Author Topic: Equality Act Would Criminalize Christianity  (Read 256 times)

Offline Millee

Equality Act Would Criminalize Christianity
« on: May 21, 2019, 03:05:36 pm »
Democrats in the House are celebrating Friday’s vote to pass The Equality Act, a misnamed legal jackhammer that would add “sexual orientation” and “gender identity” to federal civil rights law.

It goes far beyond allowing men into women’s sports and locker rooms, as bad as that is.  It provides the state with the power to persecute anyone who won’t celebrate any aspect of the LGBTQ agenda.

Far from merely expanding civil rights categories, it turns any recognition of the differences between the sexes or any preference for traditional sexual morality into actionable “hate,” creating fertile grounds for lawsuits. 

“It is the most dangerous bill to freedom of speech and the free exercise of religion that has ever been proposed on a national level,” says Houston Baptist University Prof. Robert Gagnon, an expert in biblical sexual morality. “It will codify into law that you are a bigot, the moral equivalent of a racist, tantamount to being a member of the Klu Klux Klan, who must be shut out of society and, wherever possible, harassed and persecuted for your beliefs.”

In other words, it would criminalize Christianity, an ongoing process that got a big boost from the Supreme Court’s 2015 ruling on same-sex “marriage.”

This draconian bill passed by a vote of 236-173, with 8 Republicans joining 228 Democrats. Another 16 Republicans and 7 Democrats did not vote.
CARTOONS | AF Branco
View Cartoon

The U.S. Chamber of Commerce has actually endorsed it, too.  When did destroying the moral order and paving the way for more lawsuits against businesses become part of the chamber’s mission?  Pouring legal acid on a marriage-and-family-based culture will not lead to a more stable society of upwardly mobile consumers.  America is only as prosperous as its families are strong.

Many people are complacent because Republicans control the Senate and won’t allow it to become law – this time.  Also, the Trump administration has announced its opposition.

But some weasel GOPers suggest a “carveout” for churches, leaving everyone else – tens of millions of Christians and observant Jews – at the mercy of a government run by LGBTQ activists who have no patience for resistance of any kind. In any case, the bill specifically rules out religion-based defenses.

More: https://townhall.com/columnists/robertknight/2019/05/21/equality-act-would-criminalize-christianity-n2546600

The left is flat out evil.   9999hair out0000

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Re: Equality Act Would Criminalize Christianity
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2019, 03:15:21 pm »
Codifying the mandatory acceptance of mental illness? No, thanks.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline bilo

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2019, 03:25:56 pm »
In other words, it would criminalize Christianity, an ongoing process that got a big boost from the Supreme Court’s 2015 ruling on same-sex “marriage.

It's so frustrating to me that most people I encounter think it was a good thing when Kennedy cast the deciding vote that opened the door to homosexual marriage. Most people mocked the idea that this was the "camel's nose" and would ultimately lead to the end of our Judeo-Christian society. Yet, here we are looking at the end goal of the lgbtqzxys.

I'm sure this bill will go nowhere in the Senate, but if the Senate was in the hands of the Rats I have no doubt it would go to the President's desk.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline bilo

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2019, 03:29:19 pm »
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce has actually endorsed it, too.  When did destroying the moral order and paving the way for more lawsuits against businesses become part of the chamber’s mission?  Pouring legal acid on a marriage-and-family-based culture will not lead to a more stable society of upwardly mobile consumers.  America is only as prosperous as its families are strong.

I get so sick and tired of these "super smart MBA types" that don't have the commonsense to see that the social issues and financial issues are intertwined.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2019, 03:46:10 pm »
The weirdest part of the LGXYZ is that some women support it.
Women are being pushed out of their bathrooms by perverts who may or may not assault them.
Their Sports are being increasingly dominated by men. They are losing everything and yet they either support it or they do nothing to fight it. Strange?
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline bilo

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2019, 04:03:46 pm »
The weirdest part of the LGXYZ is that some women support it.
Women are being pushed out of their bathrooms by perverts who may or may not assault them.
Their Sports are being increasingly dominated by men. They are losing everything and yet they either support it or they do nothing to fight it. Strange?

It is strange.

I suppose it is a consequence of the feminist ideology they have been indoctrinated with. You can't be a good feminist and expect special treatment if you don't also support other "victimized" groups.