Author Topic: Biden unveils sweeping education plan  (Read 680 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden unveils sweeping education plan
« on: May 28, 2019, 10:59:25 pm »
By Tal Axelrod - 05/28/19 06:48 PM EDT

Joe Biden unveiled a sweeping education plan Tuesday during a town hall with the American Federation of Teachers (AFT), hoping to gin up support from a crucial union group.

Biden’s plan aims to boost pay for teachers, improve mental health care in schools, close gaps in education among various demographic groups and expand pre-kindergarten programs across the country.
ADVERTISEMENT

“As my wife Jill says, an educator’s profession isn’t just what they do, it is who they are,” the former vice president said. “They answer a call to service. They help our children learn and grow into successful adults. For so many young people, knowing they have a teacher believing in and fighting for them can make all the difference.”

“It’s past time we treat and compensate our educators as the professionals they are, and that we make a commitment that no child’s future will be determined by zip code, parents’ income, race, or disability.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/445847-biden-unveils-sweeping-education-plan
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
Re: Biden unveils sweeping education plan
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2019, 11:06:42 pm »

Slow Joe's Sweeping Education Plan

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2019, 11:17:28 pm »
Felicia Sonmez
‏Verified account @feliciasonmez

In a somewhat odd moment at tonight's AFT town hall, Biden tells a 10-year-old girl, “I’ll bet you’re as bright as you are good-looking." He takes her over to the assembled reporters, then stands behind her and puts his hands on her shoulders while he's talking.
6:48 PM - 28 May 2019
Pervy Joe won't stop until he's arrested.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2019, 11:54:40 pm »
The appropriate question to ask Joe is, "why didn't you do anything in the Obama Administration?"
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2019, 01:15:33 am »
Ah, Mr. James, you nailed it with that image!

Billions more down that black hole called public education!

Offline Absalom

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2019, 01:19:34 am »
So Joey is finally going to learn something?????
Praise the Lord and let's hope and pray!!!

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2019, 01:48:40 am »
Why didn't Sleepy Joe answer his call to service?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2019, 01:59:30 am »
The best plan I can think of is to eliminate the Department of Education, its 4,000 employees and $59 billion budget as it is a duplicate of what the states do.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2019, 02:46:30 am »
Biden is FOR education? 
A bold stance to stand above all other candidates.
Dazzling and sure to capture headlines for months.
/sarc

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2019, 05:28:34 am »
And as the former VP, democrat, long term Senator he is a front runner for public employee unions to support.

I heard of actual innovative policy in my county's Dept. of Education. Well, not really new; they did it over 50 years ago when I was in HS.

Community College credits, while in HS.

Of course to implement it, they need $$$ from the state gov, or the fed gov. Money. money.

Money for the government employee union members.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2019, 05:39:18 am »
The best plan I can think of is to eliminate the Department of Education, its 4,000 employees and $59 billion budget as it is a duplicate of what the states do.

That's what I'm talkin' about, Willis!     :beer:

Common Core needs to be axed.  Time to put time aside for prayer in the classroom.  A simple 60 second moment of dead silence with head bowed and eyes closed.  Let's start there.

Our children and grandchildren have been stolen by the Borg.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Applewood

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2019, 11:24:16 am »
When I saw "boost pay for teachers," I stopped reading right there.  How does increasing teacher pay improve education?  And aren't teacher salaries determined by the school districts in negotiation with the unions?  A poor school district like mine, where a large percentage of the population doesn't pay school taxes, can't afford to pay teachers the big bucks.

If anyone wants to improve public school education, first thing should be to get rid of the greedy, commie unions.  But of course, no politician wants to do that.  Unions and politicians have an incestuous relationship.  The unions determine who is elected to office.  Voters don't have a chance. 

Online mountaineer

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2019, 12:36:10 pm »
If anyone wants to improve public school education, first thing should be to get rid of the greedy, commie unions.  But of course, no politician wants to do that.  Unions and politicians have an incestuous relationship.  The unions determine who is elected to office.  Voters don't have a chance.
Thus:
Marxist Roots of the West Virginia Teachers’ Strike
S. Marshall Wilson
Posted: May 24, 2019

During the 2016 presidential election, West Virginia returned 68% of the vote for Donald Trump. That fact would seem to indicate that the state leans hard to the right; but for at least 105 years, a deeply rooted cadre has agitated to restructure West Virginia according to the Marxist dialectic. In spite of the strong Republican win in 2016, the movement remains actively engaged in that mission.

On February 22, 2018, the American Federation of Teachers (AFT) and the National Education Association (NEA) issued a call to the teachers of West Virginia to strike. Many rank-and-file teachers, both union and non-union, have stated that the reasons for the strike were low teacher pay and the fact that the Public Employees’ Insurance Agency (PEIA) lacked a “dedicated funding stream.” The complaint about low pay is valid and has been an issue for at least four decades, but since State Code requires taxpayers to subsidize PEIA premiums at 80%, the Legislature must fund PEIA to that standard each year regardless of the original source of the funds. In spite of the irrelevance of the funding source, organizers of the strike demanded and urged their members to demand precipitous increases in severance taxes on the nascent gas and recovering coal industries upon which the economic recovery of West Virginia heavily depends.  ...

The argument offered against charter schools was that it took critical funding from traditional public schools, but West Virginia is rated 14th in the US in per-pupil investment and 42nd in effectiveness. The funding-related issues in West Virginia Public Schools result not from a lack of funding provided by the taxpayers but rather from the management of those funds within the public education system.  ...
More at Townhall
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2019, 02:27:39 pm »
This sounds like a thinly-veiled scheme to hand out some nice big touchy-feely hugs...
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2019, 03:47:29 pm »
Ah, Mr. James, you nailed it with that image!

Billions more down that black hole called public education!