Author Topic: Tillerson told lawmakers Putin was more prepared than Trump for meeting: report  (Read 368 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Tillerson told lawmakers Putin was more prepared than Trump for meeting: report
By Chris Mills Rodrigo - 05/23/19 07:44 AM EDT

Former Secretary of State Rex Tillerson told lawmakers this week that Russian President Vladimir Putin was more prepared for a key meeting in Germany than President Trump, The Washington Post reported Wednesday.

U.S. officials reportedly expected a short meeting, but the discussion turned into a two-hour session covering several key geopolitical issues.

“We spent a lot of time in the conversation talking about how Putin seized every opportunity to push what he wanted,” a House Foreign Affairs Committee aide told the Post. “There was a discrepancy in preparation, and it created an unequal footing.”

Tillerson, who was fired in March 2018, spoke to a bipartisan group of lawmakers from the committee on Tuesday at the request of Rep. Eliot Engel (D-N.Y.), the panel's chairman.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/445165-tillerson-told-lawmakers-putin-was-more-prepared-than-trump-for
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Victoria33

@mystery-ak

Tillerson was CEO of Exxon.  Bob was head earth scientist at Exxon.  He says if Tillerson said Trump is a moron, then he is.  Bob supports Trump, so his saying this is new.  Bob said, knowing Tillerson, he would believe him rather than Trump on this.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
@mystery-ak

Tillerson was CEO of Exxon.  Bob was head earth scientist at Exxon.  He says if Tillerson said Trump is a moron, then he is.  Bob supports Trump, so his saying this is new.  Bob said, knowing Tillerson, he would believe him rather than Trump on this.

Except Tillerson didn't say "Trump is a moron".  He said that Putin was more prepared than was Trump, which is very different.  And whose fault was that, exactly?  From the article:

U.S. officials reportedly expected a short meeting, but the discussion turned into a more than two-hour session covering several key geopolitical issues.

So the underlings responsible for briefing the President were caught off guard by the scope of the meeting.  Given that, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if Trump was less prepared than Putin in that regard.  Perhaps more important is that this was a discussion, without any binding commitments made by either side.  There's no Olympic scoring or medals being handed out, so Putin being better briefed than Trump ultimately didn't matter.

Offline aligncare

More mud slinging. Not surprised, though.

What would be surprising is if the media actually covered Trump fairly, you know, report a few stories in the same slobbering way they reported on Obama—all positive, even down to reporting Obama’s bowel movements as ‘perfect’ creations.

Online corbe

Donald J. Trump
 âœ”  @realDonaldTrump 

Rex Tillerson, a man who is “dumb as a rock” and totally ill prepared and ill equipped to be Secretary of State, made up a story (he got fired) that I was out-prepared by Vladimir Putin at a meeting in Hamburg, Germany. I don’t think Putin would agree. Look how the U.S. is doing!

6:29 AM - May 23, 2019

Another hole in his 'I hire only the best people' theory BUT that doesn't top his insane rant yesterday about 'I don't do cover-ups'

Rebecca Ballhaus
 âœ”  @rebeccaballhaus 

Trump declared “I don’t do cover ups”—two weeks after his ex-lawyer, Michael Cohen, began a 3-yr prison sentence for crimes including arranging hush payments to two women to stop them from talking about alleged affairs with Trump. Prosecutors say he did so at Trump’s direction.

12:08 PM - May 22, 2019
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

Another hole in his 'I hire only the best people' theory BUT that doesn't top his insane rant yesterday about 'I don't do cover-ups'

ote

Donald J. Trump
 âœ”  @realDonaldTrump 

Rex Tillerson, a man who is “dumb as a rock” and totally ill prepared and ill equipped to be Secretary of State, made up a story (he got fired) that I was out-prepared by Vladimir Putin at a meeting in Hamburg, Germany. I don’t think Putin would agree. Look how the U.S. is doing!

6:29 AM - May 23, 2019

He hasn't hired any that he doesn't want to fire also.  His business style is like trying on bad shoes. 

Rebecca Ballhaus
 âœ”  @rebeccaballhaus 

Trump declared “I don’t do cover ups”—two weeks after his ex-lawyer, Michael Cohen, began a 3-yr prison sentence for crimes including arranging hush payments to two women to stop them from talking about alleged affairs with Trump. Prosecutors say he did so at Trump’s direction.

12:08 PM - May 22, 2019

No, obviously Cohen must have done that for himself.  Stupid guy.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.