Author Topic: US women’s soccer team slammed for ‘disgusting’ celebrations after every goal, disrespect to US flag  (Read 992 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
US women’s soccer team slammed for ‘disgusting’ celebrations after every goal, disrespect to US flag
June 12, 2019 | Vivek Saxena

excerpt:

During the team’s first match in the Women’s World Cup against Thailand on Tuesday, its female members behaved like complete jerks, to be put it mildly.

First, player Megan Rapinoe refused to sing the national anthem as its blared throughout the Stade Auguste-Delaune stadium in Reims, France. Why? To take a stand against alleged income inequality, alleged lack of criminal justice reform and the alleged oppression of gay people in America.

Known for taking a knee in 2016 in solidarity with disgraced former NFL quarterback Colin Kaepernick, Rapinoe is an openly gay anti-Trump zealot who thinks President Donald Trump is a  “sexist,” “misogynistic,” “small-minded,” “racist” and “not … good” person who’s destroying America.

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2019/06/12/us-womens-soccer-team-slammed-for-disgusting-celebrations-after-every-goal-disrespect-to-us-flag-764088
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

I feel no patriotic duty to support a team who tolerate members that publicly express contempt for the country they represent.

Being unsportsmanlike has become pretty commonplace here, though. Too bad.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 02:56:17 pm by skeeter »

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
I feel no patriotic duty to support a team who tolerate members that publicly express contempt for the country they represent.

Being unsportsmanlike has become pretty commonplace here, though. Too bad.
Respecting the country that one represents should be a requirement to represent it.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline goatprairie

Respecting the country that one represents should be a requirement to represent it.
:beer:  :patriot: :thumbsup:

Offline dfwgator

People don't know jack about Soccer:

Goal Differential is important in soccer in the Group Stage,  you can expect the other teams in the US Group to also beat up on Thailand and the number of goals matter. 

Also substitutions in soccer are limited, you just can't substitute a lot of players, and you should always try to have an available substitution in case the goalkeeper gets hurt.

Offline skeeter

Goal Differential is important in soccer in the Group Stage,  you can expect the other teams in the US Group to also beat up on Thailand and the number of goals matter. 

Also substitutions in soccer are limited, you just can't substitute a lot of players, and you should always try to have an available substitution in case the goalkeeper gets hurt.

I don't know jack about soccer, and am proud of it. But unless I'm reading the article wrongly the problem is not with the goals but the celebrations of each.

Online rustynail

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Girls will be girls.

Good girls go to heaven. Bad girls go everywhere.
Somebody told me so. So now I know.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline berdie

I get that, after talking to my brother who is a soccer player and fan.  I even get the celebrations.

But disrespect for the anthem? You are there to represent this country.  So do it. It ticks me off.

Offline dfwgator

I get that, after talking to my brother who is a soccer player and fan.  I even get the celebrations.

But disrespect for the anthem? You are there to represent this country.  So do it. It ticks me off.

I must confess that while I follow men's soccer, I really couldn't care less about this tournament.

Offline berdie

I must confess that while I follow men's soccer, I really couldn't care less about this tournament.

Well...I have a confession as well. I only watch the men's World Cup because there are some really cute, buff guys. :tongue2:

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Give me women's beach volleyball any day over the US Women's lesbian soccer team.

Volleyball is a hit in the sand.   
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.