Author Topic: California Declares War on Cops  (Read 1057 times)

rangerrebew

California Declares War on Cops
« on: May 22, 2019, 01:21:42 pm »
May 20, 2019
California Declares War on Cops

A legislative showdown is brewing in Sacramento over when and how police officers in danger can use deadly force. (USA Today)

At issue is Assembly Bill 392, known as the California Act to Save Lives, which would put the onus on officers to justify discharging their weapon, shifting the standard from “reasonable” – as defined by the Supreme Court’s Graham v Connor ruling in 1989 – to “necessary.” That means that, under the proposed bill, police must feel confident it is necessary to shoot to protect themselves or others from danger, or they could be prosecuted for killing a person.

Instead of reaching for their guns, officers would be pressed to engage in de-escalation tactics that aim to reduce tension between officer and suspect. Experts said these include listening to the suspect’s story, explaining the actions an officer is about to take and ensuring that the suspect’s dignity is preserved throughout the interaction.

https://youramerica.news/2019/05/20/california-declares-war-on-cops/

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: California Declares War on Cops
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2019, 01:33:18 pm »
I've seen this before in other States. Liberals want Cops to be Social Workers rather than Law Enforcement Officers.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2019, 01:50:53 pm »
In law enforcement, a few seconds hesitation can get you killed. Consequent to the proposed legislation, more police officers will die unnecessarily, and those politicians who helped tie their hands will of course blame their victims.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2019, 02:01:10 pm »

Yes, Bruce was once a "CHIP".

Offline The_Reader_David

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2019, 05:01:31 pm »
Actually, it is scandalous that our police have more permissive rules of engagement in dealing with the American public than our soldiers do in dealing with enemy combattants in war-zones. 

Whether the California law is too coarse or too extreme a solution to the problem remains to be seen, but something should be done about police being permitted to apply lethal force without ill-consequences to their careers (to say nothing of criminal or civil liability) in as broad a range of circumstances as they are currently.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2019, 06:03:04 pm »
I've seen this before in other States. Liberals want Cops to be Social Workers rather than Law Enforcement Officers.
TRUE STORY: I watched and re-watched many times, a video of a police officer shooting a young man after wrestling with him on the ground.

I took more time, to watch more, since I knew the deceased's mother. Big controversy on town's FB page.

It turned out that the deceased had brutally murdered an elderly man that tried to help him.

Officers must make quick decisions, in dangerous situations, and should not be burdened (slowed down) by social work.

The young lad was a veteran, father, husband, a son and homeless druggie.

His mother and sister had long term sobriety. He knew where to go for help.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln