Author Topic: New hope for arthritic pets  (Read 991 times)

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
New hope for arthritic pets
« on: May 21, 2019, 10:12:39 pm »
https://denver.cbslocal.com/2019/05/21/dog-hip-dysplasia-study-arthritis-pain-pets-colorado-colorado-animal-pain-center-northglenn-rob-landry/

I hope they can also come up with gene therapy for dogs that suffer with skin allergies. My little dog suffered terribly and had to take meds that have side effects that take their toll. If I didn't give her those, she would end up with one skin infection after another from scratching and chewing herself for relief. I know it shortened her life, but I couldn't let her continually suffer while she was alive. She also could have benefitted from the arthritis advances in the article.

-------------------------

P.S. I'm sorry, y'all. I know this isn't where I'm supposed to post this, but I can't find the thread where I wanted to post it. I can only find that thread when someone has posted to it since the last time I clicked on it. I get so lost on TBR because there are more divisions than Carter has liver pills.  :shrug:  So, I'm posting this here and trusting that one of the mods will move it to that pet thread.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline Applewood

Re: New hope for arthritic pets
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2019, 10:32:23 pm »
@AllThatJazzZ

As advances are made in human medicine, so does veterinary medicine advance.  I'm just sorry this wasn't available to your baby.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2019, 11:09:50 pm »
@AllThatJazzZ

As advances are made in human medicine, so does veterinary medicine advance.  I'm just sorry this wasn't available to your baby.

@Applewood

Me, too, Applewood. There are so many of us who would do whatever we could to give our pets the best care + the longest life possible. I'm thankful for the advances that have been made and look forward with great anticipation for new ones. I wish they'd hurry, though, since I'm getting up in age!

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline Mod1

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2019, 11:35:35 pm »
Moving this to the Health thread. Thanks for posting, ATJ.