Author Topic: Trump never revoked John Brennan's security clearance  (Read 1718 times)

Offline Absalom

Re: Trump never revoked John Brennan's security clearance
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2019, 06:37:07 pm »
As well as his incredibly self-destructive staffing choices.
He has some kind of masochistic urge to hire people who want nothing more than to sabotage every aspect of his agenda. That has been the most confusing peculiarity of Trump to me.
-------------------------------
On the mark.
The wise Heraclitus understood that "Character is Destiny"
as we determine our fate by our character.
Trump's behavior continually affirms that he is consumed
by emotion rather than intelligence, despite his absurd
assertion of genius.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2019, 06:48:31 pm »
Another article:

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/05/ex-cia-chief-john-brennan-still-has-his-security-clearance-even-though-president-trump-revoked-it-last-summer/

This is what bothers me. It's as if the Executive bureaucracy is now the 4th branch of govt, the President has little power to stop them.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2019, 06:54:07 pm »
As well as his incredibly self-destructive staffing choices.
He has some kind of masochistic urge to hire people who want nothing more than to sabotage every aspect of his agenda. That has been the most confusing peculiarity of Trump to me.

That's a fact.  One of the President's biggest flaws was relying upon the word of deep staters when picking his staffs.  Sessions comes first to mind, in addition to keeping any hold-overs from Obastard.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2019, 06:56:56 pm »
This is what bothers me. It's as if the Executive bureaucracy is now the 4th branch of govt, the President has little power to stop them.

That's a fact, Jack.  It's hard to imagine how many laws there are containing the phrase, "The Secretary will decide..."  Obastardcare is riddled with them.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2019, 07:13:00 pm »

And, rooting that out would be earth-shaking.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2019, 07:13:29 pm »
We’ll probably discover, somewhere down the line, this had little to do with bureaucratic infighting. What’s more likely is the lack of follow through came from the top, which will prevent a future president from revoking the clearance of current admin members. The post-presidency consulting gigs are very lucrative.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2019, 07:14:56 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2019, 07:21:57 pm »
We’ll probably discover, somewhere down the line, this had little to do with bureaucratic infighting. What’s more likely is the lack of follow through came from the top, which will prevent a future president from revoking the clearance of current admin members. The post-presidency consulting gigs are very lucrative.
This plus a lack of evidence proves how effective the Deep State really is *bouche*

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2019, 08:06:59 pm »
It seems the level of followup here is equivalent to a gun to their head through all the 52 bureaucratic steps to make it happen, with total resistance at every turn.

That's well beyond my standard definition of followup in a top down organization such as the Executive branch where the leader has been delegated near total power over, yet seems to have none.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2019, 08:24:19 pm »
Sorry, guys, but if Brennan's clearance was not revoked, the fault lies with Trump, at least partly.  He's the boss, no?  As such, he should have made sure it was done  And if he has a problem with subordinates following orders, then it means he is not "hiring only the best people."  If these subordinates persist in not doing their job, why aren't they shown the door?  If Trump didn't follow through to make sure the revocation happened, then I assume he didn't want it done in the first place.

Tired of Trump fans making excuses for him.  When something isn't done, it's always someone else's fault.  He's never to blame.  BS.  Whatever happened to Harry Truman's "the buck stops here?" 

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2019, 08:32:45 pm »
Sorry, guys, but if Brennan's clearance was not revoked, the fault lies with Trump, at least partly.  He's the boss, no?  As such, he should have made sure it was done  And if he has a problem with subordinates following orders, then it means he is not "hiring only the best people."  If these subordinates persist in not doing their job, why aren't they shown the door?  If Trump didn't follow through to make sure the revocation happened, then I assume he didn't want it done in the first place.

Tired of Trump fans making excuses for him.  When something isn't done, it's always someone else's fault.  He's never to blame.  BS.  Whatever happened to Harry Truman's "the buck stops here?"

Is he the boss? Are the subordinates his hires, or career bureaucrats? How many layers of those bureaucrats and prescribed procedures are there to follow, and can they be fired if they resist his directives?

That's what I'm trying to understand here.
The Republic is lost.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2019, 08:44:26 pm »
Is he the boss? Are the subordinates his hires, or career bureaucrats? How many layers of those bureaucrats and prescribed procedures are there to follow, and can they be fired if they resist his directives?

I find it weird that he's not able to pick up the phone and get it done...as in, "I want this on my desk by close of business today" kind of thing.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2019, 09:12:52 pm »
I find it weird that he's not able to pick up the phone and get it done...as in, "I want this on my desk by close of business today" kind of thing.

Exactly. It seems like a Democrat President can do that, but a Republican one, well suddenly there is all this red tape that must be followed.
The Republic is lost.

Offline corbe

« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2019, 09:23:19 pm »
   As mentioned earlier someone in the Swamp pushed back (or slow walked) and there was simply no follow up as he already got what he wanted, affirmation.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2019, 09:30:44 pm »
   As mentioned earlier someone in the Swamp pushed back (or slow walked) and there was simply no follow up as he already got what he wanted, affirmation.

And that's a huge problem. In a top down, command-and-control hierarchy, the bureaucrats shouldn't be able to push back against the commander-in-chief and get away with it, yet seemlingly they can.

I'm all about followup, but a joint bureaucratic cage match to the death just to revoke a security clearance goes way beyond followup.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2019, 09:43:14 pm »

"I took an oath to the Constitution, not the President."
I will NOT comply.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2019, 09:43:55 pm »
That's a fact.  One of the President's biggest flaws was relying upon the word of deep staters when picking his staffs.  Sessions comes first to mind, in addition to keeping any hold-overs from Obastard.
I think it is based on his inflated ego. He really cannot believe that there is anyone on Earth that he can not charm over to his side. When he chose all these deep state NeverTrumpers, I believe that he sincerely thought that he could win them over. Because that's just how wonderful he is.

Yea, they may hate me now. But that is only because they don't know me. Give me a little time with them and I'll have them eating out of my hand.

Very naive and childish point of view. And it cost him dearly. He could have avoided so much dissention and leaks if he would have picked people in HIS inner circle who he knows he can trust. This 'open hand' policy; this 'reaching across the aisle mentality has cost him tons of leaks and negative press. It may have cost him the entire first two years of his presidency.

Even so, he has accomplish more in two years than Obama did in eight. But it could have been so much more but for his pandering to the status quo.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2019, 09:56:42 pm »
"I took an oath to the Constitution, not the President."

At least not a Republican President anyway. When their preferred party is not in power, they conflate red tape with the Constitution and use #resistance as justification.

That's probably my biggest sticking point with this whole thing.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2019, 09:57:35 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2019, 10:13:57 pm »
I think it is based on his inflated ego. He really cannot believe that there is anyone on Earth that he can not charm over to his side. When he chose all these deep state NeverTrumpers, I believe that he sincerely thought that he could win them over. Because that's just how wonderful he is.

Yea, they may hate me now. But that is only because they don't know me. Give me a little time with them and I'll have them eating out of my hand.

Very naive and childish point of view. And it cost him dearly. He could have avoided so much dissention and leaks if he would have picked people in HIS inner circle who he knows he can trust. This 'open hand' policy; this 'reaching across the aisle mentality has cost him tons of leaks and negative press. It may have cost him the entire first two years of his presidency.

Even so, he has accomplish more in two years than Obama did in eight. But it could have been so much more but for his pandering to the status quo.

Give that man a Nat Sherman cigar!

I have been thinking that for quite some time....  he thought that about all of them: Ryan, McConnell, Priebus, Pelosi, Schumer, etc.  He could do a "deal" with any and all of them...  until he couldn't.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2019, 12:02:09 am »
At least not a Republican President anyway. When their preferred party is not in power, they conflate red tape with the Constitution and use #resistance as justification.

That's probably my biggest sticking point with this whole thing.

That would be my point. Thank you!
I will NOT comply.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2019, 05:36:39 am »
John Brennen was mentor to Obama & butt buddys,  from someone in gay community who knew this. Brennan also, islamist.
Brennen was double agent to Russia.  They hate him too.

hmm.  I don't know if this reveals something about you or Brennen.                                                                                                                         
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2019, 05:39:30 am »

Unbelievable.  More excuses for "I hire only the best" Trump.  Sessions recused himself but he was doing the job.  He is a Conservative not a liberal like Cohen or Amorosa.   

Jeff Sessions, conservative hero
Ousted Attorney General Jeff Sessions has received an outpouring of praise from conservatives whose focus is public policy. I quoted some of that praise last night.
There’s a lot more I could add, but instead I’ll confine myself to this article by Heather Mac Donald. She argues that by firing Sessions, President Trump has put key portions of his agenda at risk:

Trump won the presidency by promising to restore the rule of immigration law after decades of bipartisan neglect. Sessions, serving as a senator from Alabama in 2016, was uniquely positioned to do so. No politician had devoted as much time to documenting the corrosive effects of low-skilled mass immigration on the country’s working class.

Sessions was a nationalist long before Trump came on the scene. He knew the myriad tactics through which the nation’s career bureaucrats and immigration advocates had abetted mass illegal entry, and set out to block them.

As attorney general, he used every lawful tool available to his office to fight the sanctuary-city movement, whereby local jurisdictions openly defy the federal government’s efforts to protect the public from illegal-alien criminals. Scofflaw cities and states across the country responded with a spate of lawsuits against Sessions; left-wing judges slapped the Justice Department with questionable nationwide injunctions to protect the sanctuary jurisdictions.

Sessions sued right back. Sheriffs, the closest to the ground when it comes to public sentiment about law enforcement, understood what was at stake. “Jeff Sessions has probably been the most effective attorney general in the eyes of law enforcement in our nation’s history,” National Sheriffs’ Association executive director Jonathan Thompson told the Huffington Post in August 2018.

(Emphasis added)

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2018/11/jeff-sessions-conservative-hero.php

« Last Edit: May 27, 2019, 05:45:03 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #46 on: May 27, 2019, 04:47:19 pm »

Unbelievable.  More excuses for "I hire only the best" Trump.  Sessions recused himself but he was doing the job.  He is a Conservative not a liberal like Cohen or Amorosa.   

Jeff Sessions, conservative hero
Ousted Attorney General Jeff Sessions has received an outpouring of praise from conservatives whose focus is public policy. I quoted some of that praise last night.
There’s a lot more I could add, but instead I’ll confine myself to this article by Heather Mac Donald. She argues that by firing Sessions, President Trump has put key portions of his agenda at risk:

Trump won the presidency by promising to restore the rule of immigration law after decades of bipartisan neglect. Sessions, serving as a senator from Alabama in 2016, was uniquely positioned to do so. No politician had devoted as much time to documenting the corrosive effects of low-skilled mass immigration on the country’s working class.

Sessions was a nationalist long before Trump came on the scene. He knew the myriad tactics through which the nation’s career bureaucrats and immigration advocates had abetted mass illegal entry, and set out to block them.

As attorney general, he used every lawful tool available to his office to fight the sanctuary-city movement, whereby local jurisdictions openly defy the federal government’s efforts to protect the public from illegal-alien criminals. Scofflaw cities and states across the country responded with a spate of lawsuits against Sessions; left-wing judges slapped the Justice Department with questionable nationwide injunctions to protect the sanctuary jurisdictions.

Sessions sued right back. Sheriffs, the closest to the ground when it comes to public sentiment about law enforcement, understood what was at stake. “Jeff Sessions has probably been the most effective attorney general in the eyes of law enforcement in our nation’s history,” National Sheriffs’ Association executive director Jonathan Thompson told the Huffington Post in August 2018.

(Emphasis added)

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2018/11/jeff-sessions-conservative-hero.php

@Chosen Daughter
Based on your response, you didn't read a word I wrote. You simply regurgitated your standard, "Jeff Sessions is an anointed Saint!" rant, which I have become used to. What I wrote can hardly be called 'an excuse'.

I realize that you have some kind of personal connection to Sessions. But as a practical matter he was a huge waste of time. Yes. He worked on immigration a little but that was not his job. That is a different department. Meanwhile he ignored the actual responsibilities of the AG. He ignored countless scandals and crimes by Democrats. He was scared to death.

President Trump said of Sessions, "He is afraid of his own shadow." And I agree. Sessions is a coward weasel who wasted two years hiding in a closet somewhere until his time was up and then he ran away.

Let us agree to disagree. You have your perspective, and I have mine. Jeff Sessions is no Saint.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #47 on: May 27, 2019, 04:58:32 pm »
President Trump forgot.  He's got a lot on his mind between investigations and Gorilla Channel marathons.
--------------------------
Stable genius has a mind???
Who knew???

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #48 on: June 08, 2019, 12:35:35 am »
Senator Rand Paul
Verified accountï‚™ @RandPaul 

Disgraceful, extent to which the deep state will go to protect their own. I was in the Oval Office w/@realDonaldTrump when he directed officials to revoke John Brennan’s security clearance. A partisan hack & mouthpiece for the media has no business holding a clearance.Revoke now!

10:55 AM - 7 Jun 2019

https://twitter.com/RandPaul/status/1137055608266473472

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #49 on: June 08, 2019, 12:39:44 am »
Rand Paul: Deep state protected John Brennan's security clearance
Washington Examiner, Jun 4, 2019

[...]

Asked to comment about it in an interview on CNN, Paul said the "deep state," in which federal or military officials defy a democratically elected government, was likely to blame.

"Now the deep state is actually protecting their own and not listening to the president's orders," the Kentucky Republican said on Tuesday. "I was sitting in the White House when President Trump said I want his security clearance taken, and I saw the order given. I saw the chief of staff was there, not the current chief of staff, the previous chief of staff."

He was referring to former White House chief of staff John Kelly.

"If they are working against ... the president that really does disrupt our country, does disrupt a representative democracy where the president makes a decision. If someone is countermanding that, I think we need to get to the bottom of that," Paul said.

A close ally of the president, Paul said he hopes Trump will conduct a search to find out who defied his order.

More:  https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/rand-paul-deep-state-protected-john-brennans-security-clearance