Author Topic: Ocasio-Cortez returns to bartending in support of tipped workers: 'Still got it!'  (Read 306 times)

Online corbe

Ocasio-Cortez returns to bartending in support of tipped workers: 'Still got it!'

By Morgan Gstalter - 05/31/19 10:38 PM EDT

Ocasio-Cortez returns to bartending in support of tipped workers: 'Still got it!'
© Getty Images

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) returned to her roots as a bartender Friday night to pour drinks in support of tipped workers and a $15-minimum wage.

“I was nervous that I may have lost my touch - still got it! That muscle memory doesn’t quit,” the congresswoman wrote on Twitter.

Ocasio-Cortez worked as a bartender in New York before launching her Democratic congressional bid last year to defeat longtime incumbent Rep. Joe Crowley in the 2018 Democratic primary.

Employers in 43 states are allowed to pay workers below the federal minimum wage if they earn the full minimum wage counting tips.

<..snip..>

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/446451-ocasio-cortez-returns-to-bartending-in-support-of-tipped-workers-still-got-it
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online corbe

I'd hit it.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline verga

I'd hit it.
In the face.... with a cream pie. Think about it carefully, you don't know where the other end has been, or who was there before you.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.