Author Topic: House Dems propose 3.1 percent pay hike for federal workers  (Read 188 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
House Dems propose 3.1 percent pay hike for federal workers
By Niv Elis - 06/03/19 09:47 AM EDT

House Democrats are proposing a 3.1 percent pay hike for federal workers in 2020.

The raise was included in the draft appropriations bill covering financial services and general government, which is expected to advance through a subcommittee hearing on Monday and advance to the House floor later in the month.

President Trump blocked a scheduled 2.1 percent increase in pay to federal workers last year, in an order that froze federal pay. He later agreed to a 1.9 percent increase in federal pay that was included in a spending package passed by Congress.

The draft bill with the pay hike for federal workers would add $1.4 billion in new federal spending.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/finance/446603-house-dems-propose-31-percent-pay-hike-for-federal-workers
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: House Dems propose 3.1 percent pay hike for federal workers
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2019, 04:45:53 pm »
not only no but HELL no!  They already make twice what the average private sector worker does and the private sector guy actually does something for HIS pay!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien