Author Topic: California City Bans All Tobacco and E-Cigarette Sales – Except for the Super-Rich  (Read 2381 times)

rangerrebew

California City Bans All Tobacco and E-Cigarette Sales – Except for the Super-Rich
 Huston Warner Todd Huston May 25, 2019 1.4k Views

A city in left-wing California aims to become the first city in U.S. history to ban the sale of all tobacco products everywhere. Unless you are rich enough to join an exclusive cigar lounge.

Beverly Hills, California, is about to become the first city to ban the sale of tobacco products with an exception that would allow posh cigar lounges to remain in business, according to The Blaze.

The ordinance was passed by the city council on Tuesday to ban all sales of tobacco and e-cigarettes at all retailers.

https://godfatherpolitics.com/california-city-bans-all-tobacco-and-e-cigarette-sales-except-for-the-super-rich/

Bill Cipher

Eh.  How hard is it to drive across the town line?

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Eh.  How hard is it to drive across the town line?

@Bill Cipher

What are you going to do when the next town,and the town after that do the same?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Bill Cipher

@Bill Cipher

What are you going to do when the next town,and the town after that do the same?

Me personally?  Nothing.  I gave up the noxious weed ten years ago. 

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
@rangerrebew

I remember when Del Mar, CA, banned cigarettes in restaurants in the early 70s.   

This is just a continuation of that.  It has been going on a long time.

Why haven't K-Cups been banned?  They are far worse than stupid straws.

California.  You love it or leave it.  I could never live there again.

888mouth
"It's fun; baseball's fun."  Yogi Berra

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@rangerrebew

I remember when Del Mar, CA, banned cigarettes in restaurants in the early 70s.   

This is just a continuation of that.  It has been going on a long time.

Why haven't K-Cups been banned?  They are far worse than stupid straws.

California.  You love it or leave it.  I could never live there again.

888mouth

@Slip18

What is a k-cup?

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
@Slip18

What is a k-cup?

"Kuerig Cup."  They cannot be recycled.  They are made to withstand high temperatures for individual coffee makers.  Very popular right now.

I refuse to use that particular brand.  Folger's Coffee Bags work just as well, and they can be recycled right into your garden.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Keurig-K-Mini-K15-Single-Serve-K-Cup-Pod-Coffee-Maker-Chili-Red/49673940?athcpid=49673940&athpgid=athenaItemPage&athcgid=null&athznid=PWVUB&athieid=v0&athstid=CS020&athguid=9baff3b2-59c-16b47a7f817c8d&athena=true

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
"Kuerig Cup."  They cannot be recycled.  They are made to withstand high temperatures for individual coffee makers.  Very popular right now.

I refuse to use that particular brand.  Folger's Coffee Bags work just as well, and they can be recycled right into your garden.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Keurig-K-Mini-K15-Single-Serve-K-Cup-Pod-Coffee-Maker-Chili-Red/49673940?athcpid=49673940&athpgid=athenaItemPage&athcgid=null&athznid=PWVUB&athieid=v0&athstid=CS020&athguid=9baff3b2-59c-16b47a7f817c8d&athena=true

@Slip18

WOW! Yuppies are willing to pay up to 300 bucks for a coffee pot that only brews 1 cup at a time?

How do those fools manage to get their hands on that kind of money?

Offline roamer_1

@Slip18

WOW! Yuppies are willing to pay up to 300 bucks for a coffee pot that only brews 1 cup at a time?

I am utterly amazed how many folks live far beyond their means.

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
@Slip18

What is worse is hotels in CA use those K-Cups.  Pretty sad for the enviro-whackos.  I could never understand them.  Now, a plastic container versus a straw.  I guess a straw could get stuck in a shark's ear, but not a K-Cup. 

Do sharks even have ears?  I never noticed their ears.  LOL!

333cleo

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant

I am utterly amazed how many folks live far beyond their means.

Unless you are in the movie industry, a politician or in a few other industries, you are up the crick without a paddle.  I dropped a word there on purpose.

Hiya, Sweety!

888high58888

Offline roamer_1

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
@Slip18

My mom and sister have them. I have a $15 dollar 12 cup mr coffee type machine. I like it. I can’t afford the price of k cups.

Well last Christmas my family bought a Keurig for me. I said I didn’t want it but it upset them.

So now I have a dust collector. I really want to donate it to a charity but it would cheese off my mom. So it sits unopened in a closet collecting dust
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
My mom and sister have them. I have a $15 dollar 12 cup mr coffee type machine. I like it. I can’t afford the price of k cups.

Well last Christmas my family bought a Keurig for me. I said I didn’t want it but it upset them.

So now I have a dust collector. I really want to donate it to a charity but it would cheese off my mom. So it sits unopened in a closet collecting dust

@Gefn

Keep it. Sooner or later your Mr Coffee will die,and you will already have a replacement.

Offline corbe

Most things are very complicated for me in the mornings, so I have a keurig, it easily provides a tasty mix for my Baileys each morning.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
@Gefn

Keep it. Sooner or later your Mr Coffee will die,and you will already have a replacement.

@sneakypete you are so nice! I have a tea kettle, and a glass coffee pot which I use if the power runs out because I have gas not electric. Even during hurricane Irene and Sandy, when I had no power my stove still worked so I could boil water for tea or coffee with Nescafé ot Sanka.

I ate lots of chili in cans then and soup.

But you are right I should use it. It does boil water and I can use it for tea. I just figured out those pods are about 25 cents to use and if I have three cups a day, it’s 75 cents times a week. That’s a lot of money when you are on a fixed income!
((((Pete))))   

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
   Most things are very complicated for me in the mornings, so I have a keurig, it easily provides a tasty mix for my Baileys each morning.

Mmmm. Baileys or Kaluha! But then, I was a Boone’s farm girl or Bartles and Jaymes...

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
Btw I do vape. At my age who cares? It’s one of those things that has kept me sane over the last month. Uncle Sam might have a point with teens but anyone over thirty five, heck it’s my body. I never smoked except one cigarette in college but I find vaping relaxers me.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@sneakypete you are so nice! I have a tea kettle, and a glass coffee pot which I use if the power runs out because I have gas not electric. Even during hurricane Irene and Sandy, when I had no power my stove still worked so I could boil water for tea or coffee with Nescafé ot Sanka.

I ate lots of chili in cans then and soup.

But you are right I should use it. It does boil water and I can use it for tea. I just figured out those pods are about 25 cents to use and if I have three cups a day, it’s 75 cents times a week. That’s a lot of money when you are on a fixed income!
((((Pete))))   

@Gefn

So use it once a week and make your mother happy by telling her you are using her gift. You  can afford once a week.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
@Gefn

So use it once a week and make your mother happy by telling her you are using her gift. You  can afford once a week.

@sneakypete

If mom’s not happy, then no one is happy, right?

Offline roamer_1

Ten bucks. Lasts nearly forever. Folds up. Extremely portable.
With a steel screen, doesn't even need papers.
Jussayin.