Author Topic: Robert Mueller's 'no questions' routine is absolute nonsense By Jonathan Turley  (Read 362 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Robert Mueller's 'no questions' routine is absolute nonsense
By Jonathan Turley, opinion contributor — 05/30/19 10:00 AM EDT

The very first and purportedly only press conference by special counsel Robert Mueller had the feeling of a Mount Sinai moment for Washington this week. Indeed, his message seemed to be the same as that of Moses, which is have faith and do not question. Mueller spoke some 1,200 words before virtually admonishing the press corps that “I hope and expect this to be the only time that I will speak to you in this manner.” After refusing to answer questions, he went back to the place from whence he came.

Last week, I wrote that it has become sacrilegious to question the motives or performance of Mueller. His press conference was the greatest test of such blind faith. Mueller announced that “the report is my testimony” and that he would not answer questions from Congress either, beyond what is already in his final report. From anyone else, such a statement would be denounced as arrogant, evasive, or both. However, many members of Congress and the media accepted it as the gospel according to Mueller.

The problem is that Mueller was uttering absolute nonsense about his inability to reach a conclusion. He likewise did not offer a principled basis for refusing to answer any questions. This includes obvious questions such as why he refused to comply with the request from his superiors to identify grand jury material, which delayed the release of his report. The disconnect in the coverage of his remarks was striking. Attorney General William Barr testified for hours on his role and has answered dozens of questions. He was promptly dismissed as evasive and even perjurious. Mueller declared he would tolerate no questions and declined to address any of the criticism of his work with very little objection from the media.

more
https://thehill.com/opinion/judiciary/446103-robert-mueller-no-questions-routine-is-absolute-nonsense
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Turns out Mueller is even less honorable than I thought. A real weasel, in fact.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Turns out Mueller is even less honorable than I thought. A real weasel, in fact.

Hard to believe, eh?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
He's "retired" now?
Does that mean he's gone?
Really gone...?

Hope we won't be hearin' no mo' from him !

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
He's "retired" now?
Really gone...?

Are you kidding me? He's just getting started.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
He gave the Dems all he could in the report.   He's not afraid to address their questions.  He lacks the spine to answer to Republicans.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline aligncare

He's "retired" now?
Really gone...?

At the very least he should suffer disbarment and a shameful exit from public life.

As for the rest of the cabal, nothing less than jailing will do.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
He gave the Dems all he could in the report.   He's not afraid to address their questions.  He lacks the spine to answer to Republicans.

That's my guess, too. 
I will NOT comply.