Author Topic: Crazy Is as Crazy Does.. By Maureen Dowd  (Read 711 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Crazy Is as Crazy Does.. By Maureen Dowd
« on: May 26, 2019, 01:46:36 pm »
Crazy Is as Crazy Does

By Maureen Dowd

Opinion Columnist

May 25, 2019

WASHINGTON — Sometimes, as the light comes in my bedroom window and I start to wake up, my mind drifts to other things.

I think about how talented Phoebe Waller-Bridge is, with her two mordant shows, “Killing Eve” and “Fleabag.” I think about how cool it will be to see Idris Elba resume his role as a world-weary London homicide detective in “Luther.” I think about what a harrowing tale Patrick Radden Keefe has woven in “Say Nothing: A True Story of Murder and Memory in Northern Ireland.”

But once I’m completely awake, a gravitational pull takes hold and I am once more bedeviled by our preposterous president.

I flip on the TV and gird for the endless stream of vitriol coming from the White House, bracing for another day of overflowing, overlapping, overwrought news stories about Trump. I’m sapped before I rise.

more
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/25/opinion/sunday/donald-trump-nancy-pelosi.html?action=click&module=Opinion&pgtype=Homepage
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Bill Cipher

Re: Crazy Is as Crazy Does.. By Maureen Dowd
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2019, 02:01:42 pm »
Dowd should know.  She gets an object lesson in it every time she looks into a mirror.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2019, 02:18:27 pm »
I think about how cool it will be to see Idris Elba resume his role as a world-weary London homicide detective in “Luther.”

Proof even crazy people have moments of clarity.

BUT......,Alice made the show. If Ruth Wilson isn't a part of the package,it's a bad package. I don't blame Luther for being afraid of her.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2019, 12:44:46 am »
Poor Maureen has to brace for another day of overwrought news stories. That's so much worse than having to brace for another day of thousands of murdered babies.
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2019, 12:54:20 am »
Proof even crazy people have moments of clarity.

BUT......,Alice made the show. If Ruth Wilson isn't a part of the package,it's a bad package. I don't blame Luther for being afraid of her.

One of the best series to binge on Netflix.

@sneakypete    Check out IMPOSTERS.  The casting is tremendous, but Inbar Navi......OMG!!

The wardrobe she had made me hit the pause button more than twice.   And not all 'revealing'.  Just drop dead gorgeous.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online corbe

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2019, 12:55:27 am »
TTIUWP

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2019, 01:07:58 am »
One of the best series to binge on Netflix.

@sneakypete    Check out IMPOSTERS.  The casting is tremendous, but Inbar Navi......OMG!!

The wardrobe she had made me hit the pause button more than twice.   And not all 'revealing'.  Just drop dead gorgeous.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

@DCPatriot

Thanks for the tip. Right now I am binge-watching Boston Legal,and occasionally Scrubs and My Name is Earl,but will get to it soon.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online corbe

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2019, 01:16:54 am »
   I'm still stuck on Peter Gunn, Perry Mason and Bogart movies, maybe that's why I'm feeling so old.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.