Author Topic: Trump expected to name Ken Cuccinelli to immigration role  (Read 432 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Trump expected to name Ken Cuccinelli to immigration role
« on: May 21, 2019, 11:47:48 pm »
Trump expected to name Ken Cuccinelli to immigration role
NBC, May 21, 2019

WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump is expected to name Ken Cuccinelli, a former attorney general of Virginia, to a top job at the Department of Homeland Security overseeing the administration’s immigration policies.

Trump has been discussing appointing an “immigration czar” for months, but a White House official did not clarify to NBC News what Cuccinelli’s title and official job responsibilities might be. Trump's official announcement could come as soon as this week.

Trump was considering Cuccinelli and former Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach for the newly created immigration position. But Kobach came under scrutiny this week when he reportedly demanded a list of requirements for the job, including access to a government plane, a future position in the president's Cabinet, as well as unprecedented access to the president.

Cuccinelli, who met with Trump and other administration officials in the Oval Office on Monday, has been seen as an immigration hard-liner, in line with White House advisers such as Stephen Miller. He served as the Virginia attorney general from 2010 to 2014 before running unsuccessfully for governor in 2013.

More:  https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/trump-expected-name-ken-cuccinelli-immigration-role-n1008366

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Re: Trump expected to name Ken Cuccinelli to immigration role
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2019, 06:00:48 am »
Can he change welfare rules?  Can he stop the freebies?  If he can't then he is useless.  Well practically that is.   Because that is what it is going to take to stop the migration of illegal immigrants.  To  also stop companies from wanting to hire them.  Illegals work for cheap because they get everything paid for them.  That is the real reason it works for both illegal aliens and the people who employ them when they get here.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 06:09:10 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2019, 06:26:00 am »
Can he change welfare rules?  Can he stop the freebies?  If he can't then he is useless.  Well practically that is because that is what it is going to take to stop the migration of illegal immigrants.  To  also stop companies from wanting to hire them.  Illegals work for cheap because they get everything paid for them.  That is the real reason it works for both illegal aliens and the people who employ them when they get here.
Rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.  President Trump needs a new face to blame for Administration failure.

The President made it very clear only one thing can change welfare rules, and stop the freebies.  Only one thing can stop companies from wanting to hire illegals.

Wall.

Because if something else could stop an illegal from entering legally and overstaying their visa, I'm sure President Trump would be working on it.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2019, 06:37:04 am »
Rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.  President Trump needs a new face to blame for Administration failure.

The President made it very clear only one thing can change welfare rules, and stop the freebies.  Only one thing can stop companies from wanting to hire illegals.

Wall.

Because if something else could stop an illegal from entering legally and overstaying their visa, I'm sure President Trump would be working on it.

Oh yeah that wall.  The one with many holes.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online libertybele

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2019, 11:11:59 am »

Oh yeah that wall.  The one with many holes.

Yes, that wall, the one that can't be completely built because he himself singed a bill allowing states to opt out of a barrier.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2019, 11:20:21 am »

Wall.

That's pretty much about it. I can't believe Trump would even consider him and I shook my head when I heard his pick. Trump is notorious for picking the wrong people! Cuccinelli has no problem with a 'path to citizenship' for ILLEGALS as part of a greater compromise.  I'd say, that's pretty much amnesty!   

Cuccinelli said he wanted to see "some sort of compromise reached on immigration" and said a path to citizenship "could be part of the proposal."
Source: Washington Post on 2013 Virginia governor debates , Jul 21, 2013
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline verga

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2019, 12:42:43 pm »
BKMK
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2019, 12:45:28 pm »
That's pretty much about it. I can't believe Trump would even consider him and I shook my head when I heard his pick. Trump is notorious for picking the wrong people! Cuccinelli has no problem with a 'path to citizenship' for ILLEGALS as part of a greater compromise.  I'd say, that's pretty much amnesty!   

Cuccinelli said he wanted to see "some sort of compromise reached on immigration" and said a path to citizenship "could be part of the proposal."
Source: Washington Post on 2013 Virginia governor debates , Jul 21, 2013

What?  No quote from TWP from 2003?