Author Topic: Republican Rep. Adam Kinzinger Chastizes Trump For Chiding Biden & Praising A Dictator  (Read 1529 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Republican Rep. Adam Kinzinger Chastizes Trump For Chiding Biden & Praising A Dictator

Republican Congressman Adam Kinzinger of Illinois called out Donald Trump for attacking Vice President Joe Biden and praising North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un.
The Daily Mail says that Kinzinger, an Air Force veteran was particularly irked that Trump was speaking negatively about an American politician while overseas on Memorial Day Weekend. Kinzinger seemed gobsmacked that this was really happening.

“It’s Memorial Day Weekend and you’re taking a shot at Biden while praising a dictator. This is just plain wrong.”

The Illinois Rep. also retweeted Trump’s tweet which called the North Korean dictator “chairman” but simply called Vice President Biden, Joe. This isn’t the first time that Kinzinger made it clear he didn’t agree with Trump as he refused to back him in the last election stating that he is “an American before I am a Republican.”

https://news1.11ustudio.com/2019/05/27/republican-rep-adam-kinzinger-chastizes-trump-for-chiding-biden-praising-a-dictator/

Rep. Adam Kinzinger is Veteran and Conservative.

http://www.ontheissues.org/IL/Adam_Kinzinger.htm

I agree with him.  Trump would be better off keeping his mouth shut.  Because when he opens it stupid comes out. 

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Applewood

Uh-oh.  Another "enemy of the state" for Trump supporters. 

And yes, he's right.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Criticizing President Trump from within the GOP is getting more popular.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
As if Democrats don't routinely speak better of foreign leaders than they do the current President....

I have no issue at all with being disrespectful/condescending/insulting to Biden.  He doesn't deserve anything better, and Memorial Day has absolutely nothing to do with that.

Offline Applewood

As if Democrats don't routinely speak better of foreign leaders than they do the current President....

I have no issue at all with being disrespectful/condescending/insulting to Biden.  He doesn't deserve anything better, and Memorial Day has absolutely nothing to do with that.

But I've never heard any president -- Republican or Democrat -- praise enemies of the free world, while at the same ignoring the concerns of our allies and disrespecting them.  Japan has some real concerns about Kim.  The madman could at any time point his missiles at Japan and wipe that country off the face of the earth.  But Trump is saying, don't worry because he trusts Kim?  Really? 

And as for his insults of Biden -- they are at about the level of a 12-year old.   Childish.  Instead of spending his time and energy calling his potential opponent names, why is he not tackling some real grownup issues as a real president should? 

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

But I've never heard any president -- Republican or Democrat -- praise enemies of the free world, while at the same ignoring the concerns of our allies and disrespecting them.  Japan has some real concerns about Kim.  The madman could at any time point his missiles at Japan and wipe that country off the face of the earth.  But Trump is saying, don't worry because he trusts Kim?  Really?

We have absolutely no idea what he says about Kim behind closed doors to the Japanese.  What he is saying now publicly about Kim is part of a negotiating posture because we want something from Kim, who is incredibly thin-skinned and emotional.  It costs us absolutely nothing to say nice things about him in public while trying to negotiate a deal that is good for the U.S..  I've sat there and told a plaintiff who I thought was a whiny loser that "I understood why you feel the way you do...blah blah blah" and similar B.S. I did not believe for a moment simply to try to get a signature on a deal.  Pointless antagonism accomplishes nothing when the goal is to get a deal.

And as for his insults of Biden -- they are at about the level of a 12-year old.   Childish.  Instead of spending his time and energy calling his potential opponent names, why is he not tackling some real grownup issues as a real president should?

Exactly how much time and energy do you think it took Trump to type out that tweet, and exactly what else of substance do you expect he could have accomplished in that blink of an eye instead?

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Otto Warmbeir was unavailable for comment.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
We have absolutely no idea what he says about Kim behind closed doors to the Japanese.  What he is saying now publicly about Kim is part of a negotiating posture because we want something from Kim, who is incredibly thin-skinned and emotional.  It costs us absolutely nothing to say nice things about him in public while trying to negotiate a deal that is good for the U.S..  I've sat there and told a plaintiff who I thought was a whiny loser that "I understood why you feel the way you do...blah blah blah" and similar B.S. I did not believe for a moment simply to try to get a signature on a deal.  Pointless antagonism accomplishes nothing when the goal is to get a deal.

Exactly how much time and energy do you think it took Trump to type out that tweet, and exactly what else of substance do you expect he could have accomplished in that blink of an eye instead?

I totally agree. The alternatives here are war, maybe NK putting some nuke material on a warhead. I'd be more concerned with the Presidents who allowed if not enabled NK's nuclear program to get this far. They kicked the can down the road, now, others have to try to fix the problem.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

I'd be more concerned with the Presidents who allowed if not enabled NK's nuclear program to get this far. They kicked the can down the road, now, others have to try to fix the problem.

Exactly.  I'm simply amazed by the focus on Trump's tone, when the reality is that he is attempting to solve nuclear issues in North Korea and Iran that prior Presidents completely screwed up.  But of course, his predecessors always said the right things publicly, so the substance of what they did didn't really matter.  Much more important to sound diplomatic, and to follow the traditional diplomatic forms.  That way, nobody can really blame you when you fail because you can simply point to the fact that what you said was perfectly within accepted norms.

And to reiterate the point about Biden...I have absolutely zero problem with whatever Trump wants to say about any of them.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 05:38:42 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
Criticizing President Trump from within the GOP is getting more popular.

It's the only way to get positive attention these days. If you want to sit with the cool kids, you have to pay for the privilege.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The Daily Mail says that Kinzinger, an Air Force veteran was particularly irked that Trump was speaking negatively about an American politician while overseas on Memorial Day Weekend. Kinzinger seemed gobsmacked that this was really happening.

Did the good Congressman have trouble when the Rats went into overdrive criticizing Trump when he was out of the country?  That he was "gobsmacked" tells me he's developmentally challenged.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
Rep. Adam Kinzinger is Veteran and Conservative.

Whoever wrote this article must be an ESL student somewhere.

He's "Conservative" is he?

Not so fast...

https://www.conservativereview.com/scorecard/adam-kinzinger/

This chump has been wrong on every issue since he got elected and started running his mouth...

And what is his problem with this in terms of Memorial Day Weekend?  Did Biden die fighting a war that I didn't hear about?

Offline Applewood

@Maj. Bill Martin

...What he is saying now publicly about Kim is part of a negotiating posture ...

You really believe that?  Just what has his "negotiating posture" accomplished, other than Kim continuing with his nukes and laughing at Trump's stupidity the whole time?

No, it's not a "negotiating tactic."  Trump loves these dictators and wishes he could be just like them.  Why do you think he talks so much about curbing freedom of the press and freedom of speech?  He likes the way Kim, Putin and other have absolute power. 

It's not just one tweet.  It's all the others he has sent about Biden and everyone else he doesn't like.  They are stupid, ignorant, childish and accomplish nothing except to tell his fans which people to hate.  Meanwhile, we still have Obamacare, we still have a massive invasion of illegals and alleged "refugees," tax reform was nothing more than a tax tweak that benefitted few and for some, resulted in a tax increase, etc. etc.  He had a golden opportunity when Republicans controlled both houses of congress and the presidency and on nearly all of his promises, he accomplished squat.  And don't tell me it's the Republicans' fault or the Democrats' fault or the fault of whoever the scapegoat du jour is today.  As president, Trump could have accomplished a helluva lot more if he stopped wasting his time on Twitter, going on his rock star tours, watching tv and all the other stupid [bleep] he has done the whole time he has been president. 

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Biden is un-American.  I know some of us would like to think otherwise.  "He's got some problems, but he's our un-American" or something like that. 

It was a stupid tweet from Trump, and I would rather that he would never have done that, but it's awfully hard to defend Biden in any respect.

Offline mountaineer

It was another in a long line of unnecessary tweets from the president, but I didn't read it as praising Li'l Kim.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
It was another in a long line of unnecessary tweets from the president, but I didn't read it as praising Li'l Kim.

Sounded to me like the kind of thing Never Trumpers (it's bi-partisan) like to "trump" up.   
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

@Maj. Bill Martin

You really believe that?  Just what has his "negotiating posture" accomplished, other than Kim continuing with his nukes and laughing at Trump's stupidity the whole time?

1) Yes, I really believe that,  2) It is an ongoing negotiation so it is not yet over one way or the other, and the NK's have eliminated flight tests of long-distance missiles since Trump started.

Trump loves these dictators and wishes he could be just like them.

Thanks for letting me know there is no point trying to have a decent discussion with you on this.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
People speak their mind, that's America. I read Kinzinger's wiki bio, not bad.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Kinzinger
"In 2006, the Wisconsin Red Cross named Kinzinger "Hero of the Year" for wrestling a knife-wielding man to the ground and disarming him. The man had cut the throat of a woman on a street in downtown Milwaukee, Wisconsin.[42] Recalling the event in an interview, Kinzinger said "The whole time it was, to me, kind of a done deal that I was going to get stabbed in the process, but I knew that this wasn't something I could wake up to ... everyday with that memory that I watched her die."[43] The woman survived. For this act Kinzinger also received the United States Air Force Airman's Medal and the National Guard's Valley Forge Cross for Heroism.[44]"

Read that!

35% Conservative Review rating which is pretty bad. Orrin Hatch, others got those kinds of marks too. Not sure about Mitt so far.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 07:38:47 pm by TomSea »

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Sounded to me like the kind of thing Never Trumpers (it's bi-partisan) like to "trump" up.

Those same people like to watch The View on ABC.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
People speak their mind, that's America. I read Kinzinger's wiki bio, not bad.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Kinzinger
"In 2006, the Wisconsin Red Cross named Kinzinger "Hero of the Year" for wrestling a knife-wielding man to the ground and disarming him. The man had cut the throat of a woman on a street in downtown Milwaukee, Wisconsin.[42] Recalling the event in an interview, Kinzinger said "The whole time it was, to me, kind of a done deal that I was going to get stabbed in the process, but I knew that this wasn't something I could wake up to ... everyday with that memory that I watched her die."[43] The woman survived. For this act Kinzinger also received the United States Air Force Airman's Medal and the National Guard's Valley Forge Cross for Heroism.[44]"

Read that!

35% Conservative Review rating which is pretty bad. Orrin Hatch, others got those kinds of marks too. Not sure about Mitt so far.

Whateverr percentage you want to give him he is Conservative in my book.  I have looked at his on the record and couldn't find anything I don't agree with.   He's a Veteran who served his country.  I think he has a right to say Presidents should not be entertaining any dictators opinion on our government or politicians.  It isn't Kims business.  I don't like Biden, but he's a saint compared to Kim.  If Trump wants to check out what has been done in NK by his family he would know that Kim Jun Ung doesn't have any right to criticize anyone.  Talking about Americans to dictators like that should be off limits.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 11:57:49 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Whateverr percentage you want to give him he is Conservative in my book.  I have looked at his on the record and couldn't find anything I don't agree with.   He's a Veteran who served his country.  I think he has a right to say Presidents should not be entertaining any dictators opinion on our government or politicians.  It isn't Kims business.  I don't like Biden, but he's a saint compared to Kim.  If Trump wants to check out what has been done in NK by his family he would know that Kim Jun Ung doesn't have any right to criticize anyone.  Talking about Americans to dictators like that should be off limits.

His record is anything but conservative:

Latest

Tough on Crime? Trump lurching to the Left on crime will not win re-election
    No Access President Trump needs to pull John Brennan’s security clearance immediately
    Abortion politics Justice Thomas explains the horrible historic connection between abortion and eugenics
    BORDER CRISIS The border invasion will cause a wave of crime we’ve never seen before
    No Modernism French Senate votes to keep Notre Dame cathedral as it was before the fire

No Access President Trump needs to pull John Brennan’s security clearance immediately
    Abortion politics Justice Thomas explains the horrible historic connection between abortion and eugenics
    BORDER CRISIS The border invasion will cause a wave of crime we’ve never seen before
    No Modernism French Senate votes to keep Notre Dame cathedral as it was before the fire

Adam Kinzinger

Rep.
Adam Kinzinger

(IL)-R
      | In Office Since 2011

Liberty Score®
F
29%
Highcharts.com
Conservative:
29.0%
Liberal:
71.0%
Conservative Votes    14
Liberal Votes    35
Missed Votes    1
Liberty Score®    29%
Records as of: 05-28-2019
  Download PDF
Liberty Score®

Conservative Review’s Liberty Score® grades members of Congress on the top 50 votes over a rolling six-year term. A letter grade is assigned to each member to help you quickly determine whether a lawmaker is supporting conservative principles. The Liberty Score® helps evaluate your representatives and senators, providing the tools necessary to separate rhetoric from reality. We don’t expect any elected officials to be perfect, but we do expect them to keep promises.
Liberty Score Votes
Date of Vote    Vote    CR Position    Member Vote
04/04/2019    Reauthorize Violence Against Women Act with gun control and transgender add-ons       
03/08/2019    Pass an unconstitutional bill that will encourage voter fraud       
02/27/2019    Mandate universal background checks for gun purchases       
02/15/2019    Surrender on the border wall; empower drug cartels and human traffickers       -
01/11/2019    Reduce accountability in Congress by making federal pay mandatory spending       
12/20/2018    Release dangerous criminals from federal prisons       
12/12/2018    Squash debate on US involvement in a foreign war       
12/12/2018    Pass a $900 billion farm bill with socialist policies       
11/28/2018    Pass a bill that will lead to continued nation-building       
09/26/2018    Pass a promise-breaking cromnibus before the election       
07/25/2018    Extend a broken and almost-insolvent flood insurance program       
06/27/2018    Pass amnesty with citizenship for 1.8 million illegal immigrants       
03/22/2018    Advance a massive $1.3 trillion omnibus that funds Democrat priorities       
03/22/2018    Pass a massive $1.3 trillion omnibus that funds Democrat priorities       
02/09/2018    Vote Alert: Massive Spending, Debt Ceiling Raise, and Democrat Priorities Funded       
01/11/2018    Vote Alert: Stop Unconstitutional Abuse of Americans’ Privacy       
12/21/2017    Increase Spending by $81 Billion       
12/20/2017    Tax Cut for America       
10/12/2017    Bailout Flood Insurance Program & Spend $36.5B       
10/03/2017    Ban Abortions After 20 Weeks (Point of Pain)       
09/08/2017    Cut $10 Million from the EPA       
09/08/2017    The Pelosi-Schumer-Trump debt limit deal       
09/07/2017    Stop Subsidizing Airline Tickets       
07/13/2017    Stop Government-Funded Sex Changes in the Military       
06/29/2017    Defund Sanctuary Cities       
06/29/2017    Pass Kate's Law       
06/13/2017    Make the Department of Veterans Affairs Accountable       
06/08/2017    Support the Financial CHOICE Act       
05/03/2017    $1.1 Trillion Spending Bill for Democrat Priorties       
01/06/2017    Restore Congress' ability to stop burdensome regulations       
12/06/2016    Block Impeachment of IRS Commissioner       
09/29/2016    Fund Obama Priorities and Give Planned Parenthood a Raise       
06/09/2016    Support Bailing Out Puerto Rico       
05/19/2016    Support Obama Transgender Agenda       
12/18/2015    $1.1 Trillion Budget Busting Spending Bill       
12/03/2015    Expand Federal Control of Education       
12/03/2015    1,300 Page $305 billion Highway Bailout Bill       
10/28/2015    Raise Debt by $1.5 Trillion and Increase Spending       
09/30/2015    Fund Planned Parenthood and President Obama's Priorities       
07/28/2015    REINs Act       
06/18/2015    Obamatrade -- Fast Track Authority for TPP       
03/26/2015    $500 Billion Healthcare Bill       
03/03/2015    Kill Funding for Obama's Executive Amnesty       
01/09/2015    Approve the Keystone XL Pipeline       
01/06/2015    Remove John Boehner from Speaker of the House       
12/11/2014    $1.1 Trillion Spending Bill that Funds Executive Amnesty       
09/17/2014    Extend Ex-Im and set up Lame Duck       
08/01/2014    Freeze Obama DACA Program       
04/10/2014    RSC Back to Basics Budget       
02/11/2014    Suspend the Debt Limit       

The graphics didn't come across.  But, if you go to https://www.conservativereview.com/scorecard/adam-kinzinger/ you can see why he has an abysmal conservative rating.  He's not a conservative, even if he dislikes Trump.

Offline Night Hides Not

Biden is un-American.  I know some of us would like to think otherwise.  "He's got some problems, but he's our un-American" or something like that. 

It was a stupid tweet from Trump, and I would rather that he would never have done that, but it's awfully hard to defend Biden in any respect.

Reminds me of the age old dilemma, "you're in a boat on a river of urine and feces, and a bucket of pus is thrown at you. Should you jump?"

You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline corbe

Picture yourself in a Boat on a River ~ Lennon (John)
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist

Picture yourself in a Boat on a River ~ Lennon (John)

That must be why you spend so much time on that river by your house....

wink777

Offline corbe

I always have Live Bait.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.