Author Topic: William Barr Is Washington’s Worst Nightmare  (Read 182 times)

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

William Barr Is Washington’s Worst Nightmare
« on: June 03, 2019, 02:40:50 pm »
Nothing scares the denizens of D.C. more than an honest man.

If you are bewildered by the weird antipathy with which Democrats and the media regard Attorney General William Barr, consider a passage from the Nobel Prize acceptance speech delivered by Polish dissident Czesław Miłosz in 1980: “In a room where people unanimously maintain a conspiracy of silence, one word of truth sounds like a pistol shot.” Our government hasn’t yet devolved into the kind of totalitarian regime under which Poland groaned at that time, but there is a conspiracy of silence surrounding the skullduggery that led to the Russia collusion fraud, and Barr fired that metaphorical pistol on April 10, 2019.

Barr used the word “spying” during testimony before the Senate Appropriations Committee with regard to his plan to look into counterintelligence activities against the Trump campaign during the 2016 election cycle. When he first uttered that word, it clearly startled every Democrat on the committee. Senator Jeanne Shaheen (D-NH) immediately inquired if he really believed spying had occurred. Barr said, “I think spying did occur, yes.” That bullet continues to ricochet around the Beltway to this day. Indeed, his use of the “s” word was belabored at considerable length by Jan Crawford during the CBS interview with Barr that aired Friday:

On using the word, I mean, do you understand, and I know that some of the, some former intelligence chiefs have said that the president has made that word somewhat pejorative, that there is spying, this is a witch hunt, this is a hoax, and so your use of that word makes it seem that you are being a loyalist.

Having endured that word salad with his characteristic patience, Barr ignored the odd suggestion that “being a loyalist” was somehow improper. He did, however, make it clear that he had no intention of heeding the none-too-subtle attempts to stop him from using the verboten term. “It’s a perfectly good English word; I will continue to use it.” This is why Barr is so scary to Washington insiders. He’s an honest man with more concern for the truth than his popularity inside the Beltway. This has clearly caused considerable trepidation in the Justice Department, the intelligence community, the Democratic Party, and the media.

And all four were deeply involved in creating, cultivating, and keeping the Russia collusion narrative “above the fold” for nearly three years. Thus, Barr’s obvious intention of getting to the bottom of what was essentially a thinly veiled coup attempt has inevitably caused the number of self-serving attacks on the AG to increase. A clearly frightened James Comey, for example, tweeted: “Bill Barr on CBS offers no facts. An AG should not be echoing conspiracy theories. He should gather facts and show them. That is what Justice is about.” Saint James is obviously terrified that he will do just that. It’s a valid fear as Barr told CBS:

I just think it has to be carefully looked at because the use of foreign intelligence capabilities and counterintelligence capabilities against an American political campaign to me is unprecedented and it’s a serious red line that’s been crossed.… What was the process? Who had to approve it?

https://spectator.org/william-barr-is-washingtons-worst-nightmare/
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien