Author Topic: Democratic groups gear up to use abortion rights as attack on GOP in 2020  (Read 931 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Democratic groups gear up to use abortion rights as attack on GOP in 2020
By Julia Manchester - 05/26/19 04:29 PM EDT

Democrats are gearing up to use abortion rights as an attack against Republicans in 2020, seeking to paint the party as too extreme after the passage of sweeping laws restricting the procedure by GOP legislatures across the country.

Presidential contenders, including Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-N.Y.), are already taking the issue head-on, most recently joining the Democrats’ condemnation of a comprehensive abortion ban signed into law in Alabama that bans the procedure in almost all circumstances, including rape and incest.

Democratic groups are mobilizing as well, hoping to put the abortion debate front and center in state and local races in 2020 as they look to put Republicans on the defensive at a time when the GOP lost the House last year, in large part by losing suburban female voters.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/445110-democratic-groups-gear-up-to-abortion-rights-as-attack-on-gop-in-2020
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Go ahead...things have changed since the 70's.

The GOP needs to campaign on how Dems are the Party of Infanticide killing babies after they are born.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

The GOP needs to campaign on how Dems are the Party of Infanticide killing babies after they are born.

I tend to agree. It feels like a losing horse in when you trying and portray youself as the party of science, yet deny science.
The Republic is lost.

Offline bilo

:amen:

Just talked about this the other day with a leftist. She thinks a woman should be able to have an abortion any time without restriction. I asked what medical emergency exists in the third trimester that requires an abortion. She responded with all the typical arguments, cancer, heart disease, etc. My response was why not have a c-section. It's not ideal, but babies do survive after 26 weeks. My point was our focus is backwards. We only talk about the woman's desires, but we never focus on how to save the most innocent.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Online Right_in_Virginia

Just talked about this the other day with a leftist. She thinks a woman should be able to have an abortion any time without restriction. I asked what medical emergency exists in the third trimester that requires an abortion. She responded with all the typical arguments, cancer, heart disease, etc. My response was why not have a c-section. It's not ideal, but babies do survive after 26 weeks. My point was our focus is backwards. We only talk about the woman's desires, but we never focus on how to save the most innocent.

You raise an important point here @bilo   Republicans should be asking why kill a baby in the third trimester (7-9 months) when a C-section could save it.

Offline bilo

You raise an important point here @bilo   Republicans should be asking why kill a baby in the third trimester (7-9 months) when a C-section could save it.

Thanks

Our thinking has been manipulated by the leftists. All the discussion is about the woman and nothing is said about the unborn child.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

The GOP has to be careful and not come across as self-righteous scolds and nags, which is how the left likes to portray us. 

Online Right_in_Virginia

The GOP has to be careful and not come across as self-righteous scolds and nags, which is how the left likes to portray us.

I agree with this 100%. 

But I think the question is a fair one .... why not choose life and adoption for the baby in the third trimester ..... can't we find common ground on this?

Put them on the defensive starting with late term. third trimester "abortions".  Shift the narrative.  But I agree, it can't be preaching.  It has to be closer to imploring.

Offline bilo

I agree with this 100%. 

But I think the question is a fair one .... why not choose life and adoption for the baby in the third trimester ..... can't we find common ground on this?

Put them on the defensive starting with late term. third trimester "abortions".  Shift the narrative.  But I agree, it can't be preaching.  It has to be closer to imploring.

I think public opinion is mostly on the Pro-Life side, especially when we emphasize the humanity of the unborn.

Bill Cipher

Reaping what you sow. 

Online Right_in_Virginia

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I think touting infanticide  (and by extension Euthanasia) is a losing proposition.  Rats who only watch CNN and PMSNBC are fooling themselves into think this is the ticket to victory.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline bilo

I think touting infanticide  (and by extension Euthanasia) is a losing proposition.  Rats who only watch CNN and PMSNBC are fooling themselves into think this is the ticket to victory.

You're right, but most Pubs are gutless. When Rats promote 3rd term abortions and infanticide Pubs should be asking are seniors next when they are too expensive for "medicare for all"? Where does this inhumanity end?