Author Topic: HPD Chief Acevedo blasts bill allowing unlicensed Texans to carry handguns in public after disasters  (Read 645 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Houston Chronicle by Robert Eckhart 5/27/2019

Houston Police Chief Art Acevedo on Monday blasted a bill that would allow people without a handgun license to carry pistols in public — openly or concealed — for a week after a disaster is declared.

“We experienced one of the worst disasters in Texas history during Harvey,” Acevedo wrote. “This bill wasn’t needed then and isn’t needed now. This will embolden 20,000+ gang members & will not help LE [law enforcement]. Let’s hope it isn’t signed.”

We experienced one of the worst disasters in Texas history during Harvey. The World watched as we all came together. This bill wasn’t needed then & isn’t needed now. This will embolden 20,000+ gang members & will not help LE. Let’s hope it isn’t signed,

More: https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/politics/texas/article/HPD-Chief-Acevedo-blasts-bill-allowing-unlicensed-13899242.php

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Art Acevedo is nothing more than a political activist posing as a police chief.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline WilliamVA

Since when do the "20,000" gang members need a law to tell them they
can carry a gun?   Pillagers and looters will carry, what the law gives is the
home owner the right to defend his property. 

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Art Acevedo is nothing more than a political activist posing as a police chief.

He is a piece of work.  Wait till A school in Harris Co gets shot up and a teacher with a gun puts a killer down.   
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Since when do the "20,000" gang members need a law to tell them they
can carry a gun?   Pillagers and looters will carry, what the law gives is the
home owner the right to defend his property.
A very good point.  Any law will restrict the law-abiding and allow more freedom for those who cause harm to them.

Acevedo is one and the same who cannot control his own police force as this episode happened under his watch, so he has no credibility.
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,349531.msg1903105.html#msg1903105

And welcome to TBR. @WilliamVA
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington