Author Topic: Trump’s ATF Pick: ‘I Take A Back Seat To No One In My Reverence For The 2nd Amendment’  (Read 383 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Daily Caller by Whitney Tipton 5/27/2019

President Donald Trump announced Friday plans to nominate Fraternal Order of Police President Chuck Canterbury to head the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.

Canterbury has been Fraternity Order of Police (FOP) president for 16 years, having previously spent 26 years in the Horry County, South Carolina, Police Department’s patrol, criminal and training divisions, according to the White House statement.

“Chuck is one of the most honorable people I’ve ever worked with and if he is selected, I can’t think of a finer person to take the position,” said Jonathan Thompson, executive director of the National Sheriffs’ Association. Thompson made the remarks to POLITICO in Nov. 2018, when Canterbury’s name was first floated for the position.

More: https://dailycaller.com/2019/05/27/trump-atf-pick-chuck-canterbury/

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Canterbury has been vocal in his Second Amendment support, testifying July 2009 before the Senate Judiciary Committee in support of the nomination of Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor, who had worked closely with police as a Manhattan prosecutor early in her career:

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
http://www.informationliberation.com/?id=60258

In his official capacity as President of the National Fraternal Order of Police, Canterbury has:

*** Supported radical anti-gun Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor.

*** Supported former Attorney General Eric Holder -- Obama’s head honcho who ran the deadly Fast and Furious gun running program.

*** Supported expanding the federal government’s gun registration schemes.

Even more troubling, Canterbury’s FOP is currently lobbying AGAINST Constitutional Carry, even though the vast majority of law enforcement officers support the right to carry.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
First An Anti-Gun AG, Now An Anti-Gun ATF Director? – Set Up For Full Blown Gun Confiscation?

https://sonsoflibertymedia.com/first-an-anti-gun-ag-now-an-anti-gun-atf-director-set-up-for-full-blown-gun-confiscation/

I have written previously that people should keep their eyes on what they perceive as a pro-Second Amendment president and his administration, especially after claiming to drain the swamp while filling his cabinet and advisors with swamp creatures.  When it comes to guns and the rights of gun owners, we’ve also seen the current administration call for unconstitutional red flag laws, and illegally and unconstitutionally ban bump stocks ex post facto, causing business owners to lose thousands of dollars and individuals to be considered criminals.  First, there was the nomination and confirmation of pro-gun confiscator William Barr to the attorney general position.  Now, President Trump is moving those chess pieces into place with a pro-gun confiscating nomination as the director of the unconstitutional agency known as the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF).  Is America being deceived and is full blown gun confiscation just right around the corner?