Author Topic: Professor accused of ‘hostile learning environment’ for assigning male authors  (Read 763 times)

rangerrebew

Professor accused of ‘hostile learning environment’ for assigning male authors
Christian Schneider - Senior College Fix Reporter •May 31, 2019

‘Sexist’ business scholar reported to bias response team

A 22-year old female University of Utah student reported her business professor to campus administrators for, among other things, assigning too many historical texts written by influential male economists of the past.

“I understand the importance of studying the work of those before us and the importance of context,” wrote the student in a complaint to the university’s bias reporting system, where she labeled the professor’s transgressions “derogatory,” “degrading,” and “intimidating,” thereby causing a “hostile learning environment.”

The report also accused the professor of frequent sexist language, but the bulk of the complaint centered on his assigned readings for the business course.

https://www.thecollegefix.com/professor-accused-of-hostile-learning-environment-for-assigning-male-authors/

rangerrebew

Might as well throw out any Roman History while they're at it. :whistle:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I feel sorry for the student.  She has to live with all that angst and anger.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I feel sorry for the student.  She has to live with all that angst and anger.

@Sanguine

Cheer up! Chances are one day she will OD on her bile,and hang herself. With any luck at all she might even be able to gather some comrades (PLEASE note I did NOT write "friends") to join her in a mass suicide.

We all have dreams.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!