Author Topic: June 10th, United States will impose a 5% Tariff on all goods coming into the US from Mexico  (Read 6079 times)

Online roamer_1

I live in a German/American town, it's tough being a long haired hippy here, though I do shower regularly (facing away from the nozzle).

C'mon up to the mountains @corbe.
Let the hair and beard grow, wear some amount of leather and native accoutrements, mocs (not sandals), and stay away from all that granola-head crap. Wear a Bowie and/or a hatchet everywhere you go...

Eat venison and drink shine...
you'd fit right in.

You can bring a hippie chick with you. They are good for gardening. But not as good at it as a Salish gal.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
C'mon up to the mountains @corbe.
Let the hair and beard grow, wear some amount of leather and native accoutrements, mocs (not sandals), and stay away from all that granola-head crap. Wear a Bowie and/or a hatchet everywhere you go...

Eat venison and drink shine...
you'd fit right in.

You can bring a hippie chick with you. They are good for gardening. But not as good at it as a Salish gal.

Hippie chick?  We have something much better here.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Online roamer_1

Hippie chick?  We have something much better here.

Aw, you ain't telling me nothing, @Sanguine ... I have sung my praises of hilljillies all the way along... Salish gals included.

I was only trying to accommodate @corbe ... Though around here in female hill-stock, hippy chicks are definitely represented - though they tend to have become quite conservative over the years.

You'd do just fine here too - though if both your legs are the same length... I'd be just a minor disability when side-hillin.

:beer:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Aw, you ain't telling me nothing, @Sanguine ... I have sung my praises of hilljillies all the way along... Salish gals included.

I was only trying to accommodate @corbe ... Though around here in female hill-stock, hippy chicks are definitely represented - though they tend to have become quite conservative over the years.

You'd do just fine here too - though if both your legs are the same length... I'd be just a minor disability when side-hillin.

:beer:

My legs?  They seem to be the same length.  They do fine in our rolling hills.

:silly:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
A Capt Quint quote comes to my mind right now.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online roamer_1

My legs?  They seem to be the same length.  They do fine in our rolling hills.

:silly:

You just don't understand, darlin....
when we say 'up in the holler', we mean UP in the holler...

:tongue2:
 :silly: :beer:

Offline libertybele

Try doing a search on "mar a lago h1b visas" @IsailedawayfromFR .

Or this:

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/trump-properties-gave-144-jobs-american-article-1.3818600

OK, I call myself out on "undocumented workers", since the guest workers had H-2B visas.

You can call 'them' whatever you want.  At the end of the day, Trump himself admitted that he needed an additional workforce; then he qualified that statement with they had to be highly skilled.  For whatever his agenda is, he needs a larger work force.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

So your whole rabid point is that Trump acts solely to make enemies. 

rabid?

I do not think that word means what you think it means

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

the article says only 7 Americans applied for 144 job openings, and only one was qualified or wlliing to work for seasonal employment.

Hardly a 'won't hire Americans' mantra like you claimed.

What would you have them do to fill those positions if Americans do not even apply for temporary jobs?

So Trump is hiring immigrants to do the work Americans wont do?

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

rabid?

I do not think that word means what you think it means
I know exactly what it means and it pertains to the statement I made quite well, thank you.

What do you think it means anyway?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington