Author Topic: Grand jury indicts former DeKalb County commissioner on bribery, extortion charges  (Read 773 times)

Online mountaineer

Democrat.
Grand jury indicts former DeKalb County commissioner on bribery, extortion charges
By Cal Callaway, Aungelique Proctor, FOX 5 News
Posted May 21 2019 09:05AM EDT
Updated May 21 2019 11:04PM EDT

STONE MOUNTAIN, Ga. (FOX 5 Atlanta) - A federal grand jury in the Northern District of Georgia has indicted former DeKalb County Commissioner Sharon Barnes Sutton on two counts of extortion and one count of bribery, the U.S. Department of Justice in Washington, D.C. announced on Tuesday.

Agents with the Federal Bureau of Investigation arrested Barnes Sutton, 59, at her DeKalb County home early Tuesday morning without incident. ...

The indictment alleges that in May 2014, Barnes Sutton accepted money from a contractor in exchange for the awarding of a contract for the Snapfinger Creek Advanced Wastewater Treatment Facility.  ...
Full story at FOX5 Atlanta

The perp

See also:
Outgoing DeKalb commissioner spent nearly $10,000 on 21-page report
News Jan 10, 2017
By  Mark Niesse, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Before DeKalb Commissioner Sharon Barnes Sutton left office, she spent $9,100 in taxpayer money to prepare a 21-page report about her eight years in county government, according to Channel 2 Action News.

The transition report lists her successes and challenges before she lost re-election last year to Steve Bradshaw, who now represents the Stone Mountain-area district.  ...
Full story

I cannot believe this woman hasn't been elected to Congress yet!

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online dfwgator

Democrat.Full story at FOX5 Atlanta

The perp

See also:Full story

I cannot believe this woman hasn't been elected to Congress yet!

Heck, I'm shocked she hasn't announced she's running for POTUS yet.

Online mountaineer

Heck, I'm shocked she hasn't announced she's running for POTUS yet.
There's room in that clown car stretch limousine for one more.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org