Author Topic: Conservative blocks House passage of disaster relief bill  (Read 1037 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Conservative blocks House passage of disaster relief bill
« on: May 24, 2019, 05:05:10 pm »

Conservative blocks House passage of disaster relief bill
By Juliegrace Brufke - 05/24/19 11:24 AM EDT

Rep. Chip Roy (R-Texas), a member of the conservative House Freedom Caucus, blocked a disaster relief bill in the House on Friday by objecting to an unanimous consent vote.

The Texas Republican who previously worked for Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) argued the House should not have recessed before debating the legislation and holding a vote in arguing why he moved to stall the legislation.

“I'm here today primarily because if I do not object, Congress will have passed into law a bill that spends $19 billion of taxpayer money without members of Congress being present in our nation's capital to vote on it,” he said on the floor.

“Secondly, it's a bill that includes nothing to address the clear national emergency and humanitarian crisis we have at our southern border.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/445407-conservative-blocks-house-passage-of-disaster-relief-bill
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline rustynail

Re: Conservative blocks House passage of disaster relief bill
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2019, 05:26:07 pm »
Good to hear.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2019, 05:30:16 pm »
Any bill put up for vote by this House should surely be blocked any way possible.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2019, 05:43:26 pm »
 So.one man does the right thing?  No one else READ the bill?   

Offline bilo

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2019, 06:01:36 pm »
The Texas Republican who previously worked for Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas)

IOW, a real conservative.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2019, 06:02:13 pm »
Sounds like he made the right call

Offline libertybele

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2019, 06:04:03 pm »
  “Secondly, it's a bill that includes nothing to address the clear national emergency and humanitarian crisis we have at our southern border.”

Good. We need more Congressmen pushing back!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online corbe

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2019, 03:00:17 am »
   His old boss Sen. Cruz voted for this in the Senate.  Remember back in the day when Trump/GOP didn't have Cruz's balls.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2019, 03:06:32 am »
   His old boss Sen. Cruz voted for this in the Senate.  Remember back in the day when Trump/GOP didn't have Cruz's balls.

Ha ha ha...WHO IS PRESIDENT?  NOT TED CRUZ.....but he is still trying.  NEVER FOR ME.  LYIN' TED. No balls TED.  How long has he been a professional politician?  He voted for TPP....then said..OOPS..made a mistake.  Too late.  But my president TRUMP...threw that pos...out!  We lost our rights with that baloney.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2019, 03:08:47 am by LegalAmerican »

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
GOP congressman stands alone, blocks massive $19.1 billion spending bill
Chris Pandolfo · May 24, 2019   

Rep. Chip Roy, R-Texas, is taking a lone stand against massive spending, creating an opportunity to demand that House Democrats fund border security.

Roy said Friday he will block a unanimous consent request in the House to pass a $19.1 billion disaster relief bill passed by the Senate and supported by President Trump, Roll Call reports. Blocking the unanimous consent request will force a recorded floor vote, delaying the bill until June, when lawmakers return from recess.

“The people, particularly in Texas, but people generally, are tired of the swamp and this is a very swampy thing to do — have a vote on a Friday heading into Memorial Day weekend and after we recess, when we could have done our job yesterday when we had 435 members of Congress who should be here and should vote,” Roy told reporters.

The disaster bill passed the Senate Thursday, only after provisions for border security were stripped from the language. It figures that Congress would attempt to pass a massive spending bill just before a holiday weekend, when few Americans are paying attention. Worse still, the bill as it stands does nothing to address the migrant crisis, the most pressing issue facing the country.

Roy has bought Republicans and President Trump more time to negotiate a better deal. Let’s see if they’re up for it.

https://www.conservativereview.com/news/gop-congressman-stands-alone-blocks-massive-19-1-billion-spending-bill/

And I will take this opportunity to thank Rep. Chip Roy for standing for this country when nobody else will.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

@mystery-ak  or @Cyber Liberty could you please merge this with the other thread.  Thank you.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2019, 03:15:41 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online corbe

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2019, 03:17:15 am »
   You're starting to pizz me off @LegalAmerican again. 

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2019, 03:26:05 am »

Good. We need more Congressmen pushing back!

Yes, but the real question is going to be whether Trump will sign this bill once it gets a full vote?  Even though it has been stripped of border security.  I am watching.   

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2019, 03:30:03 am »
The Senate on Thursday afternoon approved a $19 billion disaster-relief bill to help several states and Puerto Rico recover from hurricanes, floods and wildfires -- after President Trump backed off from his demand that border security money be added to the package.
Lawmakers overwhelmingly passed the measure with an 85-8 vote; eight Republicans opposed it. Congress is expected to pass the bill before leaving for its weeklong recess ahead of Memorial Day.

"We expect the bill will pass the House, and the president, despite his protestations, will sign the bill," Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., said.
He added that President Trump's intervention in negotiations was partly to blame for the bill's delay.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/senate-approves-19-billion-disaster-relief-bill-after-trump-backs-off-from-demand-for-border-security-money

Online corbe

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2019, 03:31:02 am »
    @Chosen Daughter McConnell passed it with Trump's blessings. 8 Reps voted no (Lee, Sasse and Romney, among others) and 8 Reps didn't even bother to vote.  All Dems voted for it.  He'll sign it and proclaim what a Great day it is for America, #MAGA and all.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2019, 03:34:05 am »
    @Chosen Daughter McConnell passed it with Trump's blessings. 8 Reps voted no (Lee, Sasse and Romney, among others) and 8 Reps didn't even bother to vote.  All Dems voted for it.  He'll sign it and proclaim what a Great day it is for America, #MAGA and all.

I'm dumping Sasse.  He's a dud.  So is President Trump.  Cruz too if he voted for this.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2019, 03:35:56 am by Chosen Daughter »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2019, 03:34:45 am »
Chip is taking a lot of flak for this.

Online corbe

« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2019, 03:34:58 am »
   Rep. Roy's (TX) grandstanding (Love the guy) will only delay the bill till early next week when Speaker Pelosi will RAM it through.

*It's my understanding that too many dems had already left for the Memorial Day weekend so she had to pause on this crap of a bill.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2019, 03:37:22 am by corbe »

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2019, 03:36:50 am »
   Rep. Roy's (TX) grandstanding (Love the guy) will only delay the bill till early next week when Speaker Pelosi will RAM it through.

Yes, and duddly Trump will probably sign it.

Online corbe

« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2019, 03:38:50 am »
   They don't do EARMARKS any more so how much PORK is in this CRAP, any guesses?

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2019, 03:42:23 am »
   They don't do EARMARKS any more so how much PORK is in this CRAP, any guesses?

Well we know that its full of pork for Puerto Rico, which Trump had previously said he wouldn't give.  At what point are we just supporting corruption?

Here you go @corbe

https://www.libertyheadlines.com/house-passes-pork-laden-disaster-aid-spending-package/
« Last Edit: May 25, 2019, 03:49:19 am by Chosen Daughter »

Online corbe

« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2019, 03:48:21 am »
Dave Matthews Band - Typical Situation

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2019, 03:54:08 am »
Donald J. Trump
‏
Verified account

@realDonaldTrump
 May 23

More
The U.S. Senate has just approved a 19 Billion Dollar Disaster Relief Bill, with my total approval. Great!

4,128 replies
12,207 retweets
57,448 likes

Retweet

Online corbe

« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2019, 03:56:40 am »
   I'm too lazy to go look (besides I promised the Mods I'd stay out of there) but I'd bet RiV didn't post that tweet in her daily nuisance. 

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2019, 04:01:56 am »
   I'm too lazy to go look (besides I promised the Mods I'd stay out of there) but I'd bet RiV didn't post that tweet in her daily nuisance.

My guess is that she will say its great.  Best thing he's ever done.