Author Topic: Rush: What Trump vs. Pelosi Is Really All About  (Read 343 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rush: What Trump vs. Pelosi Is Really All About
« on: May 23, 2019, 06:47:54 pm »

What Trump vs. Pelosi Is Really All About

May 23, 2019

RUSH: No, no, no, no. It’s not hard to understand what’s going on here at all. That’s easy. Explaining why this is happening is easy. Explaining the Democrat thinking and their behavior, now, that’s gonna take some work. But explaining why this is happening, why, that’s so simple that practically anybody could do it. You don’t need me for that, although I’m gonna provide you the answer.

Greetings, my friends. Rush Limbaugh back at it.

It happens every time I go away. Every time, everything blows to smithereens one way or another. I have to come back and try to use some semblance of sanity to put everything back together, which is what we’re gonna do today.

Happy to have you here and happy to be back. The telephone number is 800-282-2882, and if you want to send an email, it’s ElRushbo@eibnet.us.

Now, the reason all this is happening — and I’m assuming that everybody’s up to speed here on what happened yesterday, Trump and Pelosi. Basically the president told these guys, “You don’t get a do-over on these investigations, and you don’t get to keep doing this. And as long as you keep doing this, we’re not gonna do any legislation.”

Well, that caused all kinds of outrage, not just in the Democrat Party, but in the media. “What do you mean, you’re not? You know, presidents have to put up with this all the time. Nixon was investigated and he was still president and Clinton was investigated and he was still president. Trump can chew gum –“ It’s almost like I heard the media saying that the Democrats have a constitutional requirement to do what they’re doing, and they cannot be stopped, and Trump can’t stop them, and it’s just something that he has to put up with.

But all this, it’s kind of comical to watch when Trump tells ’em, “Look. You know what? I’ve had it with you people. We’re trying to move the country forward. We’re trying to move my agenda forward. We’re trying to bring you in. We’re trying to do some needed things on infrastructure, but I’m not gonna work with you as long as you keep up this investigation stuff.” And they just had a cow.

Now, what this is all about — and some of you may disagree with me, but it’s really simple. This is all about the fact that they got nothing on collusion with Russia. That’s what is driving all of this, the psychology of it. For two years or two and a half, whatever, I mean, even the time prior to Trump’s inauguration, they have lived, they have breathed every day the belief that Trump was toast. That whether Trump had colluded with Russia or not, somebody was gonna be able to prove it, quote, unquote. They believed it.

Journalists got up every day for two and a half years believing that was gonna be the day where the magic bullet news story or revelation or leak was going to happen that was gonna blow it wide open. They did everything they could to get Trump’s approval numbers down to the twenties and thirties, and they couldn’t do it. They have failed. They have bombed out royally in an effort they thought was a fait accompli. They thought it was just a matter of time that they were gonna get Trump and they were gonna reverse the election results.

Now, forgive me if this sounds redundant, but this is what is driving this. Their inability to accept that they failed, their inability to accept that there’s nothing there, their inability to accept that Trump did not collude, their inability to accept that Mueller didn’t find anything, their inability to accept that Trump did not obstruct justice, their inability to accept the fact that they failed in get rid of a Republican president when they believed day in and day out, Democrats and media, that when they want to, they can do it.

They’ve launched everything they know to launch at Trump, and it hasn’t succeeded. And they’re beside themselves. It is they who are losing their minds. It is they who are losing their grounding. It’s not the president. It’s not the president that’s off on wild, incomprehensive tangents. It’s these people. It’s Nancy Pelosi and the Democrat Party and their buddies in the media who are at their wits’ end.

So now Pelosi starts talking about Trump and a cover-up. A cover-up of something that he didn’t do! What in the hell is Trump supposed to have covered up? So it all came to a head yesterday. They’re supposed to have a meeting in there in the White House about infrastructure, Pelosi and Chuck You Schumer.

They show up at the White House, hopefully to get an agreement on the amount of spending for an infrastructure bill. And Trump just said (paraphrasing), “You know what? I’m outta here. I’m not gonna do this if you people continue with this investigation stuff. I’m not gonna do it. There’s no legislation, no moving forward as long as you’re doing this investigation stuff.”

And that’s when Pelosi comes out and says (paraphrasing), “You know what? I pray for the president. I worry about the president’s state of mind. I think the family needs to do an intervention. Clearly the president is highly distressed. And now the president’s engaged in a cover-up.” A cover-up of what? A cover-up of a crime that nobody can find. A cover-up of a crime that did not happen.

So Trump leaves the meeting, he goes out to the Rose Garden, spends 12 minutes out there explaining to everybody what went on and why he left the meeting. He was not mad. He was not agitated. Well, he might have been a little agitated, but he was not the raging, filled with anger figure that Pelosi and Schumer attempted to characterize him as.

When he was out there in the Rose Garden, he reminded everybody again of all the cooperation that he provided with this silent coup. He did everything they asked. He turned over documents, millions of pages, 30 hours of testimony by one White House lawyer alone, Don McGahn. He detailed how he didn’t do one thing to stop the investigation, to block the investigation, to obstruct the investigation.

And then he had the audacity to say that actually the crime was committed on the other side, which it was. Hillary Clinton and the Democrats engaging with the Russians to create the phony dossier, about which there’s even more news today, actually from Sunday.

So this is where we are. And one of the reasons Pelosi is in this situation is — see, Pencil Neck kind of let the cat out of the bag when he said we can’t do an impeachment because acquittal would not be acceptable. Meaning, they’re not gonna get the votes to acquit the president even if the House does impeach, and therefore they can’t impeach. But their lunatic base is demanding it.

So Pelosi is trying to hold off her lunatic base. She’s trying to keep them occupied. She’s trying to convince them that she agrees with them that Trump is deranged and insane and needs to go, all the while realizing she can’t actually follow through on any of this. And her party realizes even though there are a lot of people that want to go ahead with this.

They tried to take down the president of the United States, and they failed — and they can’t adapt. They can’t adjust. They can’t accept it. Now, the right perspective of this is something I’m not sure a lot of Americans are getting. The Drive-By Media is not telling you about these events of the past two days as I just did. The Drive-By Media’s reporting on this as though Pelosi is the final source authority, that Trump is mentally impaired, that we all need to be praying for the president, and that we should ask the Trump family to do an intervention to save the country and get rid of the president.

This is the angle that people who consume Drive-By Media as their primary news source get. That’s what they’re getting. I saw a poll the other day… Uhhh … Come on, memory! It was… Da-da-da-da I don’t want to take a guess at it. But it’s about the surprising number of people who still don’t know the truth about the dossier, which is a testament to the influential power the mainstream media still has. So the version of events that I just gave you — which is exactly what happened and the reason why — is not what the Drive-Bys, of course, are saying.

They’re carrying Pelosi’s water and suggesting that Trump is mentally impaired and that he ought to sit there and acknowledge that presidents get investigated by the House of Representatives, that Congress has oversight and the president should realize this and he should cooperate with it. This what all presidents have done. They have willingly cooperated with congressional attempts to destroy them, is what the media is suggesting.

The fact that Trump is resisting assisting the Democrats in their mission to destroy him means he’s lost his mind. So Pelosi goes out there today just before the program began and she had a press conference. She flat-out implied that Trump is mentally impaired. You know, they go back to this every time the latest attempt of theirs to get Trump fails. They always revert to Trump is mentally impaired or he is mentally unstable or he’s psychologically incapable. They always retreat to that, and she called for…

Honest. I was not making this up. She called for an intervention from family and staff. For what? He’s not an addict. So what are they supposed to intervene on here? What are they supposed to say? “Mr. President, you should realize that it is your duty to be investigated. It’s your duty to help this investigation. If the House of Representatives wants to destroy you, you are hereby called on to help them!” What…? Is that what the intervention is gonna be?

What cover-up? Trump isn’t covering anything up! This past 2-1/2 years has been a cover-up of the effort to exonerate Hillary Clinton and all of these people in the Obama administration who ran this little silent coup to get rid of Trump. That’s the cover-up. She’s out there saying that in that meeting in the White House yesterday before Trump went out to the Rose Garden, that he flipped, that he was mad, that he stalked out of that meeting; he was livid.

And she’s praying for him.

She said the president is assaulting the Constitution, and what she means by that is he’s not complying and helping them investigate every aspect of his life. They are seeking financial records that have nothing to do with tax returns. They’re seeking financial records of his family and his businesses. It’s unprecedented. No president has been forced to turn these kinds of things over. It’s irrelevant. It doesn’t matter to anything. But they are finding judges appointed by Obama that are giving favorable rulings to this.

A couple of banks have already turned over records. Wells Fargo and, I think, one other bank has already turned over these records before the administration could appeal these decisions. But if anybody’s losing their minds, it’s Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer and the rest of the Democrat Party right in front of our faces. Pelosi attacked the president yesterday an hour before the meeting! She accused him of committing a crime and then covering it up.

And all of this… If you’re scratching your head and saying, “What is it that I don’t know? What’s causing all of this? What did the president do that I haven’t heard about?” Nothing! Folks, I’m telling you: This has nothing to do with anything other than they didn’t get him with Mueller, with the media, with the DOJ, the FBI, the CIA, the NSA, MI5, MI6, the Australians. They all conspired to get Trump thrown out of office and overturn the election of 2016, and they failed, and they cannot accept it.

They are spoiled-rotten, dangerous little children. Pelosi actually is caught in a tight position where she might be struggling to keep her job because there are so many different factions in her party that want the party to do this or that and the other regarding Trump. She knows impeachment’s the wrong way to go, and one of the ways she’s trying to stave that off is she’s telling anybody who will listen that Trump wants to be impeached. “He’s begging to us impeach him. He’s asking us to do it!”

She’s trying to convince her people that Trump wants to be impeached because he knows it’ll strengthen his reelection bid. It’ll show the Democrats are overreaching and way out of touch. She’s trying to talk the lunatics in her party down and out from impeachment, while not doing that. She’s trying to make them think it’s only a matter of time. (paraphrased) “It’s gonna happen, but the president’s covering things up. Until the president’s more straightforward with us, we can’t move forward with this.”

They’re deranged.

It is striking to watch this. But then, of course, the mitigating factor is the media not reporting it this way at all. They’re reporting it from the exact opposite standpoint, that Pelosi/the Democrats are the ones being reasonable, that Trump’s still a criminal. (impression) “He probably did collude. Still can’t find the evidence, but it’s out there! Trump obstructed because he knows the evidence he colluded is there and he doesn’t want anybody to find it. Trump’s losing his mind because he thought he got away with it.

“Now they won’t let it go because they know he still did something!” That’s the way they’re covering it in the Drive-Bys, that Trump remains the problem.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Here’s Pelosi. This was from her weekly press conference today. This is near the end of it, and even though I mentioned her saying it, I wanted you to hear it yourself because it’s — it depends on the mood you’re in. You could hear this and just get literally smoking outraged. I mean, just angry as all — who does this woman think she is?

Then you temper that and you realize that these Democrats are teetering on the edge of sanity here. I cannot emphasize enough how they have been destroyed by the fact that Mueller found nothing. And I’ve got even more to tell you about that that is even more outrageous than you know or than you think. They had it all planned.

They had it all figured out, just like they believed their own soiled polls that showed Hillary Clinton winning in a landslide, they believed, even if they knew at first that it was all made up, they eventually came to believe that Trump had colluded with Russia and that Russia had impacted the election results and stolen the election from Hillary.

And if they didn’t believe that, they believed they were gonna be able to convince enough people to drive Trump’s numbers down and that Trump was gonna be forced out. They just knew it was gonna happen. And even before Mueller was appointed, they knew it was gonna happen. They had the media running the show for them. They had the Times and CNN and the Washington Post, four stories a day for all those first two years, they just knew it.

And then the Mueller report comes out, and I’m telling you, folks, that caused more psychological damage among Democrats than you will ever know. Have you ever at any point in your life been certain something you desperately want is either going to be provided, you’re gonna get it, or it’s gonna happen? I mean, you are as certain as it is possible to be, you have no doubt, and then you don’t get it?

This is what has happened to them, except in this case the stakes are more than just expecting a gift or a job or a raise or whatever it is that in your personal life you can maybe relate to. These people, we’re talking about the presidency and an election, and they were dead certain they were going to be able to reverse it. And they put all of their cards in Mueller. And when Mueller didn’t come back with anything, it wrecked ’em, and they still haven’t gotten over it, and they can’t move forward, and they are still now trying to make it happen.

They’re trying to make it happen in other ways. They’re trying to make Trump crazy. They’re trying to force him out. They’re trying to force his family and his friends to give up on him. They’re trying to make you give up on him. They’re trying to do anything. They’re trying to stall any kind of an agenda. They’re trying to make sure that immigration crises at the border get worse.

They don’t like the economy getting better. They are willing to do anything to get rid of this guy and the fact that he won’t take the bait and lose his temper and get mad at ’em and go off and do a Nixon speech like, “You won’t have Dick to kick around,” is driving them batty. And it is that that is imperiling our nation, they being on this teetering edge of sanity is what is causing us problems, not Donald Trump. Now, here’s Pelosi. This is what she actually said, the end of her press conference, I guess it was about an hour ago.

PELOSI: Now, this time, another temper tantrum. Again, I pray for the president of the United States. I wish that his family or his administration or his staff would have an intervention for the good of the country.

RUSH: He didn’t have a temper tantrum. He just simply refused to talk to them about infrastructure if they’re not gonna give up this stupid investigation stuff. He didn’t do anything. What they’re investigating, there’s nothing to find there. He knows it. They know it. They won’t give it up. He says, “I’m not gonna move forward on anything with you.”

Elections have consequences and this is what losing the House means. And it’s gonna be really tough to get anything of consequence done anyway because the Democrats have the House. But now temper tantrum? He didn’t have a temper tantrum. There’s no need for an intervention. In fact, I watched a little bit of this Trump rally in Pennsylvania last week or earlier this week. The days run together.

Donald Trump, to my estimation, appears to be the first president who looks to be getting younger in office. He looks to be getting more vivacious, more vim and vigor, more energy. He actually looks younger to me. By this time in his administration, Obama was starting to sprout the gray hairs and the stress of the job was showing up. Trump doesn’t appear to be showing anything of the sort. He literally seems to be getting younger to me. That just doesn’t happen. This office ages the occupants.

But Trump seems, in some ways, seems to thrive on this. ‘Cause I don’t think there is anybody else in the Republican Party, and maybe in the Democrat Party, who could put up with for a couple of days what Trump gets and has got. They couldn’t put up with it for a day. They’d be suing for peace or they’d be resigning. But he seems to thrive on it. And he seems to thrive on driving ’em crazy.

Let’s get started with how all this built up. We have a montage here Monday and Tuesday. What started all of this off, Pelosi starting to feel heat from the Trump-hating base and some of the radical members of her caucus. The Democrats on Monday and Tuesday were at the boiling point wanting to impeach Trump and get rid of him right now.

SHEILA JACKSON LEE: In the Nixon impeachment, a year before he was impeached, the American people were at 19%.

DAVID CICILLINE: It is time to open an impeachment inquiry.

VAL DEMINGS: We’re at the point of opening impeachment proceedings.

DAN KILDEE: I’m personally much more open to it now.

KATIE HILL: I am not at all ruling out impeachment.

PRAMILA JAYAPAL: Start that impeachment inquiry.

JACKIE SPEIER: An inquiry into impeachment is required.

STEVE COHEN: You throw the book at ’em. Start impeachment inquiries.

JOAQUIN CASTRO: Start impeachment. That’s what it’s come to.

MAXINE WATERS: My position on impeachment is what it has always been, and that is the president of the United States of America needs to be impeached.

RUSH: That was Auntie Maxine. Always good to hear from her, Auntie Maxine. Impeached for what? They didn’t find anything. You see, they’re going nuts here. He needs to be impeached for being innocent. He needs to be impeached for having the audacity for not having been found to have colluded! He needs to be impeached for getting away with it! He needed to be impeached because we couldn’t find any evidence, and that means he’s an even bigger criminal than we thought. He’s gotta get impeached because we hate his guts. He’s gotta be impeached because we can’t force him out.

Well, Pelosi knows this is going nowhere in the Senate. It’s not what she wants to do. But she’s a gotta placate them, because all of these people — and this is a bunch of Democrat representatives. I’m not gonna bother giving you their names. They’ve all got rabid voters out there that are propelling them. These are the people that think Twitter is the American public. They think what’s on Twitter is a majority of public opinion. So here is Pelosi yesterday in Washington after meeting with Democrats, she’s talking to reporters and said this.

PELOSI: We do believe that it’s important to follow the facts. We believe that no one is above the law, including the president of the United States, and we believe that the president of the United States is engaged in a cover-up. In a cover-up.

RUSH: Cover-up? Of what? A cover-up of a crime he didn’t commit. In fact, there never was a crime that Mueller was looking for. It was always a counterintelligence investigation. There never was a crime. He was not given a crime. They looked for a crime. They were hoping to make up some crimes, and they did make up some crimes for Manafort and Flynn.

But they were unable to make up any crimes about Trump. So what’s he covering up? He’s not covering up anything. The fact is, that’s what she’s gotta say to placate the rabid members of her caucus who want to start impeachment proceedings now. She’s gotta hold ’em off while making them think it’s eventually gonna happen. Then yesterday, this is in the Rose Garden, the president speaking to reporters after having walked out of his meeting with Pelosi and Chuck You Schumer.

THE PRESIDENT: Nancy Pelosi, just before our meeting, made a statement that we believe that the president of the United States is engaged in a cover-up. Instead of —

RUSH: Stop the tape! Stop the tape! Stop that and recue it! Does he sound angry to you? Does he sound unbalanced to you? Does the president sound like he’s on the edge, on the verge of losing it here? Does he sound as though he is not holding it together? Because that’s what Pelosi said. She said (impression), “He was steamed, he was out of his mind, he was angry! He stalked out of the meeting.” Listen to this and see if that is how you would describe Trump.

THE PRESIDENT: Nancy Pelosi, just before our meeting, made a statement that we believe that the president of the United States is engaged in a cover-up. Instead of walking in happily into a meeting, I walk in to look at people that have just said that I was doing a cover-up. I don’t do cover-ups. So here’s the bottom line: There was no collusion; there was no obstruction. I’ve said from the beginning — right from the beginning — that you probably can’t go down two tracks. You can go down the investigation track and you can go down the investment track — or the track of, “Let’s get things done for the American people.” All of a sudden, I hear last night they’re gonna have a meeting right before this meeting to talk about the I-word. The I-word! Can you imagine?

RUSH: Yeah, the impeachment word. So last night, ladies and gentlemen, I am watching cable news, ’cause I had to get back up to speed. I’d been off the grid for couple days. So I’m crash-coursing last night, getting up on things, and I saw a reporter. (It doesn’t matter who. They’re all the same as. Names are interchangeable, the thinking is identical.) I saw this Drive-By Media reporterette just fuming, just fuming at Trump for saying, “You can’t do both.”

(impression) “Presidents have to realize,” she said, “that they get investigated. Presidents have to realize the Constitution gives the Congress the right to oversight and to investigate them. And the president should not expect any different treatment from any previous president. And the fact that he will not engage in legislation and negotiations for legislation while being investigated…” She just kept harping on the Constitution and how Trump is violating everything, how he has a duty to do both.

“He has a duty to sit there and be investigated and he has a duty to sit there and work with the Democrats to help the Democrats get done what the Democrats want to get done. He’s got a duty to do that.” This is what she was saying, and it was vacant. All she kept going back to is the Constitution and its claim in Article I that the House, the Congress has oversight of the executive branch. This isn’t oversight. What they’re doing is not oversight. They’re attempting to get Trump thrown out of office!

And, of course, this infobabe reporterette will not speak of it in that regard. She’ll only talk about, “Well, this is a mandated duty! The House has a duty to investigate the president and kick him out of office if he deserves to be, and the president has a duty to cooperate in that effort,” she said. That’s a bunch of hokum. So this that Trump said has really set ’em off, the fact that it’s either gonna be legislation or no legislation.

(summarized) “‘Cause if you guys are gonna keep up with this investigation, we’re not working on anything together.” They are beside themselves! They’re used to Republicans caving. They’re used to Republicans giving in. They’re used to Republicans maybe putting up a phony fight of resistance but eventually acquiescing. Trump isn’t. They continue to be at their wits’ end, because Donald Trump does not play in any way like every other Republican they have ever dealt with and succeeded in intimidating or worse.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Let’s go to audio sound bite number 10. This is the president still in the Rose Garden yesterday. This is after he walked out of the meeting with Schumer and Pelosi, after telling them that it’s gonna be legislation or nothing. (paraphrased) “I’m not gonna sit here and continue to be investigated and work with you on legislation.”

By the way… And that’s a totally sensible point of view. If they are investigating things that he’s already been cleared of and they’re doing it over and over and over again and essentially trying to destroy him, then what in the world is there to talk about regarding infrastructure or anything else legislatively where they have no desire for him to succeed at all? So what is the point? And here’s the president basically addressing that.

THE PRESIDENT: I respect the courts. I respect Congress. I respect right here where we’re standing. But what they’ve done is abuse. This is investigation number four of the same thing, probably five. And it really started, I think, pretty much from the time we came down the escalator in Trump Tower. So I say to you that we’re gonna get everything done, we’re doing a lot without them. Let them play their games. We’re gonna go down one track at a time. Let them finish up, and we’ll be all set.

RUSH: Does he sound angry? Does he sound out of sorts? Does he sound like he’s on the verge of exploding? Does it sound like somebody needs to intervene there? Does it sound like he’s on the edge of the cliff waiting to jump? Does it sound like he’s at all out of sorts? No way! By the way, the day he does get angry, I want to be there and see it. Because it’s gonna be a show. Whenever that day does happen and it’s gotta happen at some point. You just can’t keep enduring this.

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2019/05/23/what-trump-vs-pelosi-is-really-all-about/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34