Author Topic: Texas Attorney General Paxton sues San Antonio over Chick-fil-A records  (Read 457 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Houston Chronicle by  Taylor Goldenstein June 3, 2019

Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton is suing to force the city of San Antonio and City Manager Erik Walsh to produce documents requested for his office's investigation into the city's exclusion of Chick-fil-A from its airport.

“The City of San Antonio claims that it can hide documents because it anticipates being sued,” Paxton said in a statement. “But we’ve simply opened an investigation using the Public Information Act. If a mere investigation is enough to excuse the City of San Antonio from its obligation to be transparent with the people of Texas, then the Public Information Act is a dead letter.”

More: https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/politics/texas_legislature/article/Texas-Attorney-General-Paxton-sues-city-of-San-13921346.php

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Get'em Paxton!   
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Sounds to me like Paxton needs to file a suit to force SA to cough up as part of discovery. I guess they like it rough.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Paxton will win this one.

Cities exist at the pleasure of the state and are decidedly not autonomous.

With his power as AG, I would think he could simply send agents in to take those records if he chose to.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2019, 12:52:11 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington