Author Topic: Ted Cruz comes out AGAINST anti-Catholic judge nomination, tells Trump to DROP IT!  (Read 977 times)

Offline corbe

Ted Cruz comes out AGAINST anti-Catholic judge nomination, tells Trump to DROP IT!

May 31, 2019 6:53 pm by SooperMexican

El Scoopo reported on a bizzare Trump nomination of a judge that compared people holding to their Catholic faith to the KKK and extreme Muslim beliefs!

Well it looks like the TedNado agreed that this was a very poor choice for a Trump judge:

Ted Cruz
 âœ”  @tedcruz 

.⁦@HawleyMO⁩ is right. The nominee didn’t just represent a client; at his confirmation he affirmatively declared “there is no distinction” btwn Catholic teachings and KKK bigotry.  I’m a NO.  And POTUS should withdraw the nomination. https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/05/religious-liberty-federal-bench-nominees/ …
4:35 PM - May 31, 2019
Wow. Here’s what el Scoopy wrote about his suspicion that this was a nomination in order to placate Democrats and liberals:

<..snip..>

https://therightscoop.com/ted-cruz-comes-out-against-anti-catholic-judge-nomination-tells-trump-to-drop-it/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

Seems Debbie Stabenow (D-MI) recommended him to the President.

Nominees Hostile to Religious Liberty Have No Place on the Federal Bench

By Josh Hawley   

May 31, 2019 6:30 AM

Lawyers have a duty to their clients — but that’s no excuse to launch gratuitous attacks on the faithful.

Missourians are sensible people. Like so many Americans, they understand that the self-appointed elites in our country don’t particularly care about them or their values. That’s especially true in our courts, where too many unelected, activist judges ignore the law and force on the rest of us their own agenda.

The people of Missouri sent me to Washington to fight for their values. It is my solemn responsibility as a member of the Senate Judiciary Committee to ensure the women and men to whom we give lifetime appointments will dispassionately follow the law and uphold the Constitution. That’s what I’ve done. And, once again, the Washington establishment is attacking me for it.

Michael Bogren is a nominee for a judicial seat in Michigan. He is currently defending the city of East Lansing, Mich., in a lawsuit brought by Steve and Bridget Tennes. The Tenneses are a faithful Catholic family who operate Country Mill Orchard and Cider Mill. After they stated publicly that they believe in the Bible’s teachings on marriage and adhere to those beliefs for their business, the city barred them from participating in the local farmers market. They were then forced to sue the city to defend their rights.

<..snip..>

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/05/religious-liberty-federal-bench-nominees/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Hoodat

It's always good to see someone stand on Conservative principles.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline LegalAmerican

I just wrote I still don't trust Ted.  Here it is.  He thinks he is president.  a-hole.

Offline corbe

You're trolling me, aren't ya @LegalAmerican

Offline LegalAmerican

Ted Cruz's religion is DOMINICAN.  HE SUPPORTS KILLING GAYS...it is in their religion.  WHY SHOULD anyone Catholic not be a judge?  WE HAVE MUSLIM JUDGES.....was Lying Ted against them too?   OH..I see,  they believe in killing gays too.  I loathe Ted.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Ted Cruz's religion is DOMINICAN.  HE SUPPORTS KILLING GAYS...it is in their religion.  WHY SHOULD anyone Catholic not be a judge?  WE HAVE MUSLIM JUDGES.....was Lying Ted against them too?   OH..I see,  they believe in killing gays too.  I loathe Ted.

Well, you've just shown how much we can trust your opinions.  Not at all.

Offline Night Hides Not

How does it feel to post crap without checking out it's veracity? I never had that luxury.  According to
https://sco.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Cruz, Senator Cruz is a Southern Baptist.

And "Lyin' Ted" is so 2016. I think you are trolling @corbe .
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Agreed.

Offline libertybele

888high58888
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Oh good grief.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !

I'll have a bottle of whatever she/he/it is not drinking....
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline dancer

His father's church is called Seven Mountain Dominionism.  Ted was to be King Josiah, on of seven Dominionism world leaders.  Southern Baptist my arse.  duckduckgo it. 

Offline Hoodat

Still waiting for someone to tell me the lie that 'Lying Ted' [sic] allegedly told.  It's been over 3 years now.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline ABX

Still waiting for someone to tell me the lie that 'Lying Ted' [sic] allegedly told.  It's been over 3 years now.

This all started because he retweeted a news report that Ben Carson had dropped out (he didn't but did within 48 hours so the report was just a bit premature). Trump immediately started calling him that and well, if Trump says it, it is gospel even if it wasn't true.

Offline Hoodat

This all started because he retweeted a news report that Ben Carson had dropped out (he didn't but did within 48 hours so the report was just a bit premature). Trump immediately started calling him that and well, if Trump says it, it is gospel even if it wasn't true.

So it wasn't a lie.  The only ones lying are the ones saying 'Lying Ted'.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Yesterday the board had an anti-semite, today we have anti-Catholic.

Gee, which religion are we going to hate next week?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I'll have a bottle of whatever she/he/it is not drinking....

Make mine a double please.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline corbe

It's obvious to me that Sen. Cruz lied when in his endorsement of Trump he said that he would make a great President.

Offline Hoodat

You may be onto something, @corbe.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Night Hides Not

It's obvious to me that Sen. Cruz lied when in his endorsement of Trump he said that he would make a great President.

I think it's more puffery than lying...but that's just me.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline ABX

The problem is the media misspelled his quote. He said 'grate' and they spelled it 'great'.

Grate-
1. To reduce to fragments, shreds, or powder
2. To cause to make a harsh grinding or rasping sound through friction

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I just wrote I still don't trust Ted.  Here it is.  He thinks he is president.  a-hole.

Blasting conservatives here?  You gotta be the dumbest bozo at TBR.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
  I loathe Ted.

Wow, you have a lot in common with us who feel that about you.

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline GrouchoTex

How does it feel to post crap without checking out it's veracity? I never had that luxury.  According to
https://sco.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Cruz, Senator Cruz is a Southern Baptist.

And "Lyin' Ted" is so 2016. I think you are trolling @corbe .

Yep, and the church Cruz attended is not that far from where I am right now.
Clay Road and Highway 6.
He talked about it in his book.