Author Topic: Company Fined for Flying U.S. Flag… in North Carolina!  (Read 978 times)

rangerrebew

Company Fined for Flying U.S. Flag… in North Carolina!

In the land of the free one CEO is being forced to pay fines for flying the flag of the United States of America.

Marcus Lemonis is the CEO of Camping World and is currently locked in a legal battle over the massive American flag that flies above his Gander RV business that sits along interstate 77 in Statesville, NC.

Statesville officials are trying to force Lemonis into taking down the 40-by-80 foot flag, citing city ordinance that dictates a flag within 100 feet of the highway can’t exceed a size of 25-by-40 feet.

https://gopworld.com/company-fined-for-flying-u-s-flag-in-north-carolina/

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Company Fined for Flying U.S. Flag… in North Carolina!
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2019, 01:57:47 pm »
More accurately:  "Company Fined for Flying Oversized Flag… in North Carolina!"

If they don't like it, get the law changed. 

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2019, 02:16:03 pm »
More accurately:  "Company Fined for Flying Oversized Flag… in North Carolina!"

If they don't like it, get the law changed.

@Sanguine

I agree. Much ado about nothing,other than the guy was trying to use a giant flag as a tool to attract attention to his business.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2019, 04:14:16 pm »
From what I saw on the TeeVee about it last night, the business owner didn't even ask for a Variance after being fined, he just went straight to the press with his complaint.  Something's amiss. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2019, 04:20:49 pm »
He knew what he was doing.
He is loving the fine and all the press coverage.
That is what he had in mind all along.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2019, 04:42:07 pm »
He knew what he was doing.
He is loving the fine and all the press coverage.
That is what he had in mind all along.

Perzackly, @240B.  The free advertising he's getting from this far outweighs the fine.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2019, 05:30:33 pm »
From what I saw on the TeeVee about it last night, the business owner didn't even ask for a Variance after being fined, he just went straight to the press with his complaint.  Something's amiss.

@Cyber Liberty

Nothing was amiss,and his plan to gain free publicity,even on tv,worked perfectly.

Had everything to do with profits,and nothing to do with patriotism.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2019, 04:58:11 pm »
https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/camping-world-ceo-marcus-lemonis-settles-dispute-over-giant-us-flag

Camping World CEO Marcus Lemonis settles dispute over giant US flag

The stars and stripes controversy pitting the CEO of Camping World against a North Carolina city over the size of an American Flag has been settled.

News outlets report Statesville Mayor Costi Kutteh announced the settlement with Marcus Lemonis allowing the flag, originally deemed too big by the city, to continue flying outside Lemonis’ Gander RV company. Camping World, a publically traded company, owns Gander, with Lemonis owning 36 million shares.

Back in May, officials from the city about 40 miles north of Charlotte sued the company over the size of the flag. The flag measures 40 feet by 80 feet (12 meters by 24 meters) and hangs on a 130-foot-high (40-meter-high) flagpole next to Interstate 77. The code limits flags to 25 feet by 40 feet (7.6 meters by 12 meters).

But recently, Statesville city leaders voted to rezone the area Gander RV sits on, making the flag compliant with the ordinance, according to Fox 46.

The settlement, which came down Monday, comes with a price according to the local Fox affiliate. Gander RV must pay over $14,000 in fines for originally breaking the ordinance, with an additional $2,000 in legal costs. The decision also means Lemonis would no longer be fined $50 a day for the violation.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2019, 05:11:56 pm »
https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/camping-world-ceo-marcus-lemonis-settles-dispute-over-giant-us-flag

Camping World CEO Marcus Lemonis settles dispute over giant US flag

I think the city should waive the fine.
I will NOT comply.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2019, 06:38:24 pm »
I think the city should waive the fine.

@Cyber Liberty

Good for you!

Just don't bet the rent money on it happening. Chances are they already had it spent before he received the notice.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2019, 07:51:24 pm »
Seems to me there are a couple of things going on with this guy, one is the free publicity and two that I think he's using the flag issue as way to try and change opinions of him for the crap he said about Trump and Trump supporters after Charlottesville.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2019, 08:02:56 pm »
Seems to me there are a couple of things going on with this guy, one is the free publicity and two that I think he's using the flag issue as way to try and change opinions of him for the crap he said about Trump and Trump supporters after Charlottesville.

Free publicity? Or trying to make something egregious notorious as well. Both would look the same, and both are possible, for that matter.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline verga

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2019, 10:11:13 pm »
Did he actually 16K of advertising and new business out of this?
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2019, 11:14:13 pm »

@GtHawk

I think you are right.

Also,the headline is a lie. They were fined for flying a oversized flag,NOT for flying a US Flag. Or a flag from any other nation,AFATG.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2019, 11:16:33 pm »
Did he actually 16K of advertising and new business out of this?

There are several military bases in NC,and his previous political stances and statements could have easily cost him business. Especially since a lot of those military people retire and live in NC,and also buy RV's.

It may well have prevented him from losing more than 16k in sales,if not in additional sales.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2019, 11:38:02 pm »
@GtHawk

I think you are right.

Also,the headline is a lie. They were fined for flying a oversized flag,NOT for flying a US Flag. Or a flag from any other nation,AFATG.
@sneakypete
I bet he could have found a spot on the property a hundred feet away from the fwy/hwy to put a flagpole if he wanted to fly that size of flag if it was about being patriotic or even heaven forbid requested a variance prior to flying the flag where he did.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2019, 01:39:51 am »
@sneakypete
I bet he could have found a spot on the property a hundred feet away from the fwy/hwy to put a flagpole if he wanted to fly that size of flag if it was about being patriotic or even heaven forbid requested a variance prior to flying the flag where he did.

@GtHawk

Yeah,but then it wouldn't be drawing potential customers onto his lot.