Author Topic: Will the Media Ever Pay a Price for Its Irresponsibility?  (Read 231 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Will the Media Ever Pay a Price for Its Irresponsibility?
« on: May 24, 2019, 02:17:52 pm »
 Posted on May 23, 2019 by Steven Hayward
Will the Media Ever Pay a Price for Its Irresponsibility?

Anyone remember Samantha Smith? Don’t run away to look her up on Google; I’ll come back to her in a moment and explain why her name occurs to me just now.

Two large media meta-narratives prompt the title question here. First, Michael Avenatti. Finished laughing? Okay, good; to continue: Avenatti was entirely the creation of the media, right down to the idea, which CNN and MSNBC took seriously, that he could be a presidential candidate in 2020. It is emerging now that the media knew first hand that Avenatti is a first class jerk, from the outrageous and rude way he treated the low- and mid-level media people (producers, etc) he dealt with in his nonstop media campaign. But because he was saying what the media wanted to hear (Trump is a horrible human being), the media were willing overlook all of the slime this reptile was leaving in media green rooms and on TV sets. (No one thought to ask after an Avenatti visit, “Why is our green room looking especially slime green today??”) So now it emerges that Avenatti tried to blackmail Nike, and stole Stormy Daniels’s book advance, among other things. Heck, they way things are going for Trump, I expect that Daniels will come out in favor of Trump’s re-election before we’re done. At least she got to keep Trump’s payoff money.

Incidentally, Avenatti’s sensational stunt in the middle of the Kavanaugh hearings might have been the turning point that assured Kavanaugh’s confirmation. The unsupported allegation that Kavanaugh was part of a teen “rape gang” was so absurd that it blunted the Blasey-Ford allegations. I wondered at the time whether Avenatti was a Karl Rove plant.

more
https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2019/05/will-the-media-ever-pay-a-price-for-its-irresponsibility.php
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Will the Media Ever Pay a Price for Its Irresponsibility?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2019, 02:39:21 pm »
You have it backwards. The media get paid to BE irresponsible. That's where the money is for the media organization itself,and the power is for whoever owns that media organization.

Just look at all the money Red Ted Turner made from running CNN as an affiliate of the KGB,and the power it brought him personally for proof of this.

He lost CNN/got it taken away from him,and who has heard anything from or about him since? He could even be dead for all I know.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!