Author Topic: House Democrats accuse Ben Carson of throwing children on the street with immigration rule  (Read 277 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
House Democrats accuse Ben Carson of throwing children on the street with immigration rule
by Colin Wilhelm
 | May 21, 2019 01:09 PM

House Democrats accused Housing and Urban Development Secretary Ben Carson Tuesday of moving to take away housing from U.S. citizens, especially children, with a proposed rule targeting subsidies for illegal immigrants and their families.

“Your plan to create vacancies by making [an estimated] 55,000 American children homeless is among the most damaging proposals I have ever seen in public policy, and quite frankly I find it despicable,” Rep. Carolyn Maloney, D-N.Y., told Carson at a Financial Services Committee hearing. “By evicting mixed-status households, you will rip apart families and throw children on the street.”

Carson defended the rulemaking as following law to prevent illegal immigrants from receiving housing subsidies and prioritizing the needs of other U.S. citizens.

“The secretary has the duty to end assistance if he finds that someone is violating that,” Carson said.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/economy/house-democrats-accuse-ben-carson-of-throwing-children-on-the-street-with-immigration-rule
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Boo freaking hoo.  Way to go Ben Carson!  Let the rats offer them safety and comfort in their own homes on thier dime...not mine.

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.