Author Topic: Mexican government admits 80% of its populated territory is run by cartels, including key border are  (Read 2835 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

Mexican government admits 80% of its populated territory is run by cartels, including key border areas
Daniel Horowitz · June 3, 2019   

s of last year, the Taliban controlled or contested 46 percent of the districts in Afghanistan’s civil war. That was enough justification for us to keep our military perpetually engaged there in combat. What if you were told that 80 percent of Mexico’s territory is controlled by dangerous cartels, including all of the key smuggling routes at our border, and that the cartels are orchestrating all of the illegal immigration into our territory and bringing their members back and forth across our own border?

Several weeks ago, the Mexican investigative journal Contralínea posted a map of Mexico prepared by the government of President Andrés Manuel López Obrador (AMLO), showing that 80 percent of the country’s 266 districts recently targeted for enforcement by the Mexican National Guard in a new counter-cartel operation are either controlled (57.5 percent) or disputed (23.3 percent) by the cartels. “Only 53 (19.92 percent) enjoy a low level of violence, which means that control is exercised by the authorities,” reported Contralínea on May 4, citing the data on the color-coded map.

As you can see, Mexico looks awfully similar to Afghanistan in terms of how much is controlled by insurgent groups. The map of Mexico shows the districts in red fully controlled by the cartels, the ones in yellow in dispute, and the ones in green in control of the Mexican government. They all represent priority enforcement areas for a new Mexican National Guard operation against the cartels proposed by the AMLO regime.

It’s important to note that according to Jaeson Jones, retired captain of Texas’ Department of Public Safety Intelligence and Counterterrorism Division, the priority areas color-coded on the map are mainly the areas where people live, and the ones left out are simply not a priority, not because the cartels don’t control most of those areas, but because there is little infrastructure or population in those areas.

https://www.conservativereview.com/news/mexican-government-admits-80-populated-territory-run-cartels-including-key-border-areas/

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

This is the kicker about this:

Reps. Chip Roy, R-Texas, and Mark Green, R-Tenn., asked the president to designate the cartels as terrorists earlier this year. This move would open up new resources to target the cartels and to treat all of our border policies in a much different light than simply a domestic immigration problem. Yet the State Department continues to balk.

https://www.conservativereview.com/news/mexican-government-admits-80-populated-territory-run-cartels-including-key-border-areas/

Make no mistake these Cartels are terrorists

Warning, graphic and gruesome.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Mexican+Cartel+beheadings&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiK0dy32M7iAhUFOH0KHYdUBtsQ_AUIEigD&biw=1920&bih=813

If we acknowleged that the Cartel are terrorists then we would have to admit they are operating throughout cities in the United States.

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Absalom

Spain, obviously not Rome, controlled the Aztec for 300 years
making Catholics of them and nothing else. Then they went home.
Mexico continues its third world tribal ways and always will as
they have neither the brains nor the incentive to change/improve.
When the drug cartels pass, they will be replaced by the next
posse of hustlers who will be embraced w/open arms by every
Mexican from El Presidente to four year old fruit pickers. Why?
Because it's what they do, all they know how to do and
obviously all they want to do !!!
« Last Edit: June 04, 2019, 03:28:03 am by Absalom »

Offline libertybele

The head of the State Dept. is Pompeo ... appointed by Trump ... and a 'Tea Party' Republican and former director of the CIA. So why the hold up??
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Chosen Daughter

The head of the State Dept. is Pompeo ... appointed by Trump ... and a 'Tea Party' Republican and former director of the CIA. So why the hold up??

That's the million dollar question.  Yet they balk.

https://texasborderbusiness.com/cartels-to-be-promoted-as-foreign-terrorist-organizations/

If POTUS Trump designates Mexican cartels as terrorist groups, will U.S. sanctuary cities be aiding and abetting ‘terrorism’?
Posted on March 15, 2019 by usafeaturesmedia in Crime, Current Events, Executive Branch, Foreign Policy, Illegal Immigration, Sanctuary Cities, Smuggling, terrorism, Trump Administration, White House // 2 Comments

https://thenationalsentinel.com/2019/03/15/if-potus-trump-designates-mexican-cartels-as-terrorist-groups-will-u-s-sanctuary-cities-be-aiding-and-abetting-terrorism/

https://www.invasionusa.news/2019-03-14-trump-may-designate-mexican-cartels-terrorist-organizations.html

« Last Edit: June 04, 2019, 03:14:01 am by Chosen Daughter »

Offline Chosen Daughter

2016:

Monday, 02 May 2016
Mexican Cartels Moving Terrorists Across Southern U.S. Border
Written by  Clinton Alexander

According to Judicial Watch, for some time Mexican drug cartels have been helping Islamic terrorists now living in Mexico to cross the U.S. border in order to explore possible areas of attack in the United States. The wachdog group reports:

Among the jihadists that travel back and forth through the porous southern border is a Kuwaiti named Shaykh Mahmood Omar Khabir, an ISIS operative who lives in the Mexican state of Chihuahua not far from El Paso, Texas. Khabir trained hundreds of Al Qaeda fighters in Pakistan, Afghanistan and Yemen and has lived in Mexico for more than a year, according to information provided by JW’s [Judicial Watch's] government source.

In a recent article, Khabir bragged to the Italian newspaper il Giornale, "The border that separates Mexico from the United States is so full of free zones that I could come in with a group of men in a few hours and kill thousands of people in Texas or Arizona."

Considering the full weight of the statements by Khabir and the recent findings by Judicial Watch, there has never been a more important time to secure the southern border of the United States.

According to il Giornale, the Mexican secretary of foreign affairs stated:

The Obama administration and the American media are guilty of neglecting the phenomenon. We cannot understand whether it is a strategy, but this new wave of fundamentalism could have some surprises for the United States.

In spite of Mexico’s large Catholic component, Khabir maintains that extremism has made large strides in the Mexican culture. Claiming thousands of converts over the last six to eight years, Khabir asserts that Muslim imams have had great recruiting success and have been welcomed in the Mexican society more so even than with the European culture.

According to the Judicial Watch report, “Now Khabir trains thousands of men — mostly Syrians and Yemenis — to fight in an ISIS base situated in the Mexico-U.S. border region near Ciudad Juárez.”

If indeed the reports are accurate and Khabir is living near the U.S.-Mexico border, the prospect of a porous border combined with nearly nonexistent immigration standards should raise red flags not only in U.S.-Mexico border states, but across the country.

Even Politifact, a left-leaning political fact-checking group owned by the Tampa Bay Times, admitted the concern when in an April 2016 article, author Joshua Gillin noted,
There have been several reported incidents along the U.S.-Mexico border of several agencies encountering people on terrorism watch lists or with ties (or suspected ties) to terrorist groups. There also have been a number of people from countries associated with terror groups stopped by authorities, although that’s not an indication they’re terrorist infiltrators.

https://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/immigration/item/23095-mexican-cartels-moving-terrorists-across-southern-u-s-border
« Last Edit: June 04, 2019, 03:19:29 am by Chosen Daughter »

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

So Mexico is for the most part essentially no longer a country, just a bunch of autonomous groups.

How does the US interface with such a collection of rabble?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Chosen Daughter

Must read.  There were calls to designate them terrorists back in 2012 

http://globalsecuritystudies.com/ODonnell%20Mexican%20Cartels.pdf

That one brings tears to my eyes.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Yet, at the same time, article after article will tell you Mexico's economy is booming and a lot of that is on the border.

Baja California, Mexico Is A BOOMING Economic And Cultural Success Story
2:39 PM 05/04/2018 |
Raoul Lowery-Contreras | Contributor

The culture shock I experienced when I left the nonprofit economy several decades ago for what many considered the “Big Time” for-profit economy just over the Mexican border was not as sobering as the culture shock I experienced when I returned to Mexico to look at business in today’s Mexico.

My experience was immeasurably positive.

https://dailycaller.com/2018/05/04/baja-california-mexico-booming-success/

It's pretty crazy, also, I wish I'd remembered where I read it but sometimes when one hears about the "Cartel wars", one article was saying that a lot of time, this is just neighborhood vs. neighborhood (colonias)... I think that article pointed out though, that in a sense, the big cartels (like Sinoloa Cartel etc.) are still involved, they hired youth gangs and that is who is doing the fighting.

Mexico's trouble is just entrenched in the system, anyone who has regularly gone to the border knows of the phenom called mordidas, simply the "bite", that is bribes... Police making up something you did, say speeding, and you pay them off and no more trouble.

Lots of trouble, problems, I'd say low wages, because the "Twin Plants" (one factory plant on our side, the other over there, also called "Maquiladors") are building US products over there, often as the article says Medical devices.

The Maquilador phenomenon as well, getting longwinded, but a lot of women, young ladies on up, have gotten jobs there, wages aren't high but they are pretty constant and in their society, it has given women more pull in society and there's been a bit of a rebellion against this by the males.... the women being breadwinners, more desirable type workers, that is a topic into itself. So, probably a good number of the males get involved in crime.

Unbelievably screwed up, FUBAR.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Watch the Clint Eastwood film, "The Mule"
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Absalom

So Mexico is for the most part essentially no longer a country, just a bunch of autonomous groups.
--------------------------------
A reflection.
Our options are extermination/genocide or changing their behavior.
Since the first violates the Law of God and Man, we need Americans
to be committed to changing their behavior, which we do not have.
Not only are average people fractured over this but, sadly, the first
instinct of our crony capitalists is to measure the impact of any
economic action (tariffs) in terms of its effect on their bank accounts.
Lacking any unifying strategy, we will simply bumble along as the
situation continues to metastasize.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2019, 03:57:18 am by Absalom »

Offline Chosen Daughter

Yet, at the same time, article after article will tell you Mexico's economy is booming and a lot of that is on the border.

It's pretty crazy, also, I wish I'd remembered where I read it but sometimes when one hears about the "Cartel wars", one article was saying that a lot of time, this is just neighborhood vs. neighborhood (colonias)... I think that article pointed out though, that in a sense, the big cartels (like Sinoloa Cartel etc.) are still involved, they hired youth gangs and that is who is doing the fighting.

Mexico's trouble is just entrenched in the system, anyone who has regularly gone to the border knows of the phenom called mordidas, simply the "bite", that is bribes... Police making up something you did, say speeding, and you pay them off and no more trouble.

Lots of trouble, problems, I'd say low wages, because the "Twin Plants" (one factory plant on our side, the other over there, also called "Maquiladors") are building US products over there, often as the article says Medical devices.

The Maquilador phenomenon as well, getting longwinded, but a lot of women, young ladies on up, have gotten jobs there, wages aren't high but they are pretty constant and in their society, it has given women more pull in society and there's been a bit of a rebellion against this by the males.... the women being breadwinners, more desirable type workers, that is a topic into itself. So, probably a good number of the males get involved in crime.

Unbelievably screwed up, FUBAR.

Oh, very good.  You are just as good as the politicians that have been trying to minimize this since the early 2000"s.  A small section of the PDF that I posted:

"Killings, kidnappings, and other violence has dramatically increased in Monterrey, Nuevo León, Mexico’s third largest city and an industrial hub that lies 135 miles from the United States (slightly longer in distance than Long Island, New York from point to point or a 2 hour drive). Following a spate of kidnappings, the murder of a mayor in a wealthy suburb, and a grenade exploding in front of the offices of broadcast channel Televisa in Monterrey, in August 2010 business and civic leaders from the area published an open letter to President Calderón urging him to send three army battalions and a battalion of marines to combat the drug traffickers...also two bodyguards were killed in a shoot-out in front of an elite school where American expatriates and wealthy Mexicans send their children. The U.S. State Department has granted danger pay to the staff of the five border consulates and the consulate in Monterrey. In addition, the State Department evacuated all employee minor dependents in Monterrey beginning in September 2010. As a result, other Americans living in Monterrey are leaving and some businesses are allowing their employees to send their families back to the United States. Armed DTO road blocks and informal curfews are changing the way of life in what had been one of Mexico’s safest and most modern cities" (Beittel 2011). 

http://globalsecuritystudies.com/ODonnell%20Mexican%20Cartels.pdf
« Last Edit: June 04, 2019, 04:26:16 am by Chosen Daughter »

Offline Chosen Daughter

--------------------------------
A reflection.
Our options are extermination/genocide or changing their behavior.
Since the first violates the Law of God and Man, we need Americans
to be committed to changing their behavior, which we do not have.
Not only are average people fractured over this but, sadly, the first
instinct of our crony capitalists is to measure the impact of any
economic action (tariffs) in terms of its effect on their bank accounts.
Lacking any unifying strategy, we will simply bumble along as the
situation continues to metastasize.

I suppose if you think tariffs are the only answer.  If we designate the drug cartel terrorist it opens the door to military.

Coyotes and military training.

http://www.renewamerica.com/columns/webster/100518
« Last Edit: June 04, 2019, 04:44:21 am by Chosen Daughter »

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Good article and good followup insight @Chosen Daughter

Just burns me up that the border is freaking wide open and nobody in Washington does a dang thing about it.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Then perhaps Trump should be putting tariffs on the illegal drugs, weapons, terrorists, and sex slaves he lets through the border.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Good article and good followup insight @Chosen Daughter

Just burns me up that the border is freaking wide open and nobody in Washington does a dang thing about it.

I know, right?  Like I said it brought tears to my eyes that they have known this stuff for so long and they still can't even give a crap.  There is only one `1 America.  There is no other place on earth like it.  People come here because it is good.  But it is turning to shit right before our eyes.  Soon we will be the same as they are.  Political assassinations to protect the drugs and human trafficking.  One politician after another mired in drug corruption.  And there will be no place on earth to escape violence, terrorism and drug money.  We are nearly there.  And they sit with their asses on their hands hoping Americans won't figure it out.

And there is hardly a day that goes by you don't hear someone talking about how drugs have affected their families, friends, neighbors or neighborhoods and communities.  We can't even go to the river.  You might get stuck with a hypodermic needle hiding in the sand.

Its not a pretty picture for our future.  It can only increase.  That is what untreated cancer does.  Grows metastasizes until it completely takes over.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2019, 05:13:53 am by Chosen Daughter »

Offline Absalom

I suppose if you think tariffs are the only answer.  If we designate the drug cartel terrorist it opens the door to military.
Coyotes and military training.

http://www.renewamerica.com/columns/webster/100518
-------------------------------
I think Tariffs are a vehicle to get the attention of China and Mexico, not a behavior changer.
If we can employ the military effectively I support this yet our track record gives me pause.

Offline Chosen Daughter

-------------------------------
I think Tariffs are a vehicle to get the attention of China and Mexico, not a behavior changer.
If we can employ the military effectively I support this yet our track record gives me pause.

If 80% of the Mexico is controlled by drug Cartel I have a hard time believing we are going to get any help from them without military action.  80% is past due time to consider the Mexican government out of control of their own security.  I think it is time for our governments to negotiate military action against drug cartel.  If they don't want to act we have to.  We have to protect our country.  These drug Cartel are joining ranks with terrorists from the ME that are bragging they can come right in and kill thousands of Americans.  People don't like to but if they looked at the images of the beheadings and dismemberments drug Cartel are doing.  Looked at the number of people they are killing in the most torturous and brutal ways they would realize this is ISIS style killings.  We just can't pretend it isn't a problem anymore.   As I posted in the last article the Las Zitas (spelling?) coyotes are military trained and armed.  Some of them former Mexican military that were even trained in the US.  Our citizens are in danger.  Troops should be armed and ready at the border.  This is a long drawn out invasion.  We have just sat by and watched.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2019, 05:55:47 am by Chosen Daughter »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
This sounds bad on the face of it,but it's actually good news that Mexico is now recognizing it is happening. You can't do anything to resolve any problems as long as you continue to refuse you have problems.

This is the VERY necessary first step,and you have no hope without it.

Of course,the real secret to success here it to keep a VEWWY,VEWWY close eye on those who are put in charge of resolving the problems. Too often they are apparatchiks of the failing police state government that are put in those positions to make sure no effective changes are made.

NOBODY gladly gives up power.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@IsailedawayfromFR

Have you not been paying ANY attention the news and what they support that is proposed by the DNC?

Although "interface" with them is scarily close to the truth. The left/DNC wants us to BECOME them. It's their route to overthrowing the Constitution by declaration of Martial Law "for the duration of the emergency".

Guess who are the only ones with the authority to declare an emergency has ended.

Offline Chosen Daughter

This sounds bad on the face of it,but it's actually good news that Mexico is now recognizing it is happening. You can't do anything to resolve any problems as long as you continue to refuse you have problems.

This is the VERY necessary first step,and you have no hope without it.

Of course,the real secret to success here it to keep a VEWWY,VEWWY close eye on those who are put in charge of resolving the problems. Too often they are apparatchiks of the failing police state government that are put in those positions to make sure no effective changes are made.

NOBODY gladly gives up power.

Sneakypete they have know for a long time.  If you read the articles I posted it isn't the first time that our government has been asked by elected officials to designate Cartel as terrorists.  We need our CIC to do what a Commander should do.  Command the military.  And perhaps if we declare a war on the terrorists that have taken over Mexico, our border and even well within our border and major cities we could stop the mass migration.  I think we could stop Assylum until the time we can determine it is safe for us.  Donald Trump needs to designate these Cartels what they are Terrorists.  We have a war.  A fight for the life of this country.  We can't afford another year waiting to do nothing.  Not 6,4,2 or `1 month.  It needs action 15 years past.  Action should have been years ago.  Now it is a military emergency to protect our country.

I have children.  I don't see a future if this country falls to the same fate of our neighbor.

If the Taliban were orchestrating a flow of mass migration across parts of Afghani-controlled territory, strategically shutting down our security, and profiting from it, we would instantly take military action. When Mexican cartels are placing our own country in mortal danger, why is that not reason enough to treat this is a military threat instead of an immigration issue?
What is amazing is that Border Patrol and the National Guard are ordered not to engage the cartels and armed smugglers at all and cannot nab any of them even a few feet over our border for concern of violating Mexico’s sovereignty. We won’t even fight back when they detain and disarm our regular military units on our own side of the river. Yet, we now see that the Mexican government itself admits it has no sovereignty over that area. Why should we allow our sovereignty to be trampled by cartel figures going back and forth with impunity when fighting them won’t even violate Mexican sovereignty and will actually help it?

Our government is fully aware of this dynamic. This map of control was sent out by a federal agency to Border Patrol in a daily intelligence briefing on May 9. CR has obtained a copy of this briefing from a Border Patrol agent who must remain anonymous because he is not authorized to speak to the press. Why the relevant government agencies refuse to recognize the border as an insurgency conflict rather than simply an immigration issue remains a mystery.

Must remain anonymous.  American citizens are not supposed to know.  If everyone did know the extent of the problem perhaps something would be done.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

American citizens are not supposed to know.  If everyone did know the extent of the problem perhaps something would be done.

@Chosen Daughter

Your first job is to figure out a way to make them care. Most people like fat and happy,and don't want to hear negative vibes,bay-bay! If they don't see something as an immediate danger to THEM PERSONALLY,they just don't give a damn.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
The reason that nothing serious is being done, to address the seriousness of the problem, is that too many people are making too much $$$$.

In their view, the US citizens will just have to deal with this.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The reason that nothing serious is being done, to address the seriousness of the problem, is that too many people are making too much $$$$.

In their view, the US citizens will just have to deal with this.

@EdJames

Yup,and let's not kid ourselves,they ain't all government officials on Mexico's side of the border.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
@EdJames

Yup,and let's not kid ourselves,they ain't all government officials on Mexico's side of the border.

That's right, and they all ain't government officials.