Author Topic: Top Environmentalist Confesses: Global Warming Was a HOAX All Along  (Read 1659 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Politics
Top Environmentalist Confesses: Global Warming Was a HOAX All Along
By
RRJ

This is a major bombshell.

And it won’t be widely reported by the mainstream media.

That’s because they are committed to a particular (read: subjective) narrative, and don’t want the American people hearing what one leading environmentalist says is the truth about so-called “climate change.”

Last week, Breitbart News Tonight spoke with Patrick Moore, co-founder of Greenpeace.

During the interview, Moore lambasted what called the cynical and corrupt machinations fueling the narrative of man-made “global warming.”

https://conservativepost.com/top-environmentalist-confesses-global-warming-was-a-hoax-all-along/
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
The money quote came when Moore told his interviewer:

It is the biggest lie since people thought the Earth was at the center of the universe. This is Galileo-type stuff. If you remember, Galileo discovered that the sun was at the center of the solar system and the Earth revolved around it. He was sentenced to death by the Catholic Church, and only because he recanted was he allowed to live in house arrest for the rest of his life.
So this was around the beginning of what we call the Enlightenment, when science became the way in which we gained knowledge instead of using superstition and instead of using invisible demons and whatever else, we started to understand that you have to have observation of actual events and then you have to repeat those observations over and over again, and that is basically the scientific method.

https://conservativepost.com/top-environmentalist-confesses-global-warming-was-a-hoax-all-along/

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
https://www.desmogblog.com/patrick-moore

Patrick Moore
Credentials

Honorary Doctorate of Science, North Carolina State University (2005). [1]
    Ph.D. in Ecology, Institute of Resource Ecology, University of British Columbia (1974). [1]
    Honors B.Sc. in Forest Biology, University of British Columbia. [1]

Background

Patrick Moore is a Canadian nuclear energy advocate and founder of Greenspirit Enterprises, a a PR company he started in 1991 that works “with many leading organizations in forestry, biotechnology, aquaculture and plastics, developing solutions in the areas of natural resources, biodiversity, energy and climate change.” [3]

Moore is often incorrectly referred to as a founder of Greenpeace. According to a statement by Greenpeace, “Patrick Moore frequently portrays himself as a founder or co-founder of Greenpeace, and many news outlets have repeated this characterization. Although Mr. Moore played a significant role in Greenpeace Canada for several years, he did not found Greenpeace.” [49], [4]

While Moore worked with Greenpeace Canada, and worked with Greenpeace International between 1981 and 1986, he broke away from Greenpeace after he concluded that “the environmental movement had abandoned science and logic in favor of emotion and sensationalism.” According to Greenpeace, “what Moore really saw was an opportunity for financial gain. Since then he has gone from defender of the planet to a paid representative of corporate polluters.” [2], [5]

After he left Greenpeace, Moore began work with the Nuclear Energy Institute front group, the Clean and Safe Energy Coalition (CASEnergy). Moore stepped down from his leadership role at CASEnergy in January 2013, however said he would remain an active member. [16], [38], [39],

Stance on Climate Change

Jun 12, 2018

In a debate including Michael Mann, Judith Curry, and David Titley, Moore said in response to a question: [82]

“I didn't say CO2 emissions were not affecting climate change. I said that it is an insignificant effect. CO2 is a greenhouse gas, but it is in the atmosphere at four one hundredths of a percent. How can we something in the atmosphere that is invisible, tasteless, odorless, colorless at 0.04% be the most powerful agent in the universe at this point in time? Obviously the climate changed dramatically throughout history with nothing to do with CO2.”

“As I have stated publicly on many occasions, there is no definitive scientific proof, through real-world observation, that carbon dioxide is responsible for any of the slight warming of the global climate that has occurred during the past 300 years, since the peak of the Little Ice Age,” Moore said at the 2015 annual lecture for the Global Warming Policy Foundation.[53]

February 25, 2014

“There is no scientific proof that human emissions of carbon dioxide (CO2) are the dominant cause of the minor warming of the Earth’s atmosphere over the past 100 years,” Moore declared in testimony before the U.S. Senate Environment & Public Works Committee. [84]

May 24, 2007

“We do not know if we are a small or large part of the present global warming. It is not possible through science to determine an exact answer to this question. Certainly the natural factors, and there are many, that have acted to change the climate many times through the history of the Earth, are still operating today. They have not gone away. But human emissions of CO2 is a new (natural) factor. So it is very unlikely that we are the only factor causing the present global warming but we may be one of the factors,” Moore said in an interview with EUWatch.  [9]

According to an article in the Honolulu Advertiser, “Moore contended that global warming and the melting of glaciers is positive because it creates more arable land and the use of forest products drives up demand for wood and spurs the planting of more trees. He added that any realistic plan to reduce reliance on fossil fuels and the emission of so-called greenhouse gases should include increased use of nuclear energy.” [10]

More at link.

Online libertybele

But, but, what about AOC's new Green Deal??   :rolling:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Axeslinger

More importantly.... where’s that putz @Dexter espousing the flawless awesomeness of client scientists
« Last Edit: May 30, 2019, 12:43:47 am by Axeslinger »
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
More importantly.... where’s that putz @Dexter espousing the flawless awesomeness of client scientists

He set himself on fire at the White House today. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

More importantly.... where’s that putz @Dexter
@Axeslinger
why do you have to do that?

Offline Axeslinger

@Once-Ler

Which part?  The part where I identify his shortcomings or the part where I ping him?

But I guess I’ll answer both.  I communicated my disdain because life’s too damn short to not speak your mind.  I’m a born free liberty loving American veteran and if a guy is a putz, I’m gonna tell hime he’s a putz.  And I pinged him because it’s the proper thing to do and I’m not gonna hide behind the skirt of “maybe he won’t see it”
« Last Edit: May 30, 2019, 02:44:39 am by Axeslinger »
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

@Once-Ler

Which part?  The part where I identify his shortcomings or the part where I ping him?

But I guess I’ll answer both.  I communicated my disdain because life’s too damn short to not speak your mind.  I’m a born free liberty loving American veteran and if a guy is a putz, I’m gonna tell hime he’s a putz.  And I pinged him because it’s the proper thing to do and I’m not gonna hide behind the skirt of “maybe he won’t see it”
@Axeslinger
OK.  Just want you to understand that calling out and insulting @Dexter unprovoked makes me less receptive to your message, and I know you are quite capable making a persuasive argument on many issues.  I'm guessing others, especially Dexter agree.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL

Greenpeace has publicly criticized Moore for being bought and paid for by energy corporations. Calling him a top environmentalist is extremely misleading at best. He's also not really saying anything new. Climate scientists the world over that are gathering the data and understand it better than anybody completely disagree with him.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2019, 06:31:01 am by Dexter »
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: Top Environmentalist Confesses: Global Warming Was a HOAX All Along
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2019, 01:29:00 pm »
The money quote came when Moore told his interviewer:

It is the biggest lie since people thought the Earth was at the center of the universe. This is Galileo-type stuff. If you remember, Galileo discovered that the sun was at the center of the solar system and the Earth revolved around it. He was sentenced to death by the Catholic Church, and only because he recanted was he allowed to live in house arrest for the rest of his life.
So this was around the beginning of what we call the Enlightenment, when science became the way in which we gained knowledge instead of using superstition and instead of using invisible demons and whatever else, we started to understand that you have to have observation of actual events and then you have to repeat those observations over and over again, and that is basically the scientific method.

Since you brought up the subject of money, Moore's Net Worth from his Greenpeace adventures is a cool $1.5 billion.

Algore used him as a mentor on how to bilk others to enrich himself by claiming we are destroying the world.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online LMAO

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2019, 01:35:27 pm »
Greenpeace has publicly criticized Moore for being bought and paid for by energy corporations.

Naturally they would. He’s a threat to their agenda.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2019, 01:37:56 pm »
Naturally they would. He’s a threat to their agenda existance.

Fixed it for you.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2019, 01:39:11 pm »
Greenpeace has publicly criticized Moore for being bought and paid for by energy corporations. Calling him a top environmentalist is extremely misleading at best. He's also not really saying anything new. Climate scientists the world over that are gathering the data and understand it better than anybody completely disagree with him.

@Dexter

So bought and paid for by the evil energy corporations is automatically BAD
But bought and paid for by government grant is automatically GOOD

Thanks for proving my point.

Offline Dexter

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2019, 03:51:49 pm »
Naturally they would. He’s a threat to their agenda.

Fair, but is it not misleading to call him a top environmentalist and act like this is some kind of bombshell? At this point in his life he is just a spokesperson giving an opinion that is already common among people that don't believe what the scientific community is saying about the climate. I highly doubt he's done any work relevant to climate science in decades. I guess what I'm trying to say in response to the article is "So what?"
« Last Edit: May 30, 2019, 03:57:10 pm by Dexter »
-Socrates

Offline Dexter

« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2019, 04:15:27 pm »
@Dexter

So bought and paid for by the evil energy corporations is automatically BAD
But bought and paid for by government grant is automatically GOOD

Thanks for proving my point.

My point was he's not actually a top environmentalist and his opinion on this is not bombshell news. This article is clearly designed to mislead people.
-Socrates

Online LMAO

« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2019, 05:21:54 pm »
Fair, but is it not misleading to call him a top environmentalist and act like this is some kind of bombshell? At this point in his life he is just a spokesperson giving an opinion that is already common among people that don't believe what the scientific community is saying about the climate. I highly doubt he's done any work relevant to climate science in decades. I guess what I'm trying to say in response to the article is "So what?"

This is not an issue that excites me and I’ll let the scientific community on both sides fight over this issue

But when it gets into the political arena and we get things like the GND, then that’s were I have a problem
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2019, 05:34:28 pm »

Question for you, @Dexter :   I don't disagree that there's a scientific consensus that the climate may be changing.  But have you seen credible evidence that American efforts to reduce CO2 emissions will reverse that change?   

It is one thing to track climate patterns,  and quite another to suggest we must trade our prosperity for reduced CO2 emissions.  It makes far more sense to me to continue on the path we're on  - that is, economic growth - and spend our money instead on ameliorating the impact of climate change,  if and when such impact should occur.   Better to build a prosperous economy with the capacity to ameliorate climate change,  than ruin the economy in a vain effort to reverse it.     
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Dexter

« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2019, 05:55:57 pm »
have you seen credible evidence that American efforts to reduce CO2 emissions will reverse that change?   

We don't really have a way of knowing for sure to what extent humanity is capable of mitigating the problem. It's possible that it'll all be in vain, or maybe humanity will surprise itself with its own ingenuity as it often does when things get complicated.

It is one thing to track climate patterns,  and quite another to suggest we must trade our prosperity for reduced CO2 emissions.  It makes far more sense to me to continue on the path we're on  - that is, economic growth - and spend our money instead on ameliorating the impact of climate change,  if and when such impact should occur.   Better to build a prosperous economy with the capacity to ameliorate climate change,  than ruin the economy in a vain effort to reverse it.   

I think there is a lot that can be done to advance green energy in a healthy way without damaging ourselves. I've said before that subsidizing inferior solar panels so they can "compete" is insanity. We need to be funding research that will give us better panels that can compete with fossil fuels without government subsidies. I think it's only a matter of time until getting energy from direct sunlight outpaces getting it from fossil fuels. Research and development!

AOC is an idealist that doesn't understand the issue and all of the challenges involved in overcoming that issue as well as she should for how much she runs her mouth about it. 
-Socrates

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2019, 06:03:43 pm »
He set himself on fire at the White House today.

Along with Geron and Invar?

Offline berdie

« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2019, 09:11:43 pm »
We don't really have a way of knowing for sure to what extent humanity is capable of mitigating the problem. It's possible that it'll all be in vain, or maybe humanity will surprise itself with its own ingenuity as it often does when things get complicated.

I think there is a lot that can be done to advance green energy in a healthy way without damaging ourselves. I've said before that subsidizing inferior solar panels so they can "compete" is insanity. We need to be funding research that will give us better panels that can compete with fossil fuels without government subsidies. I think it's only a matter of time until getting energy from direct sunlight outpaces getting it from fossil fuels. Research and development!

AOC is an idealist that doesn't understand the issue and all of the challenges involved in overcoming that issue as well as she should for how much she runs her mouth about it.

Dang, @Dexter ,  I agreed with about 90 per cent of your post.  So what do we do about the countries that aren't going to try?

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2019, 09:16:02 pm »
Yeah, let's keep talking about stopping "global warming" as it becomes clear that we are heading into what is likely going to be a major solar minimum period.

That would be par for the course for these dumbasses.

Offline verga

« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2019, 12:41:34 am »
My point was he's not actually a top environmentalist and his opinion on this is not bombshell news. This article is clearly designed to mislead people.
@Dexter Read his book "Confessions of a Greenpeace dropout" https://smile.amazon.com/Confessions-Greenpeace-Dropout-Sensible-Environmentalist-ebook/dp/B004X2I6ZM/ref=sr_1_2?crid=1V1K894L4P61I&keywords=patrick+moore+confessions+of+a+greenpeace+dropout&qid=1559263109&s=gateway&sprefix=Patrick+Moore%2Caps%2C203&sr=8-2
He has an Actual Ph.D. and makes logical points for all of his positions. He has been saying this for over 10 years now. He is no Johnny come lately.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2019, 02:09:18 am »
Along with Geron and Invar?

It was a Ménage à trois.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Dexter

« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2019, 02:46:23 am »
@Dexter Read his book "Confessions of a Greenpeace dropout" https://smile.amazon.com/Confessions-Greenpeace-Dropout-Sensible-Environmentalist-ebook/dp/B004X2I6ZM/ref=sr_1_2?crid=1V1K894L4P61I&keywords=patrick+moore+confessions+of+a+greenpeace+dropout&qid=1559263109&s=gateway&sprefix=Patrick+Moore%2Caps%2C203&sr=8-2
He has an Actual Ph.D. and makes logical points for all of his positions. He has been saying this for over 10 years now. He is no Johnny come lately.

He's an educated man with an opinion that deserves to be considered. This isn't breaking news or a bombshell though is my point. Like you say he's been saying this stuff for more than 10 years. Why is this article playing it up to be something it's not?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2019, 03:18:19 am by Dexter »
-Socrates