Author Topic: Trump invokes emergency powers to sidestep Congress and sell arms to Saudi Arabia  (Read 1264 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
As a reminder, Saudi Arabia quite often arms terrorist groups with the arms we supply them.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/02/saudi-arabia-uae-gave-weapons-al-qaeda-linked-groups-cnn-190205055102300.html

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-02-05/cnn-finally-discovers-where-all-those-us-saudi-coalition-weapons-end

https://www.c-span.org/video/?c4778185/ksauae-arming-al-qaeda

https://www.salon.com/2016/10/11/leaked-hillary-clinton-emails-show-u-s-allies-saudi-arabia-and-qatar-supported-isis/

Kushner friendliness with the Crown Prince has been concerning to me this entire time.  I asked about Saudi Arabia driving US to engage in war because I saw an article about it.  Saudi Arabian news has called for Surgical strikes by America

https://www.forbes.com/sites/zakdoffman/2019/05/16/saudi-arabian-state-media-urges-u-s-to-hit-iran-hard-with-punitive-airstrikes/#69009be69484

All of these players are driven by the Islamic religion and prophesy.  And all of this is driven by years of religious tension between the different sects of Islam.  Islam has end time prophesy also.   We should not get involved.  We should have learned from Iraq.  If they want to fight a religious war let them.  Furthermore if this turns into all out war we can kiss oil supply goodby because those will be the first things targetted.

« Last Edit: May 25, 2019, 06:46:10 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Last Edit: May 25, 2019, 07:37:18 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
I lean towards us NOT selling these weapons to Saudi Arabia.

There was a thread on this yesterday,  here it is:

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,362834.msg1977953.html#msg1977953

Anyway, Obama sold them arms, I think Canada and the UK currently sell them arms. Unless the President has information that we all don't,  I"m against selling this but... at the same time, Saudi Arabia does need to defend themselves, the Houthi rebels in Yemen (Iranian proxies per some) fire off missiles towards Saudi Arabia.  They are often intercepted. So, yes, Saudi Arabia has a war on its hands but perhaps, we could do better, perhaps tell them to make better their human rights.

I said at TOS, we really might have a shadow government that at least, on some things like this, tell the Prez. what to do.

Even if Clinton had a lot to do with attacking Libya via the air, that sure seemed like an un-Obama-like action.

Offline Chosen Daughter

I lean towards us NOT selling these weapons to Saudi Arabia.

There was a thread on this yesterday,  here it is:

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,362834.msg1977953.html#msg1977953

Anyway, Obama sold them arms, I think Canada and the UK currently sell them arms. Unless the President has information that we all don't,  I"m against selling this but... at the same time, Saudi Arabia does need to defend themselves, the Houthi rebels in Yemen (Iranian proxies per some) fire off missiles towards Saudi Arabia.  They are often intercepted. So, yes, Saudi Arabia has a war on its hands but perhaps, we could do better, perhaps tell them to make better their human rights.

I said at TOS, we really might have a shadow government that at least, on some things like this, tell the Prez. what to do.

Even if Clinton had a lot to do with attacking Libya via the air, that sure seemed like an un-Obama-like action.

Yes we do.  His name is Jared Kushner.  Its all tied to the ME Peace deal.  He's been meeting with Jordan King Abdullah, Saudi Arabia and Israel.  I think that Israel can't recognize the snake in the grass and neither can we.  Because Saudi Arabia finances Palestinians.

More interesting is that Jared Kushners idea for peace is no borders.  It appears he is opposed to walls.

The Middle East Peace Plan Being Pushed By Jared Kushner Will Require Israel To Tear Down Their 440 Miles Of Protective Barrier Border Walls

In an interview with Sky News, Jared Kushner said that the goal of the political component of the plan, which is still under wraps, is "really about establishing borders," before quickly qualifying that statement with "the goal of resolving these borders is really to eliminate them" because a border-free region would allow for the free flow of goods and lead to more "opportunity." Kushner said the economic effect would be felt throughout the Middle East, including Jordan, Lebanon, and Egypt.

President Trump once praised Israel’s border wall system as an example for the United States’ own security, but his son-in-law and senior adviser, Jared Kushner, said that his Middle East peace plan would ultimately eliminate dividing lines in the entire Middle East region.

Israel has spent the better part of the last decade and a half building an elaborate labyrinth of protective barrier border walls that shield them from attacks on the Gaza Strip, the West Bank, the Golan Heights and on their souther border with Egypt. This has reduced the number of terrorist incursions to virtually zero. Illegal immigration? Non-existent. Walls work. The only people against Israel’s wall system are the terrorists. No surprise there.

“For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.” 1 Thessalonians 5:3 (KJV)

https://www.nowtheendbegins.com/middle-east-peace-plan-being-pushed-by-jared-kushner-will-require-israel-tear-down-440-miles-protective-border-walls/
« Last Edit: May 25, 2019, 10:11:18 pm by Chosen Daughter »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused

Yes we do.  His name is Jared Kushner.  Its all tied to the ME Peace deal.  He's been meeting with Jordan King Abdullah, Saudi Arabia and Israel.  I think that Israel can't recognize the snake in the grass and neither can we.  Because Saudi Arabia finances Palestinians.
Saudi Arabia ‘doesn’t care’ about the Palestinians as long as it can make a deal with Israel against Iran, says former Netanyahu advisor
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/11/25/saudi-arabia-doesnt-care-palestinians-long-can-make-deal-israel/

Offline Chosen Daughter

All I can say is that it really depends on what people believe in, as in God.  Christians who know Bible prophesy should be recognizing the signs.  But we know that there has been plans to build the Third Temple for years.  They have been preparing and if Kushner can get Arab Nations to agree to this then I would say it is Supernatural false peace.

Ezekiel 13:16 16those prophets of Israel who prophesied to Jerusalem and saw visions of peace for her when there was no peace, declares the Sovereign LORD."'
Ezekiel 13:10 10"'Because they lead my people astray, saying, "Peace," when there is no peace, and because, when a flimsy wall is built, they cover it with whitewash,
Jeremiah 6:14 14They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. 'Peace, peace,' they say, when there is no peace.
Jeremiah 8:11 11They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. "Peace, peace," they say, when there is no peace.

What was the entire region that God promised Israel?

Kushner's peace plan 'includes land swaps with Saudi Arabia,' book claims
A draft of the plan included an oil pipeline from Saudi Arabia to Gaza, according to newly released 'Kushner, Inc.'
By Amy Spiro
March 19, 2019

White House senior adviser Jared Kushner’s Middle East peace plan at one point included Jordan giving land to the Palestinian territories and in return getting land from Saudi Arabia, according to a new book on the Kushner family.

The book, Kushner, Inc.: Greed. Ambition. Corruption. The Extraordinary Story of Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump, was written by Vicky Ward and released by St. Martin’s Press on Tuesday. The book’s 300 pages detail Jared and Ivanka’s path to involvement in every aspect of White House affairs and their alleged designs to use their influence for personal gain.
Ward cites “multiple people who saw drafts of the plan” created by Kushner that would involve not just Israel and the Palestinians but also Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Egypt and the United Arab Emirates.

“What Kushner wanted... was for the Saudis and Emiratis to provide economic assistance to the Palestinians,” Ward wrote. “There were plans for an oil pipeline from Saudi Arabia to Gaza, where refineries and a shipping terminal could be built. The profits would create desalination plants, where Palestinians could find work, addressing the high unemployment rate.”

Ward said that the plan also included land swaps, where Jordan would give land to the Palestinian territories, and “in return, Jordan would get land from Saudi Arabia, and that country would get back two Red Sea islands it gave Egypt to administer in 1950.”

Speaking to Sky News Arabia, while in Warsaw last month, Kushner said the White House plan – expected to be presented sometime after the April 9 election in Israel – would focus on border issues.

Kushner said the plan was both political and economic, and is “really about establishing borders and resolving final-status issues... The plan will have a broad economic impact, not only on Israel and the Palestinians, but on the entire region as well.” The senior adviser to the president, who is also his son-in-law, added that the plan will have a large impact on the entire region, including Jordan, Egypt and Lebanon.

In November 2018, Mike Evans – a Christian Evangelical Zionist and founder of the Friends of Zion Museum in Jerusalem – wrote an op-ed in The Jerusalem Post touting a plan to create a Saudi and European-funded desalination plant to provide clean water to Gaza.

“Over the past 30 days, I have presented a new plan to Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, Egyptian President Abdel Fattah el Sisi, Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, Trump administration officials and European Union leaders, all of whom have received it with great enthusiasm,” Evans wrote last year. “The plan is based around a simple idea: Establish an Israeli desalination plant, built on Israeli land, funded by Saudi Arabia, the Europeans and others, that provides clean water to Gaza.”

Evans said he hoped “the administration would not make this a part of the peace plan,” and said the plant should be on Israeli or Egyptian land. “When I presented the project to the crown prince, I told him that Jared Kushner was studying it,” Evans wrote in November. “He said if Kushner was interested he should contact him.”

The Ward book, published by St. Martin’s Press, emphasizes multiple times that Israel was one of the only issues on the Trump campaign trail that deeply interested Kushner. In September 2016, Netanyahu met with then-candidate Trump, Steve Bannon and Kushner in Trump Tower on the sidelines of the UN General Assembly.

“In that conversation,” Ward wrote, “Trump let Kushner jump in, because US-Israel relations was the one political issue anyone in the campaign ever saw Kushner get worked up about. ‘On the Israel stuff, Jared at least comes across like he knows what he’s talking about,’ said someone who was at the meeting.”

Ward also claimed that a source in J Street said there was a rumor Kushner had sought to delay the move of the US Embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem until he could begin negotiating his peace deal. The book also details Kushner’s clashes with then-secretary of state Rex Tillerson over Israel and negotiations with the Palestinians.

“Kushner took the Middle East from Tillerson’s portfolio,” Ward wrote. “‘I want Israel,’ is how he put it, according to a former Tillerson aide... Tillerson, a former Boy Scout, tried to work with Kushner because he thought it was the right thing to do.”

https://www.jpost.com/Middle-East/Kushners-peace-plan-includes-land-swaps-with-Saudi-Arabia-book-claims-583932
« Last Edit: May 25, 2019, 10:33:19 pm by Chosen Daughter »

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist

Offline Chosen Daughter

Wow, weird I had thought of that earlier.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

As a reminder, Saudi Arabia quite often arms terrorist groups with the arms we supply them.
If Trump does it, it's good.  Get with the program hippie. :nono: