Author Topic: Trump: 'I was not informed about' reported request to move USS John McCain  (Read 3129 times)

Online corbe

Trump: 'I was not informed about' reported request to move USS John McCain

By Chris Mills Rodrigo - 05/29/19 09:32 PM EDT

President Trump said Wednesday that he was not informed about a reported White House request to the U.S. Navy to ensure a warship named for late Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) would be "out of sight" ahead of the president's visit to Japan.

"I was not informed about anything having to do with the Navy Ship USS John S. McCain during my recent visit to Japan," Trump tweeted.

"Nevertheless, @FLOTUS and I loved being with our great Military Men and Women - what a spectacular job they do!" he continued.

<..snip..>

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/446082-trump-i-was-not-informed-about-uss-john-mccain-request
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online corbe

I believe him /s
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
I hope it is fake because it is pitiful if true 

Offline dfwgator

Somebody noticed the McCain wasn't in Japan and tried to put two and two together, and hoping the suckers bought it.

Complete BS.

Online corbe

Of course, some of us #Nevers bought it @dfwgator

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

I believe him /s
I actually do believe him.  If Trump had commanded the name get covered it would have been the lead of his announcement.  "I want CNN  and the rest of the fake news to turn their cameras around and film that boat with the tarp covering the name..."

Offline ABX

I actually do believe him.  If Trump had commanded the name get covered it would have been the lead of his announcement.  "I want CNN  and the rest of the fake news to turn their cameras around and film that boat with the tarp covering the name..."

See that tarp, it is yuge....

I think if he was really that triggered by the name, he would have just ordered the ship's name changed.

See that tarp, it is yuge....

I think if he was really that triggered by the name, he would have just ordered the ship's name changed.
Can he do that?
and if yes let me say "Good job with the mature self control Mr President!" :patriot:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Navy Chief of Information
‏ Verified account  @chinfo 9h9 hours ago

The name of USS John S. McCain was not obscured during the POTUS visit to Yokosuka on Memorial Day. The Navy is proud of that ship, its crew, its namesake and its heritage.

7:09 PM - 29 May 2019

https://twitter.com/chinfo/status/1133918353490403329

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Apparently this vital, all-important, earth-shattering issue is the hill Nevertrumpers want to die on.

****slapping
The Republic is lost.

Offline ABX

Can he do that?
and if yes let me say "Good job with the mature self control Mr President!" :patriot:

He can order whatever he wants, doesn't mean people will follow it. Just pat him on th head, say OK, and walk away.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
The ship was commissioned in honor of his father and grandfather, anyway.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline jpsb

This is a complete BS story, the navy already said the story false. More fake news.

Oh an the ship is name after Senator McCain's father not the Senator.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2019, 01:21:38 pm by jpsb »

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
The ship was commissioned in honor of his father and grandfather, anyway.

If they were alive Trump would like them.  He likes people that weren't captured. /s
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Apparently this vital, all-important, earth-shattering issue is the hill Nevertrumpers want to die on.

****slapping

I don't think you understand NT's at all.  Impeachment is the hill I want to die on.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I don't think you understand NT's at all.  Impeachment is the hill I want to die on.
I'm with you my brother. I think all you f**kers should 'impeach' right now! Today!
Let's do it. LOL!

Impee foty fie!
Impee foty fie!

You and Mad Maxine. A good fit. Hand and a Glove.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2019, 04:36:45 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

I'm with you my brother. I think all you f**kers should 'impeach' right now! Today!
Thanx f**ker. wink777

Offline edpc

OK, but at this point, for what? I think it’s clear that Trump probably wanted to do some things that could’ve been considered obstruction, but he had people, like McGahn, unwilling to carry it out. I suspect he knew about the Trump Tower meeting and lied about it. He probably also discussed WikiLeaks releases with Stone. There’s no evidence of either and wanting to obstruct isn’t the same as doing it. None of that warrants impeachment, IMO.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2019, 04:55:21 pm by edpc »

Offline dfwgator

rrthree

OK, but at this point, for what? I think it’s clear that Trump probably wanted to do some things that could’ve been considered obstruction, but he had people, like McGahn, unwilling to carry it out. I suspect he knew about the Trump Tower meeting and lied about it. He probably also discussed WikiLeaks releases with Stone. There’s no evidence of either and wanting to obstruct isn’t the same as doing it. None of that warrants impeachment, IMO.

They want to impeach Trump for being a "Poopy Head."

rrthree

@edpc
The Senate won't convict, but I want lots of hearing before the 2020 elections.  I want to hear the words "impeachment investigation" every day until then.  I want to see President Trump flail and sputter on camera like the crazy loon he is.  I want this...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7e1Kf1Wbkg

It's a good reason.

Offline dfwgator

It's a good reason.

Figures you'd agree.

Offline edpc

Well, he is one, and it is no secret I don’t care for him at all. Nevertheless, the standard for impeachment should be something that would either necessitate his removal by the Senate or really cause them to explain themselves, as to why they refused.

Offline dfwgator

Well, he is one, and it is no secret I don’t care for him at all. Nevertheless, the standard for impeachment should be something that would either necessitate his removal by the Senate or really cause them to explain themselves, as to why they refused.

What politician these days isn't a 'Poopy Head'?