Author Topic: It turns out that keeping waves of illegal immigrants out of our communities is a bipartisan goa  (Read 726 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
It turns out that keeping waves of illegal immigrants out of our communities is a bipartisan goal
Daniel Horowitz · May 20, 2019   

In retrospect, Donald Trump locked up the Republican presidential nomination the day he announced his candidacy. In words that will forever be etched in the minds of voters who were captivated by his boldness, Trump came down the escalator at Trump Tower on June 16, 2015, and announced, “The U.S. has become a dumping ground for everybody else’s problems.” He spoke directly to the unspoken concern of millions of Americans when he declared, “When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. … They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.”

Fast-forward four years later, and I think any border agent would tell you they would love to go back to the level of border problems they were dealing with in 2015 before the mass migration from Central America, and now, 50 other countries. During the month that Trump delivered the famous speech, there were 38,611 apprehensions at the border, and only a fraction of them were released. Now, over 100,000 are being apprehended every month. ICE has released 168,000 just since December 21, and another 33,000 were released directly by Customs and Border Protection (CBP) from March 19 to early May without ever having been processed in an ICE holding facility. The criminal elements are more empowered than ever to bring in gangs, criminals, and drugs. Indeed, America is a bigger dumping ground than ever before.

https://www.conservativereview.com/news/turns-keeping-waves-illegal-immigrants-communities-bipartisan-goal/
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline libertybele

It turns out that keeping waves of illegal immigrants out of our communities is a bipartisan goal
Daniel Horowitz · May 20, 2019   

In retrospect, Donald Trump locked up the Republican presidential nomination the day he announced his candidacy. In words that will forever be etched in the minds of voters who were captivated by his boldness, Trump came down the escalator at Trump Tower on June 16, 2015, and announced, “The U.S. has become a dumping ground for everybody else’s problems.” He spoke directly to the unspoken concern of millions of Americans when he declared, “When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. … They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.”

Fast-forward four years later, and I think any border agent would tell you they would love to go back to the level of border problems they were dealing with in 2015 before the mass migration from Central America, and now, 50 other countries. During the month that Trump delivered the famous speech, there were 38,611 apprehensions at the border, and only a fraction of them were released. Now, over 100,000 are being apprehended every month. ICE has released 168,000 just since December 21, and another 33,000 were released directly by Customs and Border Protection (CBP) from March 19 to early May without ever having been processed in an ICE holding facility. The criminal elements are more empowered than ever to bring in gangs, criminals, and drugs. Indeed, America is a bigger dumping ground than ever before.

https://www.conservativereview.com/news/turns-keeping-waves-illegal-immigrants-communities-bipartisan-goal/

So...it is obvious what he stated is true, but what if anything has he done to remedy the problem??  How can anyone ignore what is going on at the border and ignore the fact that Trump has done very little.  Certainly the numbers of illegal has increased dramatically, with no end in sight to the invasion.

His supporters (by all indicators from those in this forum) continue to pat him on the back.  WHY??
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Chosen Daughter

So...it is obvious what he stated is true, but what if anything has he done to remedy the problem??  How can anyone ignore what is going on at the border and ignore the fact that Trump has done very little.  Certainly the numbers of illegal has increased dramatically, with no end in sight to the invasion.

His supporters (by all indicators from those in this forum) continue to pat him on the back.  WHY??

I don't know. Your guess is as good as mine.  Certainly this country cannot absorb every Central American Nations ciitzens.  We can't pay for it.  But Trump is busy with his trillion dollar infrastructure deals and making sure that the investigations stop.  The country is spending its entire effort on Trump.  Either defending him or trying to impeach him.  The problem at the border is as one Border Patrol put it out of control.  They have lost control.  Donald Trumps "Lets make a Deal" has been the wrong doors opened and we are paying for it.  This situation is at its worst since Donald Trump made all kinds of rhetoric which never bore out with action.

Central American Towns Empty as Migrants Rush to U.S. Border Loopholes

Guatemala’s towns are emptying out as a growing number of migrants head north to accept the Democratic Party’s offer of open-border loopholes and low-wage jobs, say a growing number of local reports.

Roughly one percent of Guatemala’s population has migrated to the United States’ border since September 2018, according to the Department of Homeland Security. That adds up to roughly 170,000 migrants, and roughly one-third of those migrants come from the neighboring rural districts of Huehuetenango and San Marcos.

The result of this U.S. government policies is that many villages are with empty homes, fatherless families, absent men, and minimal investment. The Wall Street Journal reported:

https://www.breitbart.com/economy/2019/05/20/central-american-towns-empty-as-migrants-rush-to-u-s-border-loopholes/
« Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 09:20:52 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline libertybele

I don't know. Your guess is as good as mine.  Certainly this country cannot absorb every Central American Nations ciitzens.  We can't pay for it.  But Trump is busy with his trillion dollar infrastructure deals and making sure that the investigations stop.  The country is spending its entire effort on Trump.  Either defending him or trying to impeach him.  The problem at the border is as one Border Patrol put it out of control.  They have lost control.  Donald Trumps "Lets make a Deal" has been the wrong doors opened and we are paying for it.  This situation is at its worst since Donald Trump made all kinds of rhetoric which never bore out with action.

Central American Towns Empty as Migrants Rush to U.S. Border Loopholes

Guatemala’s towns are emptying out as a growing number of migrants head north to accept the Democratic Party’s offer of open-border loopholes and low-wage jobs, say a growing number of local reports.

Roughly one percent of Guatemala’s population has migrated to the United States’ border since September 2018, according to the Department of Homeland Security. That adds up to roughly 170,000 migrants, and roughly one-third of those migrants come from the neighboring rural districts of Huehuetenango and San Marcos.

The result of this U.S. government policies is that many villages are with empty homes, fatherless families, absent men, and minimal investment. The Wall Street Journal reported:

https://www.breitbart.com/economy/2019/05/20/central-american-towns-empty-as-migrants-rush-to-u-s-border-loopholes/

That stats are worrisome and mind boggling, yet here we sit!

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Chosen Daughter

That stats are worrisome and mind boggling, yet here we sit!

Exactly, now back to the scheduled programming and I bet you know what that is about.

Offline libertybele

Exactly, now back to the scheduled programming and I bet you know what that is about.

I keep waiting for some glimmer of hope, for something to be done, some sign of improvement or even some small attempt to stop what is happening. I just don't see it. 

What I find troubling is the MSM did actually report briefly on the crisis at the border, and now there seems to be silence which is never a good sign.  To me it only means that he problem is being kept from the public once again.  Out of sight, out of mind.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 09:47:49 pm by libertybele »

Offline Chosen Daughter

I keep waiting for some glimmer of hope, for something to be done, some sign of improvement or even some small attempt to stop what is happening. I just don't see it. 

What I find troubling is the MSM did actually report briefly on the crisis at the border, and now there seems to be silence which is never a good sign.  To me it only means that he problem is being kept from the public once again.  Out of sight, out of mind.

I haven't seen the silence.  Every day on every news site they are reporting.  And nothing. 

Offline dfwgator

Outside of President Trump, nobody wants to solve the problem.

Trump would have to become a dictator to get anything done,  and we sure wouldn't want that.

We are well and truly screwed.

Offline libertybele

Trump would have to become a dictator to get anything done,  and we sure wouldn't want that.

??? He can't direct border patrol to apprehend and deport?  He can't order the military to line the border?  He can't declare a moratorium on ALL migration into this country?  He can't let other countries know that the U.S. now has a zero tolerance policy on migration and those crossing the border will be dealt with and considered an enemy of the U.S.??  He can't direct that ALL governors, must ensure that current immigration laws be enforced? He needs to use the authority of the executive branch.  We are being invaded and I sure as heck don't understand why the situation isn't being treated as such.  How if the Russians  or Iranians were pouring over our southern borders, you mean to tell me that he would do nothing? 

Last time I checked, it was his duty as the President of this country to keep its citizen safe.  That he is not.  The only things that he has done is allow the UN to determine who qualifies for asylum and place them, including in the U.S.,  extend Mexico's compliance with curtailing migration by a year and sign a bill allowing states to opt out of a barrier!

Offline Chosen Daughter

??? He can't direct border patrol to apprehend and deport?  He can't order the military to line the border?  He can't declare a moratorium on ALL migration into this country?  He can't let other countries know that the U.S. now has a zero tolerance policy on migration and those crossing the border will be dealt with and considered an enemy of the U.S.??  He can't direct that ALL governors, must ensure that current immigration laws be enforced? He needs to use the authority of the executive branch.  We are being invaded and I sure as heck don't understand why the situation isn't being treated as such.  How if the Russians  or Iranians were pouring over our southern borders, you mean to tell me that he would do nothing? 

Last time I checked, it was his duty as the President of this country to keep its citizen safe.  That he is not.  The only things that he has done is allow the UN to determine who qualifies for asylum and place them, including in the U.S.,  extend Mexico's compliance with curtailing migration by a year and sign a bill allowing states to opt out of a barrier!

So far no answer.  I just can't understand how people can still pretend that Trump has no part in the current situation at the border.  BTW the Northern border is also having increased illegal immigration.  The only thing Trump has done is rhetoric without action that has brought one caravan after another.

Illegal immigration: Human smuggling at northern border

Wilson Ring, ASSOCIATED PRESS Published 7:00 a.m. ET July 25, 2018 | Updated 9:16 a.m. ET July 25, 2018

DERBY LINE – While the Trump administration fortifies the southern border, there’s growing concern over the number of foreigners entering the country illegally across the porous northern border with Canada.

People crossing the border between Vermont and Quebec have paid smugglers up to $4,000, usually payable when the immigrants reach their U.S. destination, according to officials and court documents.

Although the number of arrests is tiny compared with the southern border, the human smuggling is just as sophisticated.

Driving the increase here, officials said, is the ease of entry into Canada, where visas are no longer required for Mexicans, and a border that receives less scrutiny and resources than the southern border, where thousands fleeing violence in Central America are being detained.

In a sector that covers 300 miles of border with New York, Vermont and New Hampshire, agents have apprehended 324 people who crossed illegally from Canada so far this fiscal year, compared with 165 in 2017, according to figures prepared by the Border Patrol for the Associated Press. Last month, agents apprehended 85 people across the three states, compared with 17 in June 2017 and 19 in June 2016, statistics show.

“They are very well-organized. They have scouted the area. They have scouted us,” said U.S. Border Patrol Agent Richard Ross. “Basically, we are not dealing with the JV team; this is the varsity.”

https://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/story/news/2018/07/25/varsity-team-human-smugglers-vt-border/37097893/

Montreal
With all eyes on the U.S. southern border, illegal crossings from Canada quietly increase

Mexicans wanting to illegally enter the U.S. are flying over it first, landing in Canada and then walking south across the northern border — sometimes with the help of human smugglers, according to the RCMP and U.S. Border Patrol (USBP).

And the numbers of people doing that are going up, judging by how many people were apprehended for crossing the Canada-U.S. border illegally this year, compared to previous years.
In an area called the Swanton sector, which covers a part of New York State, Vermont and New Hampshire, 121 people were apprehended in the U.S. for crossing illegally from Canada in June, according to U.S. Customs and Border Protection, which oversees the USBP.

That's compared to less than half that number in the two previous years — 45 in June 2017 and 60 in June 2016.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/mexicans-crossing-us-canada-border-immigration-1.4760153

We need to stop this.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 04:00:35 am by Chosen Daughter »

Offline dfwgator

So far no answer.  I just can't understand how people can still pretend that Trump has no part in the current situation at the border.  BTW the Northern border is also having increased illegal immigration.  The only thing Trump has done is rhetoric without action that has brought one caravan after another.

The frustration is understandable.  On the other hand, what good would it be for Trump to do something that would just be overturned with the next Rat Administration?    I think he's looking at the long game,  issuing EOs  could help short-term,  but hurt the chances of coming up with a viable long-term solution.

Like it or not, the fact is, it most likely will take a second term for Trump to see those kinds of tangible results, but if done right,  it won't be able to be undone as easily once he leaves. 

Offline Chosen Daughter

The frustration is understandable.  On the other hand, what good would it be for Trump to do something that would just be overturned with the next Rat Administration?    I think he's looking at the long game,  issuing EOs  could help short-term,  but hurt the chances of coming up with a viable long-term solution.

Like it or not, the fact is, it most likely will take a second term for Trump to see those kinds of tangible results, but if done right,  it won't be able to be undone as easily once he leaves.

Well that's an excuse isn't it?  I think that most Americans now realize that the border is out of control.  I doubt that if the border was secured Americans would want to undo that.  Highly unlikely that it would be supported by the American people. 

Polls: Most Americans WANT MORE Border Security
By Kevin Jackson -
January 16, 2019

https://theblacksphere.net/2019/01/polls-most-americans-want-more-border-security/

« Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 05:29:46 am by Chosen Daughter »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@dfwgator

The posters here know that. They just want to dump on Trump because he isn't an establishment RINO like whatever freak it was they supported.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@libertybele

If he did do any of that on his own authority without the backing of Congress and the courts,which he ain't going to get,you and many other Party People would be jumping up and down and screaming "Nazi!" at him.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
@dfwgator

The posters here know that. They just want to dump on Trump because he isn't an establishment RINO like whatever freak it was they supported.

Amen.   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline dfwgator

Well that's an excuse isn't it?  I think that most Americans now realize that the border is out of control.  I doubt that if the border was secured Americans would want to undo that.  Highly unlikely that it would be supported by the American people. 

Polls: Most Americans WANT MORE Border Security
By Kevin Jackson -
January 16, 2019

https://theblacksphere.net/2019/01/polls-most-americans-want-more-border-security/

Well, the Midterms sure didn't suggest that.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Well, the Midterms sure didn't suggest that.

A few months of news reporting that 100 thousand and over are crossing every month will do the trick.  When crime increases due to MS-13 violence.  When people finally catch on that they can't afford to feed and provide for the invasion.  Midterms suggest to me that people have lost faith in Trump.  If he had been doing a great job and there was a defining difference between left and right I don't think it would have happened.  And the Muslims in Congress?  At least one went unopposed.  She won by default.  Because people cannot see that they have an option in their government that wants to work for them.  Republican Party is nothing but another arm of the Democrats.  If Trump was to do some great work with EO to stop the invasion I think he would be unbeatable.  But the wall is history.  Its only hope is swiss cheese along the border that allows immigrants to go to the portions of border unsecured.

What it will take is to stop the freebies.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 08:24:23 pm by Chosen Daughter »

Offline libertybele

@libertybele

If he did do any of that on his own authority without the backing of Congress and the courts,which he ain't going to get,you and many other Party People would be jumping up and down and screaming "Nazi!" at him.

??? What are you talking about?  He has the full authority to protect this country!!

Offline libertybele

A few months of news reporting that 100 thousand and over are crossing every month will do the trick.  When crime increases due to MS-13 violence.  When people finally catch on that they can't afford to feed and provide for the invasion.  Midterms suggest to me that people have lost faith in Trump.  If he had been doing a great job and there was a defining difference between left and right I don't think it would have happened.  And the Muslims in Congress?  At least one went unopposed.  She won by default.  Because people cannot see that they have an option in their government that wants to work for them.  If Trump was to do some great work with EO to stop the invasion I think he would be unbeatable.  But the wall is history.  Its only hope is swiss cheese along the border that allows immigrants to go to the portions of border unsecured.

What it will take is to stop the freebies.

I am convinced that this invasion is not going to stop until our country is completely transformed.  That has been the objective for quite sometime.  Trump hasn't done anything, nor did he do anything when he had the chance. 

Offline Chosen Daughter

I am convinced that this invasion is not going to stop until our country is completely transformed.  That has been the objective for quite sometime.  Trump hasn't done anything, nor did he do anything when he had the chance.

He never wanted to.  People were not listening.  He had a touchback amnesty plan.  He is all pro business.  It isn't even enough that the 100's of thousands that have crossed illegally in the last few month will be taking jobs and applying for welfare benefits.  No, he has to increase the Visa's also.  I just posted how they increased HB Visa's for low wage workers by 30,000 on top of another 30,000 previously  What a scam.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 08:41:32 pm by Chosen Daughter »