. Andy Biggs

Published June 04, 2019
Fox News

The United States is being invaded. Congressional leadership has dithered while we are experiencing a surge of illegal border crossings that is inconceivable.

Customs and Border Patrol (CBP) Agents have apprehended more than 300,000 illegal immigrants in the first months of 2019, most of whom claim asylum. We cannot even imagine the number of “get aways” we haven’t caught.

It is anticipated that the number of people apprehended in 2019 will exceed 1,000,000 illegal border crossers. The number is staggering when you realize that the illegal population caught this year alone could almost rank as one of the 10 largest U.S. cities.

Failure to stop this rate of mass migration means every few years more illegal immigrants than Chicago has residents, and almost as many as our nation’s second largest city, Los Angeles, will stream into our country.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/rep-andy-biggs-illegal-immigrants-border-crisis-trump-dhs

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Declare "an invasion".
Send 40,000 troops to the border.
Give them instructions that they are to STOP the invaders as they try to cross, and (ahem) "use proper discretion in doing so"...

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Those judges' rulings are not stopping anything.

Trump as Chief Executive has his power direct from the Constitution and does not have to adher to them.

The are ones that have created a Constitutional crisis in trying to stop his Constitutional duty.

What will the judges do?  Arrest him?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
Those judges' rulings are not stopping anything.

Trump as Chief Executive has his power direct from the Constitution and does not have to adher to them.

The are ones that have created a Constitutional crisis in trying to stop his Constitutional duty.

What will the judges do?  Arrest him?

I theory I fully agree.

However, Trump has a difficult time with dealing with them.

If he had a fair and unbiased media that wouldn't paint his actions as "evil," and if he had the full support of the Republican party, then I believe he should defy the courts and exercise his constitutional duties as you suggest.

However, since neither of the above exist, in this climate his "defiance" will be painted as grounds for impeachment....

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I theory I fully agree.

However, Trump has a difficult time with dealing with them.

If he had a fair and unbiased media that wouldn't paint his actions as "evil," and if he had the full support of the Republican party, then I believe he should defy the courts and exercise his constitutional duties as you suggest.

However, since neither of the above exist, in this climate his "defiance" will be painted as grounds for impeachment....

Exactly!

Offline Hoodat

Trump’s hands are tied on illegal immigration by our courts

BS
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-