Author Topic: Ranking NFL’s all-time best quarterbacks | Where are Aaron Rodgers, Bart Starr, Tom Brady, Peyton Ma  (Read 491 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Excerpts, first 10 of top 20:

Ranking NFL’s all-time best quarterbacks | Where are Aaron Rodgers, Bart Starr, Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Joe Namath, other top QBs?

1. Tom Brady:

2. Joe Montana:

3. Peyton Manning:

4. Johnny Unitas:

5. Brett Favre:

6. Dan Marino:

7. Aaron Rodgers:

8. Otto Graham:

9. John Elway:

10. Steve Young:

Read more at: https://www.nj.com/jets/2019/06/ranking-nfls-best-all-time-quarterbacks-where-are-aaron-rodgers-bart-starr-tom-brady-peyton-manning-joe-namath-other-top-qbs.html

I can think of 2 or 3 QBs who could be included. Not a bad list, there is no correct answer and yes, sports thrives on controversy.

No Raiders quarterbacks? No Dan Fouts?  No Bobby Layne? They are surely up there and others too.

Drew Brees at number 12, Roger Staubach at 13, these are really close calls. Brees should maybe move up in the rankings... and at that, I'd find it hard to say he is better than Staubach. It's tough out there. Also, maybe, I'm not sure, but maybe some teams had the funds to make some very good teams versus the others... you also had a bit of an age of steroids too. So, it's all in good fun and sports talk.

No Troy Aikman it just came to mind. I wouldn't want to necessarily, cut someone out just to put Aikman in it but he did win 3 or 4 Superbowls after all.   Eli? I'd have to look at the stats.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2019, 11:25:14 pm by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Otto Graham, #8, may be before a lot of our time but this is pretty significant:
Graham is regarded by critics as one of the most dominant players of his era, having taken the Browns to league championship games every year between 1946 and 1955, winning seven of them. With Graham at quarterback, the Browns posted a record of 114 wins, 20 losses, and four ties, including a 9–3 win–loss record in the playoffs.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otto_Graham

IMO, you can compare different eras but just barely, it really doesn't hold up well.