Author Topic: Black News Channel Sets Key Talent on Way to Hiring 100 Staffers  (Read 976 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
This looks like Conservative Black Americans are setting this up! So, it'll probably be straight news nuanced to the AA community, Larry Elder will be on it if one reads the remainder of the article, JC Watt must be the guy on the left, JC, a Sooner, not sure where he was born. Good job, it sounds good and it sounds like a lot of planning and funding is going into it. Hispanics have Univision and some other channels so why not?

Black News Channel Sets Key Talent on Way to Hiring 100 Staffers

April 25, 2019  Anita Bennett   

There’s a new player coming to the 24-hour cable news business.

After more than a decade of planning, Black News Channel (BNC) — a multi-platform news and information channel featuring programming by African Americans for African Americans — is set to launch on Nov. 15.

J.C. Watts Jr., a former athlete and Republican Congressman from Oklahoma, is chairman and co-founder of the network. Other key executives include CEO and Co-Founder Robert Brillante, Chief Operating Officer Jim Zerwekh, VP and General Manager Frank Watson and VP of News and Programming Gary Wordlaw.

Read more at: https://urbanhollywood411.com/2019/04/25/black-news-channel-to-hire-100-staffers/

« Last Edit: June 03, 2019, 05:33:06 am by TomSea »

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
Re: Black News Channel Sets Key Talent on Way to Hiring 100 Staffers
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2019, 06:17:58 am »
Seriously? You don't know who J.C. Watts is?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._C._Watts

The guy on the left is Byron Pitts. Worked in network news.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byron_Pitts

I'll be curious to see what they're able to put together and how effective it will be.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2019, 08:51:34 am »
Knew him when he had hair, I've primarily heard him on the radio. I don't watch much Fox Prime Time or even TV for that matter though, that is fine if one does.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2019, 08:53:27 am »
This looks like Conservative Black Americans are setting this up! So, it'll probably be straight news nuanced to the AA community, Larry Elder will be on it if one reads the remainder of the article, JC Watt must be the guy on the left, JC, a Sooner, not sure where he was born. Good job, it sounds good and it sounds like a lot of planning and funding is going into it. Hispanics have Univision and some other channels so why not?

@TomSea

Why not,indeed!

Now that it seems to be happening,the only surprise is that it has taken this long.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline aligncare

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2019, 10:02:11 am »
Conservative or not, I don’t like anything that sequesters Americans by race.

The test: how would people react to the launch of a White News Channel? Yet, we shrug over BET, Miss Black America, all black schools and black only graduations, and now BNC?

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2019, 05:12:11 pm »
Conservative or not, I don’t like anything that sequesters Americans by race.

The test: how would people react to the launch of a White News Channel? Yet, we shrug over BET, Miss Black America, all black schools and black only graduations, and now BNC?

I get it, and I agree. But because this venture might provide the ability to draw in an audience who would never expose themselves to a message that didn't toe the Democrat line, I can put my objections aside. If it offers the opportunity and encouragement for blacks to flee the Democrat plantation, it will have been worth it.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2019, 05:23:03 pm »
This should be interesting.  Can't wait to hear the content.  It should provide a perspective that we don't get from any of the other news channels, including FOX.  The Conservative message needs to be translated to a more personal level.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline berdie

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2019, 08:04:27 pm »
This should be interesting.  Can't wait to hear the content.  It should provide a perspective that we don't get from any of the other news channels, including FOX.  The Conservative message needs to be translated to a more personal level.

I agree with that. I think it will be interesting to see what is being said.