Author Topic: So Far, $1.57 Billion for Wall Yields 1.7 Miles of Fence  (Read 374 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
So Far, $1.57 Billion for Wall Yields 1.7 Miles of Fence
« on: June 01, 2019, 12:58:51 am »
Bloomberg By Edvard Pettersson 5/21/2019

U.S. Customs and Border Protection has put up just 1.7 miles of fencing with the $1.57 billion that Congress appropriated last year for President Donald Trump’s wall along the Mexican border, a federal judge was told.

A lawyer for the Democrat-controlled U.S. House of Representatives provided the information Tuesday to the judge in Oakland, California, who is weighing requests from 20 state attorneys general and the the Sierra Club to block Trump from using funds not authorized by Congress to build the wall.

"The administration recently provided updated information to Congress on the status of its efforts as of April 30, 2019," the attorney, Douglas Letter, said in a court filing. "Based on that updated information, it appears that CBP has now constructed 1.7 miles of fencing with its fiscal year 2018 funding."

That was 3/4 of a mile more than the administration reported at the end of February, Letter said.

More: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-05-21/federal-wall-funding-of-1-57-billion-yields-1-7-miles-of-fence

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Re: So Far, $1.57 Billion for Wall Yields 1.7 Miles of Fence
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2019, 01:52:18 am »
Exciting news.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2019, 02:54:13 am »
I understand the first barrel of oil from a new well is exquisitely expensive.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2019, 04:24:39 am »
That is why illegal apprehensions have slowed to a trickle of 2K daily, and thank God the Mexicans are paying for it through the tariffs.
/sarc
« Last Edit: June 01, 2019, 04:30:08 am by Once-Ler »