Author Topic: Trump calls Meghan Markle ‘nasty’ ahead of London visit  (Read 3497 times)

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Trump account mocked over pushback to Meghan Markle 'nasty' reports
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/446481-trump-campaign-mocked-for-trying-to-disprove-reports-that-trump

Man do I ever miss the presence and dignity of Ronald Reagan.  Wish someone would duct tape and wrap Trump's little fingers together so the tweeting would end forever. So embarrassing
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I know it won't  be a popular opinion here, but the whole British monarachy is worthless waste of UK taxpayer money.

Not our monkey. Not our circus.

Just say'n
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline skeeter

Mountain out of a molehill again.

But Trump needs to finally understand that when dealing with the children in the press he needs to stop taking their bait.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I wholeheartedly agree. The notion of royalty is repulsive. Markle is a liberal Hillary fan and of no interest to me.

@austingirl

All the crap we have to worry about in America,and you waste your time worrying about what the British do? It's their problem. If they don't like it,they can change it.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
Re: Trump calls Meghan Markle ‘nasty’ ahead of London visit
« Reply #54 on: June 01, 2019, 09:35:46 pm »

But Trump needs to finally understand that when dealing with the children in the press he needs to stop taking their bait.

As a TrumpRealist, I try to analyze his actions and words fairly.

I call this one:
- 90% on the media twisting his words to make them sound much worse than they actually were.
- 10% on Trump for not being a careful speaker.

He said: “I didn’t know that. What can I say? I didn’t know that she was nasty.”

By using this very clipped manner of speaking, he opens his words up for misinterpretation.

"I didn’t know that she was nasty." can be misinterpreted as meaning: "I didn’t know that she was a nasty skank." "I didn’t know that she was nasty like a skank." and so forth.

What I believe he was trying to say (and could have with a bit more effort) was: "I didn’t know that she said nasty things about me.” or, even more simply, "I didn’t know that she was being nasty.”

It is pretty clear to me that Trump intended to convey that Markle was being nasty (or more accurately, had been nasty in the past).
« Last Edit: June 01, 2019, 09:42:04 pm by EdJames »

Offline skeeter

« Reply #55 on: June 01, 2019, 09:41:35 pm »
As a TrumpRealist, I try to analyze his actions and words fairly.

I call this one:
- 90% on the media twisting his words to make them sound much worse than they actually were.
- 10% on Trump for not being a careful speaker.

He said: “I didn’t know that. What can I say? I didn’t know that she was nasty.”

By using this very clipped manner of speaking, he opens his words up for misinterpretation.

"I didn’t know that she was nasty." can be misinterpreted as meaning: "I didn’t know that she was a nasty skank." "I didn’t know that she was a nasty like a skank." and so forth.

What I believe he was trying to say (and could have with a bit more effort) was: "I didn’t know that she said nasty things about me.” or, even more simply, "I didn’t know that she was being nasty.”

It is pretty clear to me that Trump intended to convey that Markle was being nasty (or more accurately, had been nasty in the past).

You are spot on, this kind of crap is mostly due to a dishonest media. But Trump could make it harder for them.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #56 on: June 01, 2019, 09:44:09 pm »
Exactly, @skeeter , with this media being 100% focused on trying to find ways to use every word that he says against him, it would serve him better to just be a bit more careful.

Offline rustynail

Offline skeeter

Too late with the facts. Everybody got their shot in.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

The President's answers were very gracious.
:silly:

Offline Rivergirl

So now we are minding England's business and deciding whether or not they should support their Monarchy.
We are dong such a wonderful job of governing the US that we have time to dictate to other countries.

Arrogance and ignorance, the coin of the realm here in America.   How embarrassing.

Offline LegalAmerican

Who cares? As an American citizen, she's not supposed to have a title of nobility anyway, and as a divorced socialite, she wasn't supposed to be allowed to marry royalty.

Which begs the question; IS HARRY really Charles son?   If not. that is why it was allowed.  Maybe.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Which begs the question; IS HARRY really Charles son?   If not. that is why it was allowed.  Maybe.

@LegalAmerican

I personally don't give a Hillary what the Brits do with their nation. None of my business as long as it doesn't affect America. If it makes them happy to have a Royal Family,I am happy for them.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline LegalAmerican

Thank you!  Like I said,  a lie, out of context and it was before his 2016 campaign.  MEDIA ALWAYS LYING. 

President TRUMP..needs an apology from WRITERS.  MEDIA.

Offline LegalAmerican

Then media will say, he is HIDING SOMETHING...DOESN'T KNOW WHAT HE IS DOING...DOESN'T KNOW THE ANSWER. 

No way, he can come away clean with LEFT LYING MEDIA OR N.T.'S.   HELL IF HE DOES, HELL IF HE DOESN'T.

Does not matter, HOW he speaks, it will always be turned to the negative, when 99 % of his words are always a positive.

That N.T's STILL hate him, as if some personal issue, it is astounding to me.  They don't know him!  All they know is what LEFT , LYING MEDIA, HAS SAID FOR DECADES.  Putting him down, mocking him...SO MUCH JEALOUSY FOR THE TRUMP MAN.  MOSTLY MALES.  Every show he was on, Dan Rather, Dave Lettermen, Roseanne Barr, Jay Leno.  ALL WANT TO KNOW, how much something cost.  He doesn't want to say anymore.  In the beginning, he told them what THEY ASKED.  Then it was printed as HIM "BRAGGING" about it.  I have never seen a good man, like this so maligned. 

Offline LegalAmerican

Great timing Trump...I'm sure the Brits will welcome you with open arms now.... **nononono*

I know you are the owner, so I walk on egg shells. You didn't focus on the below, nor HOW/WHEN it was said. It was a response to HER NASTY COMMENT about him, FIRST.  It is always like that.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Trump, however, said “it’s nice” to have an American as part of the British royal family.

“I am sure she will do excellently,” he said. “She’ll be very good. She will be very good. I hope she does [succeed].”

Offline LegalAmerican

@LegalAmerican

I personally don't give a Hillary what the Brits do with their nation. None of my business as long as it doesn't affect America. If it makes them happy to have a Royal Family,I am happy for them.

I don't care either way either. I was responding to someone else, in that context...it makes sense.  See, always about context.
------------------
Quote from: jmyrlefuller on May 31, 2019, 09:32:33 PM

Who cares? As an American citizen, she's not supposed to have a title of nobility anyway, and as a divorced socialite, she wasn't supposed to be allowed to marry royalty.

LA.

Offline corbe

All this would have been avoided if Trump and @LegalAmerican would just learn two simple English words~ NO COMMENT.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline LegalAmerican

All this would have been avoided if Trump and @LegalAmerican would just learn two simple English words~ NO COMMENT.

NO,  DOES NOT MATTER.  LEFT, LYING MEDIA....WILL ALWAYS TWIST & LIE ABOUT HIS WORDS.

IF HE SAYS NO COMMENT...THEY WILL TWIST THAT, INTO  "SOMETHING"..  like you do.  I already know the game & how LEFTS, N.T.'s think.   :2popcorn:

Offline LegalAmerican

@ CORBE...see..Look at all the nice things he said. He didn't even KNOW..that she was nasty to him, during his campaign.
So, does not matter what he says, when he says it, how he says it..you N.T.'S will continue the hate to him & apparently to me.   NOT EVEN RATIONAL. I am a patriot supporting my president & country.  :patriot: :patriot: :patriot:

The HORROR!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

:mauslaff:

Offline corbe

@LegalAmerican   

Trump: There are a lot of people moving here (to the US) So what can I say? No, I didn't know she was nasty.  He should have left it there at What can I say? and if his egomaniacal self required more he should have said No COMMENT. 
   Why bring all this $hit into his State Visit, what does he gain? other than looking like a complete azz to the people he needs for re election. He knows what your price is and it's cheaper than murdering a guy on 5th avenue.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2019, 02:00:27 am by corbe »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

NO,  DOES NOT MATTER.  LEFT, LYING MEDIA....WILL ALWAYS TWIST & LIE ABOUT HIS WORDS.

IF HE SAYS NO COMMENT...THEY WILL TWIST THAT, INTO  "SOMETHING"..  like you do.  I already know the game & how LEFTS, N.T.'s think.   :2popcorn:
Clearly @corbe is frightened by your eloquence and effectiveness.  Never let him silence you. :patriot:

Offline corbe

It is I, @Once-Ler that is silenced more than I care to remember around here, usually right after I allow one of these Trumpers to wind me up.

It is I, @Once-Ler that is silenced more than I care to remember around here, usually right after I allow one of these Trumpers to wind me up.
Seriously?  I needed a sarcasm tag with my last post?  :D