Author Topic: 5 lies of the Never Trump ‘right’  (Read 627 times)

Online corbe

5 lies of the Never Trump ‘right’
« on: May 28, 2019, 02:34:51 pm »
5 lies of the Never Trump ‘right’

Published 7 hours ago on May 28, 2019   

By Ray Fava
ï‚™   

1. The GOP is in worse shape than ever before

This is the myth of those who have not examined the history of a political party that has existed since before the American Civil War. These are high times for Conservatives, times where the Left’s advance under the Obama administration has been rolled back. There have been numerous victories for Conservatives not seen in my own lifetime. We have the most pro-life President in the abortion era. It would be foolish to argue that Trump is the downfall of the GOP but Bush 2 who gave us Roberts, who said that the free market failed, and expanded spending is acceptable. If you are going to be a self-proclaimed purist, then at least take inventory of the George W Bush administration.

The GOP today is not in its worst shape. It’s seen worse days. Teddy Roosevelt was an overt progressive. He was a Democrat by today’s standards, and a Democrat by yesterday’s standards. JFK is more Republican than Teddy Roosevelt. Herbert Hoover was a hardcore progressive who believed that the government should intervene in recessions. He held considerable sway in the GOP and drove the party into the ground for the entirety of the 1930s. Against FDR, the Republicans nominated FDR-lite, Alfred Landon. These were far worse times compared to today for the Republican Party. The GOP today is widely successful at a state level, winning multiple gubernatorial races in Iowa, Florida, and Ohio in 2018. The GOP has its faults but to say that as a whole the GOP is in shambles because of Trump is hyper focusing on the legislative achievements or lack thereof of President Trump, which cannot be blamed, in majority, on the executive branch, in my Constitutional understanding.

Truth: Congress is in worse shape than ever before.

2. Trump’s character disqualifies him

<..snip..>

https://noqreport.com/2019/05/28/5-lies-never-trump-right/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline roamer_1

Re: 5 lies of the Never Trump ‘right’
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2019, 02:48:56 pm »
These are high times for Conservatives

No. This is not Conservatism.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2019, 03:04:02 pm »
Never Trumpers abandoned the unborn, These clowns would have allowed the continuing slaughter of Christians in Iraq/Syria if Hillary had been elected.

Online corbe

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2019, 03:12:06 pm »
No. This is not Conservatism.

Correct @roamer_1 this is Trumpservative, big difference.  It's his party he can do what the hell he wants to do with it.  Thankfully the dems have picked a good time to continue their journey to hell, giving us REAL Conservatives some breathing room and little else.

Senate Conservatives Fund’s sellout to Trumpism is complete

by David Leach • May 28, 2019

Conservatives selling out to Trumpism is becoming so commonplace I am sometimes hesitant to bring it up. After a while, I fear my readers and listeners will simply tune me out for sounding like I have nothing new to contribute to the fight against the apathy and indifference in Washington concerning the terminal condition of liberty.

This fear has become more acute in the Age of Trump, where faux conservatives in Congress (House Freedom Caucus) and the media (BlazeTV) have embraced Trumpservatism as the new standard for the conservative movement.

<..snip..>

https://www.stridentconservative.com/senate-conservatives-funds-sellout-to-trumpism-is-complete/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2019, 03:17:16 pm »
Quote from: article
  It’s understandable how lack of Christianity can be a disqualifying factor, for Christians, but if so: how can you justify voting for Mitt Romney? Gary Johnson? It’s easy to hold such private test when quasi-Muslim pantheists like Barrack Obama or corrupt swamp monsters like Hillary Clinton are on the other side. But, being honest, we lower our standards for Republicans as it is.

I didn't vote for them is how... neither McCain.... and glad I didn't.... because you see how it gets used against you in the future.

Article is just a grasp to con voters that going the low road leads to the high road... Funny the opinion piece using voting for Mitt as a shame tool to vote for more of the same.... As much as I dislike Mitt, I don't think he had a problem straying from his wife. McCain either for that matter. Their love was/is power, Trump just loves whatever is shiny he can get (or buy/rent/trade-in).
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2019, 03:20:55 pm »
  Correct @roamer_1 this is Trumpservative, big difference.  It's his party he can do what the hell he wants to do with it.  Thankfully the dems have picked a good time to continue their journey to hell, giving us REAL Conservatives some breathing room and little else.

Senate Conservatives Fund’s sellout to Trumpism is complete

by David Leach • May 28, 2019

Conservatives selling out to Trumpism is becoming so commonplace I am sometimes hesitant to bring it up. After a while, I fear my readers and listeners will simply tune me out for sounding like I have nothing new to contribute to the fight against the apathy and indifference in Washington concerning the terminal condition of liberty.

This fear has become more acute in the Age of Trump, where faux conservatives in Congress (House Freedom Caucus) and the media (BlazeTV) have embraced Trumpservatism as the new standard for the conservative movement.

<..snip..>

https://www.stridentconservative.com/senate-conservatives-funds-sellout-to-trumpism-is-complete/

@corbe
That's right. Not a single Conservative principle is being defended - Not a single one.

'Trumpservatism' as a standard is laughable. The standard of no standards. The principle of being without principle.
And those that serve it will rue the day. Necessarily.

No damn different than liberalism.

Online corbe

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2019, 03:22:57 pm »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2019, 03:23:04 pm »
I didn't vote for them is how... neither McCain.... and glad I didn't.... because you see how it gets used against you in the future.

Right. Same here.

Article is just a grasp to con voters that going the low road leads to the high road... Funny the opinion piece using voting for Mitt as a shame tool to vote for more of the same.... As much as I dislike Mitt, I don't think he had a problem straying from his wife. McCain either for that matter. Their love was/is power, Trump just loves whatever is shiny he can get (or buy/rent/trade-in).

Yep
All that glitters is not gold.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2019, 03:29:34 pm »
1. The GOP is in worse shape than ever before.

Truth: Congress is in worse shape than ever before.

Me: no argument here.

2. Trump’s character disqualifies him.

Truth: The ending of Pulp Fiction seems to be an accurate comparison to Trump’s character. Trump is not a “good person” but he’s trying to be.

Me:  :rolling:  Spoken like a true believer. The character "question" was litigated during 2016, just as Bill Clinton's draft dodging was litigated in 1992.  There is no one currently serving in elected office in DC that has any claim to a higher character than Trump.

Trump trying to be a good person?   :rolling:  :rolling:

3. Trump voters were conned.

Truth: The only people conned were people with unrealistic expectations.

Me: Author would have been better served to define "realistic expectations." We've grappled with this issue dozens of time on TBR, and a most unsatisfying discussion it's been.

4. Republicans are better off replacing Trump in 2020.

Truth: Trump has the highest odds for Republicans in 2020

Me: Replace Trump with whom? He emasculated the field during 2016, starting with Jeb. Anyone who takes him on is writing his/her epitaph when it comes to future presidential aspirations. I would advise anyone aspiring to the White House to sit this one out, and wait for 2024.

5. The Republican Party will be better once Trump is gone.

Truth: Conservatives will continually have to fight tooth and nail for the soul of the GOP.

Me: Trite, but true. The "soul" of the GOP is found in the hands, call it death grip, of the Chamber of Commerce controlled members of Congress. They will still be in charge of the GOP when Trump departs, so nothing will change.

Apologies in advance if this duplicates other remarks. As I hit preview, I received a message that 5 new replies had been posted.   :beer:
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Online corbe

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2019, 03:30:29 pm »
All that glitters is not gold.

True @roamer_1 and sometimes all that glitters is full of $hit.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2019, 03:41:11 pm »

True @roamer_1 and sometimes all that glitters is full of $hit.

LOL! That's right.

:beer:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2019, 03:43:39 pm »
Weld for President!  He knows how to reach across aisles.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2019, 01:31:25 pm »
Never Trumpers abandoned the unborn, These clowns would have allowed the continuing slaughter of Christians in Iraq/Syria if Hillary had been elected.

Quit lying.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2019, 01:33:01 pm »
Truth: The only people conned were people with unrealistic expectations.

And who set those "unrealistic expectations"?  Gee I wonder.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2019, 01:35:43 pm »
Quit lying.

I don't respond to that <personal insult removed> anymore.  He proves Ron White right every day.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2019, 05:11:47 pm by Mod2 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2019, 01:38:29 pm »
I don't respond to that <personal insult removed> anymore.  He proves Ron White right every day.

Good point. 
« Last Edit: May 29, 2019, 05:12:07 pm by Mod2 »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2019, 02:32:41 pm »
 *look*
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2019, 12:37:34 am »
cyber wrote:
"Weld for President!  He knows how to reach across aisles."

Yup. Jes' like this guy:

Offline Absalom

« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2019, 03:49:03 am »
Where do posters find flunkies like Fava???
* The Republicrats first ran for office w/Fremont of California in 1856.
* They were the party of New England Merchants and
never had anything to do w/PRINCIPLED CONSERVATISM. EVER!!!
* Trump is no more a conservative than Jussie Smollett is.