Author Topic: In a Male-Dominated Administration, Pentagon Chief Seeks More Women  (Read 365 times)

rangerrebew

In a Male-Dominated Administration, Pentagon Chief Seeks More Women

But critics are skeptical that Patrick Shanahan will fill senior Defense posts with female nominees after a series of resignations.
By Lara Seligman | June 3, 2019, 1:29 PM

The Pentagon is still a largely male-dominated place, and Patrick Shanahan, U.S. President Donald Trump’s nominee for secretary of defense, is pushing hard to change that by filling top posts with female candidates, his chief of staff said.

But some critics are skeptical. “The Trump administration has created the most male-dominant administration since Reagan,” said Loren DeJonge Schulman, a former Pentagon official who now researches national security and defense reform at the Center for a New American Security. “The Defense Department is among the worst, if not the worst, in establishing women as leaders at all levels of the Department, civilian and military.”

https://foreignpolicy.com/2019/06/03/in-a-male-dominated-administration-pentagon-chief-seeks-more-women-shanahan-defense/

rangerrebew

Re: In a Male-Dominated Administration, Pentagon Chief Seeks More Women
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2019, 11:45:37 am »
I think Rosie O'Donnell and Joy Bahar would be ideal choices since they know everything about everything. wink777

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2019, 11:30:53 pm »
"The Pentagon is still a largely male-dominated place, and Patrick Shanahan, U.S. President Donald Trump’s nominee for secretary of defense, is pushing hard to change that by filling top posts with female candidates, his chief of staff said."

If I was Mr. Trump, I'd pull this nomination and look for somebody else.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2019, 11:37:21 pm »
"The Pentagon is still a largely male-dominated place, and Patrick Shanahan, U.S. President Donald Trump’s nominee for secretary of defense, is pushing hard to change that by filling top posts with female candidates, his chief of staff said."

If I was Mr. Trump, I'd pull this nomination and look for somebody else.

If no where else, cannot we agree that our country's military should be a meritocracy?

Online rustynail

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2019, 12:09:17 am »
Someone has to get the coffee.