Author Topic: Christopher Steele won’t cooperate with John Durham review of Russia investigation  (Read 935 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Christopher Steele won’t cooperate with John Durham review of Russia investigation
by Jerry Dunleavy
 | May 28, 2019 05:13 PM

Christopher Steele, author of the dossier that played a key role in the Trump-Russia inquiry, will not assist Attorney General William Barr’s investigation of the investigators, according to a new report.

A source close to Orbis Business Intelligence, which is Steele’s investigative firm, told Reuters that the British ex-spy “would not cooperate” with nor answer questions from U.S. Attorney John Durham, whom Barr has tasked with reviewing the origins of the counterintelligence investigation into President Trump's presidential campaign and the way that the Justice Department and FBI conducted the inquiry.

This revelation comes days after Trump’s order stating Barr was given “full and complete authority to declassify information” and ordering the intelligence community “to quickly and fully cooperate with the Attorney General’s investigation into surveillance activities during the 2016 presidential election.” Barr said he picked Durham because he “was looking for someone who is tenacious, who is used to looking at sensitive material involving government activities, who has a reputation for being fair and evenhanded.”

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/christopher-steele-wont-cooperate-with-john-durham-review-of-russia-investigation
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Christopher Steele, the former British intelligence agent who compiled the hoax dossier alleging ties between President Donald Trump and Russia, refuses to cooperate with the Department of Justice’s investigation into the origins of the Obama administration’s spying on then-candidate Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign, according to Reuters.
A Reuters source close to Steele’s private investigation outfit, Orbis Business Intelligence, said the ex-spy has chosen not to answer questions from Connecticut’s U.S. Attorney John Durham, who was recently appointed by Attorney General William Barr to examine the probe’s origins. Reports of Steele’s unwillingness to cooperate with the Durham comes days after President Trump gave Barr authority to declassify intelligence materials related to the probe and ordered several law enforcement agencies, including the CIA and FBI to cooperate with the U.S. Attorney’s review.

In 2016, Steele was hired by the opposition research firm Fusion GPS tasked by attorneys for the Democratic National Committee and Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign to dig up dirt on President Trump. Steele’s dossier was partly used by the FBI to obtain a Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) warrant to surveil members of the Trump campaign, namely, onetime Trump campaign foreign policy advisor Carter Page. FBI officials did not disclose explicitly to the FISA court that the dossier was paid for by the DNC or the Clinton campaign. However, the bureau did indicate that the document was produced as opposition research.

In a recent interview with the Fox News Channel, Barr specified his department is examining if “government officials abused their power and put their thumb on the scale” at the beginning of the FBI’s counterintelligence operation into the Trump campaign. “I’ve been trying to get answers to the questions, and I’ve found that a lot of the answers have been inadequate, and some of the explanations I’ve gotten don’t hang together. In a sense, I have more questions today than when I first started,” the attorney general told anchor Bill Hemmer.
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/05/28/report-christopher-steele-refuses-to-cooperate-with-doj-investigation/
Refuse a congressional request to appear, one is rebuked.

Refuse a prosecutor's request, one is jailed.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 10:33:11 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Mod1

Merged two threads on same topic

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I can't imagine why he would cooperate.  Certainly not to his benefit.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Not sure if this maggot is in the USA or elsewhere, but if he is here, arrest his worthless carcass and drag him to be deposed.  And if he refuses to be deposed, lock him up until he does.  Forever if need be!

I can't imagine why he would cooperate.  Certainly not to his benefit.
Don't know why you say that.

If he cooperated in exchange for ratting out higher-ups who manipulated him to save jail time, would that not be to his benefit?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Don't know why you say that.

If he cooperated in exchange for ratting out higher-ups who manipulated him to save jail time, would that not be to his benefit?

Higher ups?  I thought he was working for himself.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 11:28:32 pm by Sanguine »

Do we really know?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Do we really know?

Apparently the checks went to his company.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Do we really know?

Screw Christopher Steele.  We're way past summons and cooperation.

This is a job for Robert McCall.  Or, at a minimum, Ethan Hunt.   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Seems there is indeed more than him involved.  Let's see where this goes.

Looks like Christopher Steele has cut a deal and will turn state's evidence on Russia Hoax prosecutions

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2019/06/looks_like_christopher_steele_has_cut_a_deal_and_will_turn_states_evidence_on_russia_hoax_prosecutions_.html

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Not sure if this maggot is in the USA or elsewhere, but if he is here, arrest his worthless carcass and drag him to be deposed.  And if he refuses to be deposed, lock him up until he does.  Forever if need be!

They say he lives in Farnham, Surrey. The town is 34.5 miles southwest of London
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Seems that Christopher Steele realizes that if he keeps silent, that he's going to be a victim of Arkancide in the end....a loose end.

So, he's going to monetize it by telling it all...with book and movie rights.   Then perhaps he can afford the same protection Hillary enjoys.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald