Author Topic: Fr. Robert Spitzer in Dallas, 7/18/2019  (Read 387 times)

Offline Night Hides Not

Fr. Robert Spitzer in Dallas, 7/18/2019
« on: June 03, 2019, 05:43:54 pm »
http://grnonline.com/summerspeakerseries/

Saw this at our local Catholic bookstore yesterday, after church...it's next to a restaurant we frequent after Mass.

Make plans to join us for an enlightening and lively evening with one of the greatest minds in the Catholic world while sharing food, wine, and conversation with the Guadalupe Radio Network Family.
Father Robert J. Spitzer, S.J. is a well-known speaker, philosopher, educator, author and retired President of Gonzaga University in Spokane, Washington.

He’s the founder and president of the Magis Center of Reason and Faith, a non-profit organization dedicated to developing educational materials on the complementarity of science, philosophy, and faith.

Fr. Spitzer is one of the most brilliant and dynamic speakers I have ever heard.

I particularly remember being on campus for a reunion back in 2001. He gave a 90 minute presentation on his book, "Healing the Culture". As I looked around the auditorium, I could distinguish between alumni and visitors. At the risk of exaggeration, alumni like me were soaking it in, going back to our undergraduate days, remembering the great education we received.

Visitors appeared mesmerized, if not awed, by Fr. Spitzer's dynamic presentation.

I look forward to seeing (and hearing) him again.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.