Author Topic: Pompeo: 'American Taliban' Release 'Unexplainable, Unconscionable'  (Read 432 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Theodore Bunker    |   Thursday, 23 May 2019 12:56 PM

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo on Thursday ripped the release of John Walker Lindh, the first American to be detained in the war on terror, as “deeply troubling and wrong,” CNN reports.

Lindh, who became known as “American Taliban” after his capture in Afghanistan where he had been a member of the Taliban, was released on Thursday after serving 17 of his 20-year sentence. He will spend the next three years under the supervision of his probation officer in Virginia.

"There is something deeply troubling and wrong about this," Pompeo told “Fox & Friends” in an interview.

Lindh has admitted, according to records of his interrogations, that he participated in a Taliban uprising in a detention camp located in northern Afghanistan that resulted in the deaths of hundreds of prisoners and CIA officer Johnny Michael Spann, though prosecutors have not said that Lindh was involved in the officer’s death.

more
https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/mike-pompeo-american-taliban-detainee-release/2019/05/23/id/917324/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Pompeo: 'American Taliban' Release 'Unexplainable, Unconscionable'
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2019, 06:50:07 pm »
I understand Ireland gave him citizenship.  Hopefully, he will go live there.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2019, 09:57:48 pm »
I understand Ireland gave him citizenship.  Hopefully, he will go live there.
We should motivate him to get there, preferably with some sized 18 army boots up his arse.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2019, 10:44:22 pm »
We should motivate him to get there, preferably with some sized 18 army boots up his arse.

I don't wear a size 18, but I'll do what I can. 

Offline Applewood

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2019, 12:38:41 am »
Thought  I read somewhere that Lindh's travel is restricted to the US.  Not that that would stop him from somehow participating in terrorism.  I don't buy any implication that Lindh somehow has reformed.

In any event, as I said in a prior thread, the outrage should be directed to whoever is responsible for Lindh being convicted of lesser charges.  Lesser charges allows the prisoner to be released earlier if he behaves himself and it was said that Lindh was a model prisoner.  Did Lindh get a plea deal and if so, in exchange for what? 

Offline corbe

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2019, 12:50:59 am »
   Why do the Irish hate us so much, has it something to do with that golf course Trump has over there or SCJ Roberts stealing two of their kids?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.