Author Topic: Ilhan Omar on Trump Voters: ‘Ignorance Really Is Pervasive in Many Parts of This Country’  (Read 450 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
BY: Cameron Cawthorne   
May 21, 2019 7:30 pm

Rep. Ilhan Omar (D., Minn.) on Tuesday castigated supporters of President Donald Trump by claiming America's problem with ignorance is "pervasive."

Omar appeared on the Nation’s "Next Left" podcast with host John Nichols to discuss various issues, including the intelligence of Trump supporters.

"So suddenly you’re elected, and you had this teaching moment. It strikes me that, in watching you, you are conscious of teaching moments and of that opportunity to say something that might cause people to think differently about what’s going on," Nichols said.

Omar said U.S. voters "have a misconception" about refugees and the process they face getting into the United States. She went on to specifically target Republicans in her criticism, saying they "are really good at misinformation and sort of really reorganizing facts to sort of paint a picture that really eventually is not rooted in facts."

She said Minnesota Republicans who want to stop refugees from coming to the state spread misinformation about how refugee resettlement works.

more
https://freebeacon.com/politics/ilhan-omar-on-trump-voters-ignorance-really-is-pervasive-in-many-parts-of-this-country/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

We are really lucky to have this runt savage on hand to critique our nation. Or else how would we know?

Thanks, Congressthing Omar, for being a living example of our irredeemably busted immigration policy.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 02:02:22 pm by skeeter »

Offline aligncare

Best description I’ve heard about this current phenomenon: the elites [Congress, big Media, Hollywood, top echelon of law enforcement and intelligence agencies, etc] have risen up against the people.

How else would you describe the 2016 election?

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Omar said U.S. voters "have a misconception" about refugees and the process they face getting into the United States. She went on to specifically target Republicans in her criticism, saying they "are really good at misinformation and sort of really reorganizing facts to sort of paint a picture that really eventually is not rooted in facts."

Sorta like the climate change and environmental hysteria of the left?
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Night Hides Not

Best description I’ve heard about this current phenomenon: the elites [Congress, big Media, Hollywood, top echelon of law enforcement and intelligence agencies, etc] have risen up against the people.

Establishment Republicans have proven they're against the ordinary citizen. Exhibit A is what Mitch and his cronies did to Chris McDaniel when he beat Thad Cochran.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline rustynail

‘Ignorance Really Is Pervasive in Many Parts of This Country’  yes but they are waking
up to the threat of the Islamocrats.

Offline Millee

We are really lucky to have this runt savage on hand to critique our nation. Or else how would we know?

Thanks, Congressthing Omar, for being a living example of our irredeemably busted immigration policy.

You said it nicer than what I was thinking. 

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Obama called us "bitter clingers". Clinton called us "deplorables". The Muzzy calls us "Ignorant".   

You would think they would learn by now that insults don't work to their advantage come election time.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline andy58-in-nh

I think 2016 was a Revolt of the Normals. What we have seen since is a Revolt of the Elites.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 02:39:49 pm by andy58-in-nh »
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Yeah,I have noticed that,too. It is most prevalent in the northern parts of the nation,though. Mostly along the coasts,but Mn gets prominent mention when it comes to ignorant fools.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I think 2016 was a Revolt of the Normals. What we have seen since is s Revolt of the Elites.

@andy58-in-nh

That had never occured to me,but damned if you didn't nail it. The Elites lost their nut when Trump was elected,haven't recovered since,and are getting more hysterical with every day that passes.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline libertybele

Obama called us "bitter clingers". Clinton called us "deplorables". The Muzzy calls us "Ignorant".   

You would think they would learn by now that insults don't work to their advantage come election time.

I'd rather be an ignorant Trump voter then a liberal bat crap crazy mental midget.  Oh, and I am proud to admit that I AM a WHITE CHRISTIAN FEMALE!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline dfwgator

She is right about that, but it's not who she thinks it is.