Author Topic: Rashida Tlaib and that “safe haven” for Jews created by the Palestinians  (Read 243 times)

rangerrebew

Rashida Tlaib and that “safe haven” for Jews created by the Palestinians

Jun 1, 2019 2:00 pm By Hugh Fitzgerald 50 Comments
Appearing as a guest on the Yahoo News podcast “Skullduggery” in early May, Rashida Tlaib offered her own fantastical version of Israeli, and “Palestinian” history:

“There’s always kind of a calming feeling, I tell folks, when I think of the Holocaust, and the tragedy of the Holocaust, and the fact that it was my ancestors — Palestinians — who lost their land and some lost their lives, their livelihood, their human dignity, their existence in many ways, have been wiped out, and some people’s [sic] passports,” Tlaib said on the podcast’s most recent episode, published Friday [May 11]. “And, just all of it was in the name of trying to create a safe haven for Jews, post-the Holocaust, post-the tragedy and the horrific persecution of Jews across the world at that time. And, I love the fact that it was my ancestors that provided that, right,[sic] in many ways, but they did it in a way that took their human dignity away and it  was forced on them.”

https://www.jihadwatch.org/2019/06/rashida-tlaib-and-that-safe-haven-for-jews-created-by-the-palestinians

Offline goatprairie

Left to the Arabs who were in the majority before the the twentieth century (there were always Jews in the area), the land known as Israel/Palestine would still be  a wasteland and the inhabitants barely surviving living a wretched existence.
Mark Twain traveled through the land in the late 1800s and called it a wasteland.
The Jews made it something. Israel is, for its size, maybe the most productive country in the world in the area of medical/technological/scientific achievements. The Arab contributions in those areas....a lot less.