Author Topic: Top Veteran Immigration Officer: Why Is Government Not Shutting Down the Flow at the Border?  (Read 1708 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Nobody is saying they are condoning the invasion.  And it's an invasion.   BUILD THE WALL!

Laws are not being enforced.  It has morphed into a humanitarian event.  Planned as it was.

The problem here is that we border Washington, DC.

Montgomery County has always been a TOP 10 per capita county nationally.

If the assistance for more taxpayers is limited to one generation, it's an investment by the government.

No different than my Sicilian grandmother watering her tomatoes.   :laugh:

My Irish grandmother would have been standing next to the plants praying "the good Lord willing".   It sounded really beautiful through her brogue  happy77

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
My Irish grandmother would have been standing next to the plants praying "the good Lord willing".   It sounded really beautiful through her brogue  happy77

:beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
@austingirl
Just caught the ass-end of an conversation Tucker Carlson was having in an interview with Dr. Ben Carson.

Dr. Carson, current Secretary of Housing and Development maintains that America's poor and homeless should get federal priority, rather than those pouring across our borders.

Poppycock!!!

America is the Land of Opportunity.  Literally.  You get off your ass and work and by miracle, you earn money to afford your life to proceed with dignity.

Personally, I'd hire a man or woman who traveled hitched a train ride and took risks in a desert, getting here...than somebody who is sleeping outside on the city streets, blocks away from the job.

@DCPatriot
I'd never give preference to an illegal over a citizen. I'd damn sure cut welfare for able-bodied citizens. Someone sleeping on the streets is probably mentally ill and/or on drugs brought in by the invaders.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online DCPatriot

@DCPatriot
I'd never give preference to an illegal over a citizen. I'd damn sure cut welfare for able-bodied citizens. Someone sleeping on the streets is probably mentally ill and/or on drugs brought in by the invaders.

Let me clarify my earlier statment, please. 

I was coming from an employer's perspective.   Economy has been roaring and jobs go begging.

When an individual doesn't have a job, yet gets by each month by assistance or panhandling, etc., they tend to get 'satisfied' with their station and lack the drive and passion to get out of that situation.

I'll go with an individual who trekked here full of dreams and promise.    :shrug:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Let me clarify my earlier statment, please. 

I was coming from an employer's perspective.   Economy has been roaring and jobs go begging.

When an individual doesn't have a job, yet gets by each month by assistance or panhandling, etc., they tend to get 'satisfied' with their station and lack the drive and passion to get out of that situation.

I'll go with an individual who trekked here full of dreams and promise.    :shrug:

Oh, there's dreams and promises allright.  Your statement might make sense if it weren't for:

63% of Non-Citizen Households Access Welfare Programs Compared to 35% of native households

https://cis.org/Report/63-NonCitizen-Households-Access-Welfare-Programs

Census confirms: 63 percent of 'non-citizens' on welfare, 4.6 million ...
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/census-confirms-63-percent-of-non-citizens-on-welfare-4-6-million-households

Anonymous View

Dec 3, 2018 ... Non-citizens in the data include illegal immigrants, long-term temporary ... Welfare use drops to 58 percent for non-citizen households and 30 ...In a new analysis of the latest numbers, from 2014, 63 percent of non-citizens are using a welfare program, and it grows to 70 percent for those here 10 years or more, confirming another concern that once immigrants tap into welfare, they don’t get off it.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/census-confirms-63-percent-of-non-citizens-on-welfare-4-6-million-households

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Excellent question!

I have been wondering about the same thing myself,as well as why they don't just immediately turn around the ones they just caught,and herd them straight back across the border. No pass go,no collect 200 dollars,just a electronic prod in the ass to keep them moving until they are out of the country.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Old laws that president TRUMP wants changed and demon-rats and RINO'S won't vote for them.  Like; REMOVE ALL WELFARE FOR ILLEGALS.  NO MORE PERKS OF ANY KIND.  Drivers license...but no need to get car insurance!  We have to do that. 

No more LOTTERY.  NO MORE VISAS.  No more chain migration.  DEMOCRATS WIL NOT CHANGE THOSE LAWS. 

8 YEARS OF OPEN BORDERS WITH OBAMA. 9TH CIRCUIT COURT...blocking president TEMP shut down from islamists coming in.  till properly vetted.   Same countries obama used.  NATIONAL EMERGENCY BLOCKED BY DIRTY DOZEN...RINO'S.

LA RAZA..attorneys, islamist attorney's...blocking president TRUMP.  Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer, Maxine Waters, stopping president TRUMP.  Cory Booker...KAMALA HARRIS.  Joe Biden.   OBAMA & Hillary still behind the scenes working against president TRUMP.  Hoax Russian dozzier.  MITT ROMNEY bad mouthing my president.  And on, & on, & on......

What was the question?

@LegalAmerican

And while we are at it,"DO NOT ALLOW ANYMORE CHINESE STUDENTS INTO OUR COUNTRY TO BE EDUCATED AND STEAL OUR TECHNOLOGY BY SENDING ENGINEERING PLANS BACK TO CHINA.

Online libertybele

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online DCPatriot

Oh, there's dreams and promises allright.  Your statement might make sense if it weren't for:

I've admitted that they receive welfare benefits right here in the conversation.

But, it's an investment.  And here in Montgomery County, MD, the taxpayer base has exploded.

* They're virtually all Catholic.   (don't snicker)  :laugh:
* They make lots of babies.

Somebody has to replenish the FICA pond.   I recall back in the late Clinton years, it was revealed that there was over $586M in collected FICA taxes from fraudulently used SS numbers.

Who in the hell is going to want that to stop?

It must be my age....coming to terms with my own mortality. 

Whether they came thru Ellis Island, like my grandparents, or they were dropped off by the government, those children are not to blame.

And it could be a helluva lot worse.  They could be devout Muslims. (see Europe)

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
I've admitted that they receive welfare benefits right here in the conversation.

But, it's an investment.  And here in Montgomery County, MD, the taxpayer base has exploded.

Somebody has to replenish the FICA pond.   I recall back in the late Clinton years, it was revealed that there was over $586M in collected FICA taxes from fraudulently used SS numbers.

Whether they came thru Ellis Island, like my grandparents, or they were dropped off by the government, those children are not to blame.

And it could be a helluva lot worse.  They could be devout Muslims. (see Europe)

Sounds like you are suggesting that "pragmatism" rules the roost?

Online libertybele

Who says that devout Muslims aren't pouring over our borders??  Does anyone really know?  With the tremendous surge coming in from over 50 different countries, I highly doubt that they are able to keep track and no one know how many are coming in that aren't unaccounted for.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@DCPatriot

That's two strikes.

Not true. At Ellis Island all the new immigrants were wanting to be Americans,not Europeans living in America. They were also checked for diseases,and for criminal backgrounds,as best they could check back then. Anyone rejected was put on a boat back to Europe,not put up in government housing,eating government food and wearing government clothing.

Damned at the difference. They are foreign invaders who come here to pillage the land with no intention of actually becoming Americans. They are nothing less than enemy invaders.

Online libertybele

Excellent question!

I have been wondering about the same thing myself,as well as why they don't just immediately turn around the ones they just caught,and herd them straight back across the border. No pass go,no collect 200 dollars,just a electronic prod in the ass to keep them moving until they are out of the country.

Part of the problem in Trump's infinite wisdom he agreed to allow the U.N. to determine who is granted asylum and what country to place them in, including the U.S.  Then after the fact he tried to revamp asylum laws and that failed.  He should have told the U.N. to go take a hike. 

Now our military is stuck processing paperwork and babysitting kids in tent cities along the border. 

No easy solution at this point other than for him to order the military to stop the invasion with force.  I certainly don't think anyone wants to see violence, but our country's borders need to be secured and our citizens free from being attacked by mobs coming across.  It IS the President's job!!  He's not doing it.  WHY?  Continues to be the question.

Online DCPatriot

Sounds like you are suggesting that "pragmatism" rules the roost?

Yes, sir!   :patriot:    happy77

Online libertybele

Yes, sir!   :patriot:    happy77

Well, hopefully when the Muslims move into your neighborhood, you won't mind a bit, and make sure you attend the townhall meeting when they want to change zoning to allow for a mosque!

By Lauren Talley • Feb 2, 2018

The call to prayer is broadcast five different times during the day over a loadspeaker on top of the American Moslem Society in Dearborn, Mich

https://www.michiganradio.org/post/mornings-michigan-dearborn-residents-wake-sacred-chant
« Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 12:15:44 am by libertybele »

Online libertybele

Here are the latest stats on Hamtramck (15 minutes from Dearborn, pictured above).

The overall crime rate in Hamtramck is 33% higher than the national average. For every 100,000 people, there are 10.01 daily crimes that occur in Hamtramck. Hamtramck is safer than 9% of the cities in the United States. In Hamtramck you have a 1 in 28 chance of becoming a victim of any crime.

Do you think they are coming here in peace @DCPatriot ??? 

Online DCPatriot

Well, hopefully when the Muslims move into your neighborhood, you won't mind a bit, and make sure you attend the townhall meeting when they want to change zoning to allow for a mosque!

By Lauren Talley • Feb 2, 2018

The call to prayer is broadcast five different times during the day over a loadspeaker on top of the American Moslem Society in Dearborn, Mich

https://www.michiganradio.org/post/mornings-michigan-dearborn-residents-wake-sacred-chant

You must not have been following the conversation.  I've said that we're lucky the hoard is 90% Hispanic/Catholic.

Yes, I try to live my life with a pragmatic outlook. 

We have fallen below the birth/death replacement rate for many years.  Fault of Feminism...but that's for another thread.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
You must not have been following the conversation.  I've said that we're lucky the hoard is 90% Hispanic/Catholic.

Yes, I try to live my life with a pragmatic outlook. 

We have fallen below the birth/death replacement rate for many years.  Fault of Feminism...but that's for another thread.

Could also be a result of wage depression caused by massive immigration.  So many Americans can't afford to have the families they want.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Who says that devout Muslims aren't pouring over our borders??  Does anyone really know?  With the tremendous surge coming in from over 50 different countries, I highly doubt that they are able to keep track and no one know how many are coming in that aren't unaccounted for.

Of course they are. They are catching people from 50 different countries.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Could also be a result of wage depression caused by massive immigration.  So many Americans can't afford to have the families they want.

Amen.  We are busy paying for other people's families.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 03:10:32 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Are you sure it isn't Santeria.  Catholicism mixed with Voodoo?

Mexican folk religion involving human sacrifice gaining status among criminals

A Mexican folk religion involving human sacrifice and devoted to "Holy Death" is growing in popularity among drug traffickers and violent criminals, prompting Texas officials and the Catholic Church to warn about honoring the so-called "Saint Death."

Authorities are speaking out about the religion devoted to La Santa Muerte, which translates to “Holy Death” and "Saint Death," that has gained popularity steadily since the late 1980s among Mexican-American Catholics.

“She’s not a saint. There is nothing good that can come out of praying to her,” Sante Fe Archbiship John Wester said in February. “We have a lot of saints who represent the teaching of Jesus Christ. This is an aberration.”

Clad in a black nun’s robe and holding a scythe in one hand, Santa Muerte appeals to people seeking all manner of otherworldly help, from fending off wrongdoing and carrying out vengeance to people seeking protection for their drug shipments against law enforcement.

Devotees often use Catholic prayers and set up shrines in "her" honor.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/mexican-folk-religion-involving-human-sacrifice-gaining-status-among-criminals
« Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 04:12:31 am by Chosen Daughter »

Offline LegalAmerican

@DCPatriot

That's two strikes.

Not true. At Ellis Island all the new immigrants were wanting to be Americans,not Europeans living in America. They were also checked for diseases,and for criminal backgrounds,as best they could check back then. Anyone rejected was put on a boat back to Europe,not put up in government housing,eating government food and wearing government clothing.

Damned at the difference. They are foreign invaders who come here to pillage the land with no intention of actually becoming Americans. They are nothing less than enemy invaders.

Correct. And we had to have a SPONSOR to come into America, be self sufficient, NO WEFARE..not that any Europeans even thought of that! We filled out our forms, paid the fees..received shots...STAYED IN QUARANTINE...about 3 weeks.  As a kid, I remember getting white powder sprayed into my hair.  We were cleaner than the people doing that.

Correct on it all Pete.  They fly their flag, while wanting our American help.  ILLEGAL INVADERS.