Author Topic: Christopher Steele's nugget of fool's gold was easily disproven — but FBI didn't blink an eye By Joh  (Read 215 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Christopher Steele's nugget of fool's gold was easily disproven — but FBI didn't blink an eye
By John Solomon, opinion contributor — 05/21/19 06:30 PM EDT

Of all the wild tales that Christopher Steele spun about Russia-Trump collusion during a visit to the State Department shortly before the 2016 election, only one was deemed worth forwarding to his FBI handlers.

Long hidden, the now-disclosed email speaks volumes about both the quality of Steele’s so-called intelligence gathering and the FBI’s willingness to vet an informant who was openly biased against Donald Trump, paid by Trump’s Democratic opponent, and motivated by an Election Day deadline.

Multiple sources confirm to me that the attachment that Deputy Assistant Secretary of State Kathleen Kavalec sent to then-FBI section chief Stephen Laycock on Oct. 13, 2016, was a summary from Steele’s company alleging Trump and Russia might be communicating through a computer server at Russia’s Alfa Bank.

This long-debunked allegation has floated around Washington since the summer of 2016, compliments of Hillary Clinton backers ranging from a university computer science professor who spread it across the internet to a lawyer for Clinton’s campaign who delivered it to the FBI in summer 2016.

more
https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/444884-christopher-steeles-nugget-of-fools-gold-was-easily-disproven-but-fbi
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
John Solomon has been taking a lot of flak from the left for reporting on this.  He has done a great job.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
John Solomon has been taking a lot of flak from the left for reporting on this.  He has done a great job.

John Solomon deserves a Pulitzer prize but will never get it!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien