Author Topic: Axios: Pelosi believes impeachment is a “fool’s errand”  (Read 293 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Axios: Pelosi believes impeachment is a “fool’s errand”

Ed MorrisseyPosted at 12:01 pm on May 30, 2019

Maybe they’re just the fools to try it, though. Despite Robert Mueller’s poking and Donald Trump’s goading, Nancy Pelosi hasn’t changed her mind on impeachment. A “top ally” of the House Speaker told Axios that Pelosi considers it a “fool’s errand,” and that she won’t change her mind based on Mueller’s slightly extended remarks yesterday:

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, brushing off new comments by Robert Mueller and 2020 Democratic hopefuls, feels as strongly as ever that impeaching President Trump would be a “fool’s errand,” a top ally told Axios.

Why it matters: Pelosi remains defiant, despite growing calls from fellow Democrats to plunge quickly into impeachment. …

Between the lines: People who know Pelosi well tell Axios’ Jonathan Swan that she, perhaps uniquely in the Democratic Party, has the power to withstand the growing momentum towards impeachment.

And they believe there’s no way House Judiciary Chairman Jerry Nadler, whose committee would handle impeachment, would defy her wishes — even if the chorus gets even louder, as long as she put her foot down.

more
https://hotair.com/archives/2019/05/30/axios-pelosi-believes-impeachment-fools-errand/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
It’s OK, because the courts won’t allow it, anyway.       *****rollingeyes*****

Asked by a reporter if he thinks he'll be impeached by Congress, Trump replied, "I don't see how. They can because they're possibly allowed, although I can't imagine the courts allowing it."

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-appears-to-misunderstand-how-impeachment-works-2019-5
« Last Edit: May 30, 2019, 09:04:24 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
It’s OK, because the courts won’t allow it, anyway.       *****rollingeyes*****

Asked by a reporter if he thinks he'll be impeached by Congress, Trump replied, "I don't see how. They can because they're possibly allowed, although I can't imagine the courts allowing it."

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-appears-to-misunderstand-how-impeachment-works-2019-5

Damn it!!

That was cringe-worthy....  I was hoping that no one else heard that this morning!!

:thud:

Offline berdie

Sometimes it's just best to leave one's mouth shut and dig hole.