Author Topic: John Walker Lindh, American ex-Taliban militant, set to walk free Thursday  (Read 465 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
John Walker Lindh, American ex-Taliban militant, set to walk free Thursday

By Greg Norman, Hollie McKay | Fox New

The Islamic militant who became known as the infamous  "American Taliban" member is set to be released from a U.S. federal prison Thursday despite lawmakers' concerns about the “security and safety implications” of freeing an unrepentant terrorist who officials say continues to “openly call for extremist violence.”

John Walker Lindh, who is currently behind bars in Terre Haute, Indiana, is set to be discharged May 23, several years before he would complete the prescribed 20-year prison sentence he received for joining and supporting the Taliban. The former Islamist fighter and enemy combatant, named “Detainee 001 in the war on terror,” was arrested in 2001, just months after the Sept. 11 attacks and the start of the war in Afghanistan, along with a group of Taliban fighters who were captured by U.S. forces.

“We must consider the security and safety implications for our citizens and communities who will receive individuals like John Walker Lindh, who continue to openly call for extremist violence,” Sens. Richard C. Shelby, R-Ala., and Maggie Hassan, D-N.H., wrote in a letter to the Federal Bureau of Prisons late last week that was obtained by the Washington Post.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/us/american-ex-taliban-militant-to-be-freed
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I hope he gets hit by a bus.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Daughter of American man killed after speaking with John Walker Lindh calls his early release 'a slap in the face'
https://www.foxnews.com/us/mike-spanns-daughter-on-john-walker-lindhs-early-release-its-a-slap-in-the-face
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline dfwgator

I hope he gets hit by a bus.

Why would you want to damage a perfectly good bus?

Offline dfwgator

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

I wonder what ever became of his pet, Wolfboy.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Applewood

If I'm reading Lindh's story right, he was convicted of some relatively minor charges, not the ones that would have ensured his imprisonment for life or worse.  If he behaved himself in prison, he had to be let go -- could not be kept.  Perhaps the fault lies in the prosecutors, Lindh's attorneys and/or the courts for not ensuring that he stay in prison or better yet, be executed.  Why were more serious charges swept away?

I'm annoyed that the news outlets describe Llindh as an ex-Taliban or something similar -- implying somehow that he has been reformed and no longer is a danger.  Yeah, right!